Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dual of the Fates, and Jedi Party by Auralnauts are the only 2 good things to come from this movie. I saw it in the cinema on release, and I remember us all talking afterwards and we just couldn't believe what we'd just seen.

I had a season ticket at the cinema and I went to see it 2 more times because I was convinced that I must be wrong. Star Wars couldn't be bad, it must be me.

So another release with primary poster art. Keeps making ESB that much more insane.
I was watching an interview with someone the other day and they had what looked like the Laser Disk and it had the Mask cover too. I’m just going to wait and hope Best Buy does these too. Already missed the 3 I’m most interested in.

Phantom Menace is a good film. Sure dialogue is at times poor but it its such a good set up for the trilogy and i know I am in the minority of people who think that.
Most of the story isn't presented to you but more something you have to discover watching the trilogy. One example is the beginning of Mace and Anakin's dislike for each other. Mace is the one who breaks the news to Anakin he won't be trained and look at the way he looks at him. Its no wonder Anakin would eventually kill him.
Jar Jar is set up as an annoying character and it makes sense that he would be stupid enough to be the one to be manipulated in to giving the Emperor his grand army.

But perhaps the best part of it that I only really discovered recently watching the Mandalorian Gallery series is how important Qui gon is. He wasn't a master because he longed for change. He knew that the jedi order needed love and compassion and there is something to be said about how Anakin sees him as a father figure so with Qui-gon being killed and him having to be trained by his more brother figure, Obi-wan, who was a more traditional Jedi, its no wonder he became conflicted and this connects right up to Return of the jedi as in the end, he's looking down on Luke being electrocuted by the Emperor and realised that he didn't have the Father figure and that destroyed him and by giving Luke love and compassion, he's essentially giving life to the new Jedi order which would be full of that....

I could go on for days about the importance of the prequels and as much Phantom menace within that. Admittedly, I was only 13 when it came out though so it is almost a childhood film for me and some people expected more than the politics but they did only disband the Republic in a scene within a New Hope so anything prior to that, especially within the context of explaining the origins of the Emperor will have to surely feature a reasonable amount of politics to show transition from a republic into an empire. If Palpatine had just been an evil dude who came in an killed people and took their place, its wouldn't be half as interesting as it is.

Something the sequels didn't even contemplate but thats another story.