Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Added to Calendar: 09-07-20

Apr 2, 2014
Exactly my thoughts. Such a missed opportunity it's unreal. Even this steaming turd of a film gets a great steelbook ahead of Empire.
Honestly can’t believe they dropped the ball THAT much. Genuinely curious to know the team behind the design and sign off of these steelbooks - surely they can’t have had the vision of the artwork in place only to have episode V as such an oddity.

tommyh84

Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Honestly can’t believe they dropped the ball THAT much. Genuinely curious to know the team behind the design and sign off of these steelbooks - surely they can’t have had the vision of the artwork in place only to have episode V as such an oddity.
There must be a licensing issue which means they couldn't use that art, it's literally the only explanation

Apr 2, 2014
There must be a licensing issue which means they couldn't use that art, it's literally the only explanation
Possibly. I mean there clearly is a reason for it. It surely wasn’t done for the sake of design. For me, it ruins the set. Eight out of the nine films may release with matching artwork, but as long as episode V remains the way it is, it’s not a matching set..

Steelselecta

Premium Supporter
Jul 30, 2013
UK
Apart from the dogs dinner of an Empire steelbook, if this entire series of releases are glossed and even better have some bossing, these are going to be little mini grails.

So wish that Empire didn’t look so naff!

Apr 2, 2014
Anyone know the actual release dates or are we all of a sudden going to get a £330 bill lol
A New Hope releases July 27th, with episodes V and VI releasing one, and two weeks after this.

Not sure about the prequel/(and if they release them) sequel trilogies - I’m guessing they’ll release a week apart, but not sure if that will be straight after Return of the Jedi or not.

Oh, and it’s £270 for all 9, not £330!

DMD4k

QuoteMaster (TM)
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
There's still room to mess it up, so don't uncross those fingers just yet. We need these dripping in gloss.

May 22, 2010
california usa
this could be really expensive for me if the new hope turns out to be awesome gloss but if that one is matte it would meant cancellation for all others .

Robsonmonkey

Premium Supporter
Apr 25, 2013
But the thing is there is other artwork which would have done the job

Clearly the licencing issue wasn't a problem when they put it on the back of the last Empire steelbook