Star Trek: Next Generation - Season 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Amazon Exclusive) [Germany]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Star Trek: Next Generation - Season 2 Collectors Edition, Steelbook (exklusiv bei Amazon.de) [Blu-ray]

Release Date: December 20th, 2012

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B009T62L08/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

ST_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For 69.99 euros, its not worth the hassle and disappointment. I've cancelled my order, I'll get it cheaper 6 months or so down the road. Even season 1 steelbook hasn't sold out yet 2 months after the re-release.

The review of season 2 over at Blu-ray.com gives just a good opinion for the picture quality - I really don't think we have anything to worry about.

The review of season 2 over at Blu-ray.com gives just a good opinion for the picture quality - I really don't think we have anything to worry about.

General picture quality would be good as expected when scanning from film stock rather than upscaling it from a digital source.

Its the redone visual effects that I'm worried about .. while generally being good, its the bad that people will notice the most as provided by screenshots.

I'm still going to wait for a cheaper price, at 70 euros its still a hefty cost.

I won't cancel my order, but I am deeply disappointed by the foolish decision made by the studio.
I'm sure most of us would gladly wait in order to receive a first class release instead of a poorly made rush job.

Reactions: VeganVulcan
It's still better than DVD quality so I'm staying the course and keeping my order in. Although CBS really made a poor decision when they let this other company in the door. Oh well it is what it is. :rolleyes:

Just watched the first 3 episodes from the 1st season.
The visual effects and CGI shots are mind-blowingly good! Literally my mouth was like EEK!

Too bad the second season won't look that good, but still...
P.S: Tasha Yar in BDHD = :drool:

mine shipped yesterday and the delivery date is Dec. 28th. Dont know maybe i got lucky? or maybe they just haven't changed it yet. Also mine shipped for 54 euros.

The release date is the 20th and I thought that Amazon was notorious for waiting until release date to ship out it's movies. I wonder if they've changed there wait period. Not that I'm complaining but just seems strange is all.

mine shipped yesterday and the delivery date is Dec. 28th. Dont know maybe i got lucky? or maybe they just haven't changed it yet. Also mine shipped for 54 euros.

54 euros? How? Why? Where do you live, outside Europe?

Mine was shipped yesterday too and is estimated to arrive January 3rd.. Usually takes 4-5 working days to arrive so with all the holidays coming up it's understandable.

54 euros? How? Why? Where do you live, outside Europe?

Mine was shipped yesterday too and is estimated to arrive January 3rd.. Usually takes 4-5 working days to arrive so with all the holidays coming up it's understandable.

yeah mine cost 54.61 euros and 3 euro shipping so total 57.61. Sorry should have clarified. :emb:

I can't wait to get mine either. I finished watching season 1 and I'm ready to see season 2 in HD. With the 25th and 26th as holidays, it probably won't get here till January 5th or so... :(

Can't believe this, just checked the tracking number of this and apparently mine arrived friday last week but I thought it was something else I had ordered when I received the notification, so I didn't bother going to the postal office to pick it up....

picard-facepalm.jpg

Going to pick it up today! Perfect timing too as this was a christmas gift to myself!

Last edited: