Star Trek: Next Generation - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Season 1 Collector's Edition Jumbo Steelbook 6 disc set (all 7 seasons will be released as steelbooks with co-ordinated spine art)

Release Date: {param} September 6th, 2012

Buy Link

Special Gift:
Based on Google Chrome translation:
"The Star Trek Pin Collection - exclusive only in the Collectors Edition of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray ™. Each Steelbook Collector's Edition includes an exclusive Star Trek pin in the size of 5cm and a collection code. Enter each code in all 7 seasons just to the manufacturer's website and you end up with the ultimate collection box Pin Each pin is exclusively and only on the new erstelllt Ediition Collector of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray available. Website to register is http://www.startrek.de/tng/.
ST-TNG-2.jpg

2.jpg

For those that received their 1st shipment scratched because the pin was just taped to the front, here is an example of how a replacement was sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does look awesome, shame our wallets wont like this!!

My wallet will just have to get used to it ;)

There is no way I am passing on this, and with a good £/Euro rate right now, this season only works out at about £61 delivered, compared to the cheapest UK price of the regular version of about £48. So for an extra £13, it's a no brainer from me.

I've also pre-ordered this but afraid we're gonna have the same audio problems. Hopefully Amazon.de will be running a replacement program too.

I've also pre-ordered this but afraid we're gonna have the same audio problems. Hopefully Amazon.de will be running a replacement program too.

I'm hoping that as this isn't being released for another 2 weeks, and the audio problem has been know about for some time now, that maybe there will be time to have this fixed before the set hits the streets.

If not, hopefully there'll be a replacement program in place. But still a gorgeous looking Steelbook set.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Jumbo Steels have been a no-no in the past but for some reason this one just screams - you have to buy me, look at my gorgeous curves!:drool:

The US edition hasn't been pulled for the English audio track mess up but they do acknowledge it on the webpage.

The German edition of the regular Blu-ray edition is no longer available from there site HERE. Strangely, the SteelBook edition remains on the site.

I wonder if they are going to pull it too once they relize it may have an English only audio track anomoly and possibly cancel our orders. Although the US edition has an American telephone number to call for the replacement but again I don't know if there is a German telephone number to call or that they have to call the American number as well.

Evidently you are suppose to read the number off the discs inner ring and report that to whomever to receive a replacement and don't even have to send back the bad discs either.

I see that the release date for this has been put back 10 days (from August 20th to August 30th), and I wonder if this is so that Amazon DE can get corrected disc versions before shipping the set out, rather than having to go through the hassles of re-issueing corrected discs to customers post purchase.

I do hope so, and an extra 10 days (giving them in excess of 3 weeks from now) seems like a reasonably good guestimate of how long I'd expect something like this to get corrected, pre-release.

Fingers crossed :)

I just got an email stating that the delivery date got pushed back so I checked Amazon and the release date has been pushed back to August 30, 2012. Maybe they're getting there stock replaced due to the audio anomaly on the discs. Anyways the release date in the OP needs to be changed to August 30, 2012.

I only bought one of the seasons on DVD and that was series 6. I remember they were like £65 I think and it was way too expensive back then so I held off. When the price dropped a lot I was considering getting it then but bluray was in the early stages of releases and decided to wait and hold off. Glad I did :)

I have seasons 1-6 on DVD and there ok. I never wound up getting season 7 though. I have completely stopped watching DVD's on my HDTV though because I just can't stand the quality of them. I'm strictly Blu-ray now. I should probably get on FleaBay and sell them, of course I probably wouldn't make that much as DVD is slowly becoming extinct. So this series coming out on Blu-ray is a blessing in disguise.

I know this is kind of a dumb question, because Amazon.de is selling this to Germans, and it was made for Germans, but will there be German text on the back of the steelbook? :s

I know this is kind of a dumb question, because Amazon.de is selling this to Germans, and it was made for Germans, but will there be German text on the back of the steelbook? :s

Don't really know for sure. The last two German steelbooks that I bought which were American Beauty and Cast Away didn't have a printed back, they instead had data cards but every title I've bought previous to those had printed backs. You're guess is as good as mine. We can only hope for non-printed backs. ;)

Reactions: PersianSteelbooks