Star Trek: Next Generation - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Season 1 Collector's Edition Jumbo Steelbook 6 disc set (all 7 seasons will be released as steelbooks with co-ordinated spine art)

Release Date: {param} September 6th, 2012

Buy Link

Special Gift:
Based on Google Chrome translation:
"The Star Trek Pin Collection - exclusive only in the Collectors Edition of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray ™. Each Steelbook Collector's Edition includes an exclusive Star Trek pin in the size of 5cm and a collection code. Enter each code in all 7 seasons just to the manufacturer's website and you end up with the ultimate collection box Pin Each pin is exclusively and only on the new erstelllt Ediition Collector of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray available. Website to register is http://www.startrek.de/tng/.
ST-TNG-2.jpg

2.jpg

For those that received their 1st shipment scratched because the pin was just taped to the front, here is an example of how a replacement was sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I have all 7 seasons on DVD and even though this would be great (for I want it on Blu-ray), why does this only get shrunk by 1 disc? If my memory serves, the DVD sets all had 7 discs. I know they can fit 5-7 episodes (preferably 7) per disc so what gives? It's not like it would make it any less spectacular and I really hate the feel of Jumbo Steelbooks. This could be shrunk to 3-4 discs and they could keep the steelbooks thin.

As for Natasha Yar, she was in more than just the first season. She came back temporarily before going to the past and then we only saw her appear as a Romulan/human character.

I'm not 100% satisfied with how this was done, but maybe USA or Canada will have a release someday and do it right. Just because it's a steelbook, doesn't mean it's good if it's a Jumbo. I have 3 Jumbo steels. UP, Monsters, INC. Both are very poorly made and feel like they are going to break. That includes the Lord of the Rings Jumbo that was also released in the US and Canada. Just my 2 cents.

Just a thought, but wouldn't the exclusive pin collectors box that you apply for only ship to German addresses?

That is the fun part - we all will have to wait and see what the "manufacturer" has set up for non-German addresses. But hey, at least, you get an exclusive pin with each season's release. :D

OK, I have all 7 seasons on DVD and even though this would be great (for I want it on Blu-ray), why does this only get shrunk by 1 disc? If my memory serves, the DVD sets all had 7 discs. I know they can fit 5-7 episodes (preferably 7) per disc so what gives? It's not like it would make it any less spectacular and I really hate the feel of Jumbo Steelbooks. This could be shrunk to 3-4 discs and they could keep the steelbooks thin.

Just because it's a steelbook, doesn't mean it's good if it's a Jumbo. I have 3 Jumbo steels. UP, Monsters, INC. Both are very poorly made and feel like they are going to break. That includes the Lord of the Rings Jumbo that was also released in the US and Canada. Just my 2 cents.

I would rather have the best quality available than for it all to fit on a couple of discs. Plus, it really will look cool on the shelf. Season 1 has so many poor episodes that I probably won't watch every one anyway. We all know how much ass Code of Honour sucked!

I have to agree with Sunny, season 5 for me. By this season your completely immersed in it. I was completely and utterly hooked by it. :drool:

I'm not a big Trekky fan, I just like TNG episodes and the movies from it, also including ST 4: The Voyage Home, and ST 6: The Undiscovered Country. All the others series did not have the humour and enjoyment as TNG. I think DATA has to be the love of the series :)