Star Trek: Next Generation - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Season 1 Collector's Edition Jumbo Steelbook 6 disc set (all 7 seasons will be released as steelbooks with co-ordinated spine art)

Release Date: {param} September 6th, 2012

Buy Link

Special Gift:
Based on Google Chrome translation:
"The Star Trek Pin Collection - exclusive only in the Collectors Edition of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray ™. Each Steelbook Collector's Edition includes an exclusive Star Trek pin in the size of 5cm and a collection code. Enter each code in all 7 seasons just to the manufacturer's website and you end up with the ultimate collection box Pin Each pin is exclusively and only on the new erstelllt Ediition Collector of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray available. Website to register is http://www.startrek.de/tng/.
ST-TNG-2.jpg

2.jpg

For those that received their 1st shipment scratched because the pin was just taped to the front, here is an example of how a replacement was sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riker's Beard is the star of the show and deserves its own spine damn it.

That said, as much as I love TNG, it's on TV so constantly (and the HD ones will almost certainly start showing on Sky Atlantic next year or 2014 at the latest) that I've never felt the need to own it. If they'd gone with two 3 or 4 disc G2 steels a season I might have been tempted, but jumbos do nothing for me.

Reactions: WKRP
I think you are missing the point to why they put the first season images are on there. That is because all of the original cast were there including Lieutenant Tasha Yar and Wesley Crusher who was appearing on and off the seasons. It would not look right to put an older looking Riker with a beard and the thicker uniforms than have Lieutenant Yar who only appeared in the first season with the original slim uniform. That was the original cast and that is who TNG should be remembered as a whole.

I alluded to that in my post, my assumption was they used season 1 imagery because they wanted to include tasha as she was part of the original cast.

I was merely stating, I would've preferred the side art to contain The main cast in the newer uniform, if that meant at the expense of tasha appearing on the side art I PERSONALLY wouldn't mind.

I alluded to that in my post, my assumption was they used season 1 imagery because they wanted to include tasha as she was part of the original cast.

I was merely stating, I would've preferred the side art to contain The main cast in the newer uniform, if that meant at the expense of tasha appearing on the side art I PERSONALLY wouldn't mind.

Well for me I think it is important that all the original cast were there, even if it's in those skinny uniforms because that is how TNG should always be remembered. They will most probably include artwork to each season on the front, back and inside. Maybe season 3 will show Riker's Beard :hilarious:

The artwork looks great, I will need to buy them all! :D

I'm a huge Star Trek fan, I have seen all the TV-shows and movies!

Now I can get rid of all 7 seasons of my DVD collector box sets. These will make a nice addition to my collection. :oohyeah: Thanks for the heads up on the pins.

Now all we need is for them to release steelbooks for Stargate SG-1. :scat:

This is so awesome! My only hope is that they release them slowly so I can keep up with the releases!

The releases will probably be six months to a year apart. They are having to recreate the episodes from the original footage on film, re-editing it back into the episodes, and redoing a lot of the effects, so it's a slow process.

It's worth it though, I have the teaser blu ray and it's like looking at a whole new show.

Reactions: hamudm
Now I can get rid of all 7 seasons of my DVD collector box sets. These will make a nice addition to my collection. :oohyeah: Thanks for the heads up on the pins.

Now all we need is for them to release steelbooks for Stargate SG-1. :scat:

Now that would be nice, with a embossed stargate on the front :)

With all this talk of the uniforms, shouldn't Picard and Riker be pictured pulling their shirts down one last time? :p