Star Trek: Next Generation - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Season 1 Collector's Edition Jumbo Steelbook 6 disc set (all 7 seasons will be released as steelbooks with co-ordinated spine art)

Release Date: {param} September 6th, 2012

Buy Link

Special Gift:
Based on Google Chrome translation:
"The Star Trek Pin Collection - exclusive only in the Collectors Edition of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray ™. Each Steelbook Collector's Edition includes an exclusive Star Trek pin in the size of 5cm and a collection code. Enter each code in all 7 seasons just to the manufacturer's website and you end up with the ultimate collection box Pin Each pin is exclusively and only on the new erstelllt Ediition Collector of Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray available. Website to register is http://www.startrek.de/tng/.
ST-TNG-2.jpg

2.jpg

For those that received their 1st shipment scratched because the pin was just taped to the front, here is an example of how a replacement was sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the waiting will be worth it. I got the AV, bluray player, 7.1 Channel surround sound, DTS-Master or PCM sound all ready to welcome TNG in HD for the first time :)

Here's a video where they talk about the difficulties of trying to formatting it out to 16:9. It won't be in 16:9 because it was shot in 4:3.

That's disappointing to see...."it's too diffictult!" Ehh - they could have done it, it just would have taken them longer. Maybe the studio was pushing for a quick release on this....:angry:

That's disappointing to see...."it's too diffictult!" Ehh - they could have done it, it just would have taken them longer. Maybe the studio was pushing for a quick release on this....:angry:

That isn't what they said at all. Unless you expect them to build a time machine, so they can go back in time 25 years and tell them to frame the shots for a 16:9 conversion, there's no way to make a 4:3 show 16:9 without losing a lot of the image and over-zooming the shots.

They did a 16:9 version of TOS for TV broadcasts, and it's almost unwatchable.

That isn't what they said at all. Unless you expect them to build a time machine, so they can go back in time 25 years and tell them to frame the shots for a 16:9 conversion, there's no way to make a 4:3 show 16:9 without losing a lot of the image and over-zooming the shots.

They did a 16:9 version of TOS for TV broadcasts, and it's almost unwatchable.

Exactly. Either you lose info by zooming the shots to fit 16:0 or you expose the negative, which has stuff that isn't meant to be seen (like in some instances, lights, etc...). It's lose-lose

I was referring to the shot like the enterprise where it gets cut off....they could have easily reconstructed the missing parts. But i guess for some of the internal shots it would've been a lot harder - but not impossible. Like when they showed the shots of the bridge, there were lights, riggings, etc on the side - they could have painted that out. I totally understand it's very difficult, but with today's technology, it isn't impossible. But for all that work, i guess just make another Star Trek show instead ;)

Believe me, the wait will be worth it. I bought the (non steelbook) Spanish version of this, complete with audio problems, but the image is absolutely fantastic. The audio on the unaffected discs is also great. On the problem discs, which they are replacing, the sound is like from a transistor radio!

I've seen a lot of side-by-side comparison images of the the old footage and the newly restored footage and I'm amazed at how good it looks. I'm excited, I for one can't wait for this to release. It'll be like watching it all for the first time again, well sorta. :scat:

I'm hoping that the reason it keeps getting pushed back on the release date is because they were in the process of replacing the sets that had the defective audio with new ones. Also the sound on this is going to be phenomenal on my A/V system. :drool: