Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 11 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM for general release - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12607341-9144775116183020.jpg

12607341-9684775116370001.jpg 12607341-1474775116309800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no sign of my original copy either. And now it’s sold out. No idea what’s going on with zavvis systems at the moment but they really need to sort it out.
Star Wars steels are my only pre orders at the moment due to my current circumstances which is stupid, but I really wanted the Star Wars steels! I should of cancelled them all after the original trilogy and now phantom menace has gone bye bye like so many other customers orders I think I’m just going to cancel them all.
No idea what they are playing at

Still no sign of my original copy either. And now it’s sold out. No idea what’s going on with zavvis systems at the moment but they really need to sort it out.
Star Wars steels are my only pre orders at the moment due to my current circumstances which is stupid, but I really wanted the Star Wars steels! I should of cancelled them all after the original trilogy and now phantom menace has gone bye bye like so many other customers orders I think I’m just going to cancel them all.
No idea what they are playing at

I’m not cancelling the rest just yet but, yes, if they can’t fill my order or if I get stuck with a damaged one then I’m absolutely cancelling the rest. That said, I’m interested to see what they come up with to botch each of the forthcoming releases. They’re on a real roll right now but they’re going to have to get really creative from here. I mean scuffed and dented steelbooks is expected. But sending some people multiple copies and others nothing I’m betting nobody saw coming.

I really figured that Best Buy would have announced a similar line by now and solved the problem for those of us in the States but it hasn’t happened.

Reactions: MM3 and Flloydo
Oddly I just got an automated order update email which I’m assuming relates to this..... so maybe they weren’t all sent out? Anyway whatever it is, zavvi need to keep on track regardless of the Covid issues. They can’t be sending out dispatch emails and then telling customers to contact them by the 16th If we still haven’t received them if the below is the actual case
@tommyh84 have you had this email?

DAA92C09-5B73-4836-9434-16C6DF73937B.png

• Informative
Reactions: tommyh84
Oddly I just got an automated order update email which I’m assuming relates to this..... so maybe they weren’t all sent out? Anyway whatever it is, zavvi need to keep on track regardless of the Covid issues. They can’t be sending out dispatch emails and then telling customers to contact them by the 16th If we still haven’t received them if the below is the actual case

View attachment 485538
When you contact Zavvi using contact us
They been sending out that email sometimes instead of replying direct to the message you sent them

A few got that email yesterday it was in regards to The Fifth Element orders not been dispatched yet

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo

View attachment 485538

Nope not had that email myself, still no sign of my copy either and my re-stock order still not shipped

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
When you contact Zavvi using contact us
They been sending out that email sometimes instead of replying direct to the message you sent them

A few got that email yesterday it was in regards to The Fifth Element orders not been dispatched yet

ah ok. Never known them to do it but kinda makes sense if they haven’t got the time or man power to reply to them all. I already contacted them the other day about it and had a reply to say contact them on the 16th if it still hasn’t arrived. So yeah it might be because of that and not realising they’ve already replied to me

Nope not had that email myself, still no sign of my copy either and my re-stock order still not shipped

Downer. Same boat mate

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
Well, despite not knowing what was actually going on with my order I did actually get a copy today in the two jiffy bags and it looks mint even though I haven’t opened it yet. I don’t think the second one for my nephew is ever going to arrive. They indicated it shipped but I was never even charged for it so it doesn’t even really matter. I’m just happy I did get one of them

I really hope that everyone else gets their copy.

Having inspected the copy I received yesterday I see that mine has the edge scuffs on the front and thin scratches on the back similar to Jedi. If I look straight at my copy in looks perfectly mint but if I hold it at certain angles and/or light the scuffs and scratches can look really bad. No dents of spine slashes so I'm not overly bothered by it but I did notify Zavvi. I feel like these types of manufacturing scratches seem to be more common lately on new steelbooks - at least the ones I've been buying.