Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly my thoughts. Such a missed opportunity it's unreal. Even this steaming turd of a film gets a great steelbook ahead of Empire.
Honestly can’t believe they dropped the ball THAT much. Genuinely curious to know the team behind the design and sign off of these steelbooks - surely they can’t have had the vision of the artwork in place only to have episode V as such an oddity.

Honestly can’t believe they dropped the ball THAT much. Genuinely curious to know the team behind the design and sign off of these steelbooks - surely they can’t have had the vision of the artwork in place only to have episode V as such an oddity.

There must be a licensing issue which means they couldn't use that art, it's literally the only explanation

There must be a licensing issue which means they couldn't use that art, it's literally the only explanation
Possibly. I mean there clearly is a reason for it. It surely wasn’t done for the sake of design. For me, it ruins the set. Eight out of the nine films may release with matching artwork, but as long as episode V remains the way it is, it’s not a matching set..

Apart from the dogs dinner of an Empire steelbook, if this entire series of releases are glossed and even better have some bossing, these are going to be little mini grails.

So wish that Empire didn’t look so naff!

Anyone know the actual release dates or are we all of a sudden going to get a £330 bill lol
A New Hope releases July 27th, with episodes V and VI releasing one, and two weeks after this.

Not sure about the prequel/(and if they release them) sequel trilogies - I’m guessing they’ll release a week apart, but not sure if that will be straight after Return of the Jedi or not.

Oh, and it’s £270 for all 9, not £330!

There's still room to mess it up, so don't uncross those fingers just yet. We need these dripping in gloss.