Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I need some help. Never had this happens before so this are my options.. what is the best option to take on this?

I'm afraid we have run out of stock in regards to the steelbook in question, however we can process a replacement order. alternatively we can opted for a refund?

Which would you prefer?

Well, I wasn't offered replacement order, just a refund.

I am not sure how Zavvi is good with those replacement orders or not. Maybe someone could share their experience?
But from what I seen on Ebay the prices / shipping are climbing high already and cheapest to my place is the 3x price with customs and tax....

I wrote them again and will see what their reply is. However, I am thinking of canceling all the new movies I have pre-ordered and just finishing the original 6 if I have to track this one for the 3x the price.
Still, I wonder how did so many copies got lost. I see it everywhere.

Well, I wasn't offered replacement order, just a refund.

I am not sure how Zavvi is good with those replacement orders or not. Maybe someone could share their experience?
But from what I seen on Ebay the prices / shipping are climbing high already and cheapest to my place is the 3x price with customs and tax....

I wrote them again and will see what their reply is. However, I am thinking of canceling all the new movies I have pre-ordered and just finishing the original 6 if I have to track this one for the 3x the price.
Still, I wonder how did so many copies got lost. I see it everywhere.

Mine didn't arrive either. Contacted them a few days ago, but they responded that I had to wait a little longer. Would be really stupid if I can't get a replacement now because I waited a few days longer before contacting them again and they're out of replacements now. Especially if the prices on eBay are so high.

Mine didn't arrive either. Contacted them a few days ago, but they responded that I had to wait a little longer. Would be really stupid if I can't get a replacement now because I waited a few days longer before contacting them again and they're out of replacements now. Especially if the prices on eBay are so high.
Tbh I just asked second time and it's the same generic answer
" Thanks for getting in touch about your order query. I am afraid that we are unable to provide a replacement as this product is now out of stock. Please can you confirm that you are happy to accept a refund for this product "

My copy which was dispatched on the 2nd has just arrived, now i know why it took so long, it was held up at customs and i have been hit with a charge of £14. :banghead:
This shouldn't happen when sent to a UK address should it?

My copy which was dispatched on the 2nd has just arrived, now i know why it took so long, it was held up at customs and i have been hit with a charge of £14. :banghead:
what? uk to uk with customs charges?

Tbh I just asked second time and it's the same generic answer
" Thanks for getting in touch about your order query. I am afraid that we are unable to provide a replacement as this product is now out of stock. Please can you confirm that you are happy to accept a refund for this product "

I received a different answer:

Please note The Phantom Menace is currently out of stock so I can not give you an expected date for a replacement, if one is selected we would put in a special order with our suppliers.

Er, no!

So far as I know, the customs union between the UK and the Crown Dependencies (comprising Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man) is still in force:

Are these clowns still using jiffy bags have had blues bros in jiffy not doubled up, one of my toy story steels double jiffy, 2001 titans double jiffy, goonies double jiffy cant remember if others as buy so many, some others come in white mailers.
But i dont open my items so could be hidden damage. But on what i see from sealed look ok. Tiny dings to slip in blues bros which is minor.
But i hope they are using white mailers again just prefer them to double jiffy bags as they even with jiffy bags feels flimsy and by time they get to me they are pretty bang up and torn at times.
But blues bros steel in one jiffy bag come on zavvi, and was not expecting that in jiffy also.
I suppose its better than few years ago when they just sent in single jiffy bags when white mailers run out.
I have another 13 steels on the way to me some have been 29 days today in transit. So god knows which of these are in bags.

I received a different answer:

Please note The Phantom Menace is currently out of stock so I can not give you an expected date for a replacement, if one is selected we would put in a special order with our suppliers.
I guess I ask them third time on the Monday. I do honestly feel bad about annoying them and if it wasn't a steelbook in middle of the series I wouldn't give a damn but I would prefer to not have hole in a collection.
I have no idea why they respond to each customer differently. It's not like am a new customer there or anything, I am certain I purchased more than 50 - 60 steelbooks there.

Exactly, first time for me after hundreds of orders.

The best thing about this is that claiming back these charges when they make a mistake is such a pain that it's barely worth the time and hassle it takes.

I got charged for customs on an item from Amazon US that was clearly marked as being worth $12, and when I called them they treat me like it was somehow my fault that they'd charged me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ali D
Hello everyone, still haven't received mine either. I hope zavvi is gonna order a reprint for these one when i see all the problem people have.
zavvi won't do anything, as long as idiots keep buying it.
Time will pass and then it will be just like many others like sleepy hollow :-(

Reactions: chingie123