Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only asking out of curiosity but what indication was there that it was limited to 2 later on?
Was there a message on the ordering page? Or if you tried to enter a quantity higher than 2 it automatically changed to 2?
Paul said it.

I'm only asking out of curiosity but what indication was there that it was limited to 2 later on?
Was there a message on the ordering page? Or if you tried to enter a quantity higher than 2 it automatically changed to 2?
You couldn't add more than 2 to the basket, it just reverted to 2 max. Zavvi have done this before, with the Thor 4K Steelbooks for instance.

Lol. Gotcha ;)

but yeah I’ve ordered from zavvi many times and for many years. Since 2013 I’ve been ordering from them and although I don’t order anywhere near as many releases as I use to, I always bought two of each release when it was a big release like this or soemthing I surely didn’t want to miss out on.
I placed an order for 2 Star Wars and top gun steelbook in the same order.

approximately 3 hours later I got the cancellation email. I’ve never seen this happen before.

I even know that people order multiples 2 in each order for example and place multiple orders. Which surely there’s no way if anyone did that, they would let that pass. They said 100% those would be canceled. But not sure if anyone actually tried to order multiples like that.

Oh and I’m not an RC member so not sure that makes any difference
Maybe because you were not a RC member and ordered before general release ? or did you order from overseas ? where the glitch allowed non-RC members to order...

This cannot be correct. When the listing came back up for order it was limited to 2, so orders of 2 should not be cancelled, unless it's multiple orders of more than 2 or overseas orders that non RC members made, in which case, that's fine. I'm going to be upset if they cancel my other 499 orders of 2 each for this, that means only a 50/50 chance of a mint copy now.....:woot:

It's a joke...
Don't worry, it's only the steelbooks being cancelled, you'll still have 499 t-shirts to wear ;)
It's a joke - they cancelled the t-shirts too :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: BluCrazy2
Did you actually test it by trying to enter more than 2?
Your clearly not up to date with my previous posts, I tried to order 1000 but it wouldn't allow me, maxed out at 2...…..but in all seriousness, of course I did, I suspected it would be like that anyway from zavvis actions, you've got to check. I will add, that i already ordered earlier during the RC only time and there was no limit then, only when it came back after zavvi stopped sales. I only ordered 1 by the way...

Reactions: Stygian
Ok, I think you've settled down now.

Actually, it seems was not even by far plenty enough! Here and on other forums there are a lot of people that say did not get it.
There was plenty of time to get it. In any case none of us are owed one. It's up to you to make sure you get it if you really want it. If you're going to be at work or away from the computer join a GB for it in advance, or have a friend purchase one for you... whatever. It's your responsibility.

I for exeample, saw when become available for RC users and for Zavvi US, but not living in UK could not order it as a RC, and since I did never ordered from Zavvi US website and didn't kew that will be also shipped from UK, didn't ordered from there either; then, just few hours after, when I got back from work, my 18:00 o'clock, UK's 16:00, these were no more available.
Well you may have been looking somewhere else, because HabuTheTiger (p. 17) reported he was surprised they were still in stock at 16:55 (UK). Later, D4vem88 (p.17) mentioned it showed as sold out at 17:57 (UK), quite a few hours after most of us here had already purchased them. The thread didn't even have much action by then, that says it all, nobody was rushing for those last copies. In any case you've said it yourself, you didn't want to buy through other Zavvi websites, only through their UK one, that was your choice, your risk to take.

Once again, someone that is "full" don't believe the ones that are "empty" (the saying was about bellies, but it is all the same in any context) .
Not sure what you mean here exactly, but sure... why not LOL I'm pretty sure if you had purchased one or three you wouldn't be complaining either.
Usually I really like and appreciate your comments, @DMD4k, but this time... (n) My opinion, if you don't have anything constructive or helpful to say, please at least don't bother to rubb your luckiness in others noses!
I'm not rubbing anything in anybody's nose Felix, I was asked if I secured a copy and I said I had, as did most ninjas... except you and Geo, apparently, and it was Geo which actually asked the question lol Replying was no bother.
If there's no restock there's always the classifieds and ebay. Don't be afraid of sourcing your copies from the aftermarket too, I know I do. You might pay a little more, but considering how worked up you get when you miss out maybe it is worth a little extra, but only you can decide that. Good luck :thumbs: :thumbs:

I placed an order for 2 Star Wars and top gun steelbook in the same order.
Somethings not adding up here.

Previously you said you only ordered 2. Now you're saying there was 4 steelbooks in the order? (coz you said you only ever order 2 per title in case one gets damaged so I assume you ordered 2 Top Guns too...?)

So they cancelled the complete order including the Top Guns too? :confused:

There was a limit of two introduced by Zavvi themselves.

So no order of two should be cancelled.

The only thing I can think of is that they oversold......

Reactions: DMD4k
Well you may have been looking somewhere else, because HabuTheTiger (p. 17) reported he was surprised they were still in stock at 16:55 (UK). Later, D4vem88 (p.17) mentioned it showed as sold out at 17:57 (UK), quite a few hours after most of us here had already purchased them. The thread didn't even have much action by then, that says it all, nobody was rushing for those last copies. In any case you've said it yourself, you didn't want to buy through other Zavvi websites, only through their UK one, that was your choice, your risk to take.

Yes, here I was mistaken, I remembered later, was 19 o'clock when I reached home, and, I don't know about you or others, but I do not immediately jump on the computer, especially after working whole day with computers, users and networks + servers.

Felix_ro said:

Once again, someone that is "full" don't believe the ones that are "empty" (the saying was about bellies, but it is all the same in any context) .

Not sure what you mean here exactly, but sure... why not LOL I'm pretty sure if you had purchased one or three you wouldn't be complaining either.
I'm not rubbing anything in anybody's nose Felix, I was asked if I secured a copy and I said I had, as did most ninjas... except you and Geo, apparently, and it was Geo which actually asked the question lol Replying was no bother.
NO, you posted right after my post, #398 and said "was plenty", exactly as that you had been "satisfied" your "belly" and was enough for you, nothing and no body other mattered anymore! Furthermore, I have NEVER purchased anything more than what I need, I NEVER wanted to "profiteering" from this or any other items in my entire life, and for sure I will not do that; there's enough "sharks" and "untruthful" persons in this world, why should I add to the scum?

And rest assured, 3500 is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING taking into account the WHOLE WORLD! Maybe just for part US, or maybe just for part of Europe, yes, but definitely not for the whole world! As @Flloydo said (thanks!), even the non SteelBook collectors, but Star Wars fans would go and get this one for sure!

You also mentioned GB's! If you can find ANY GB that could REALLY fulfill this one, with the limit of 2 per order, then you're great, show me where is, and I'll shut up!

If there's no restock there's always the classifieds and ebay. Don't be afraid of sourcing your copies from the aftermarket too, I know I do. You might pay a little more, but considering how worked up you get when you miss out maybe it is worth a little extra, but only you can decide that. Good luck :thumbs: :thumbs:
CLEARLY, either you did not read what I wrote, or, again, you don't care, if you suggested this "option" with eBay.
And frankly, if for you "a little more" is TWICE, THRICE or even more, then, go for that "little more.

Thanks for your wish! :thumbs:

Yes, here I was mistaken, I remembered later, was 19 o'clock when I reached home, and, I don't know about you or others, but I do not immediately jump on the computer, especially after working whole day with computers, users and networks + servers.
Well what can I say? You're well aware you missed out because you didn't set yourself up to have a good chance at getting one. You just want the world to know your pain. Acknowledged.
Next time you'll do better... or not, and also give others grief for having secured a steelbook when you didn't really feel like sitting in front of the computer. How dare we! Nay, how dare Zavvi!!!

NO, you posted right after my post, #398 and said "was plenty"
Yes I did. And it was. You didn't get one because you couldn't be bothered to get in front of the computer or your phone to buy it. That's really what it boils down to. It wasn't my fault, nor Zavvi's. I don't even know what you're complaining about!!!

, exactly as that you had been "satisfied" your "belly" and was enough for you, nothing and no body other mattered anymore!
Give me a break. You knew, or should have known because the info was here, that it was going to be limited. You took the risk of not ordering on the dot and instead waited a leisurely 3 hours or whatever just because you were hanging back having a cool one resting from your hectic work. That's on you.
Furthermore, I have NEVER purchased anything more than what I need, I NEVER wanted to "profiteering" from this or any other items in my entire life, and for sure I will not do that; there's enough "sharks" and "untruthful" persons in this world, why should I add to the scum?
I don't care. Zero facs given. It is completely irrelevant to the matter of you missing out because you weren't ready. Go find one for a fair price you're willing to pay, whatever it is, or wait for a restock or some other country to release these. People are actually saying it will happen. Wait for those instead of whining about untruthful persons or sharks or whatever's next in your list of excuses.
And rest assured, 3500 is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING taking into account the WHOLE WORLD! Maybe just for part US, or maybe just for part of Europe, yes, but definitely not for the whole world! As @Flloydo said (thanks!), even the non SteelBook collectors, but Star Wars fans would go and get this one for sure!
So you knew about it, you considered it "absolutely nothing" of an amount, yet you did nothing to make sure you got one the minute it went live. I can understand that approach if you were on the fence, but if you really wanted one and you felt like there weren't going to be enough to go around, why not take precautions so you didn't miss out? Why not go online the minute you can while they were still in stock? Or take a short break from work for literally 2 minutes?
You also mentioned GB's! If you can find ANY GB that could REALLY fulfill this one, with the limit of 2 per order, then you're great, show me where is, and I'll shut up!
I don't think I could provide you with any GB you'd be pleased as of now, with that really underlined, but it's also not my job to source you one.
CLEARLY, either you did not read what I wrote, or, again, you don't care, if you suggested this "option" with eBay.
1) you're right, I don't care, but 2) you don't have to go to eBay to get scalped, and also there are some deals to be had on eBay. It all depends on how much you want it vs can afford to pay for it.
And frankly, if for you "a little more" is TWICE, THRICE or even more, then, go for that "little more.
It is whatever you want it to be. You might find it for cost price plus 10 pounds for all I know. I don't care, I haven't looked. But if true, why wouldn't you pay that? I would. I would be fully aware it was my fault I missed it, there was ample time to have picked it up, and I couldn't be bothered... someone did and they're only charging me 10 pounds for their time. It's reasonable. Would I pay 1000 pounds for the same? Probably not.

NO, you posted right after my post, #398 and said "was plenty", exactly as that you had been "satisfied" your "belly" and was enough for you, nothing and no body other mattered anymore! Furthermore, I have NEVER purchased anything more than what I need, I NEVER wanted to "profiteering" from this or any other items in my entire life, and for sure I will not do that; there's enough "sharks" and "untruthful" persons in this world, why should I add to the scum?

Thanks for your wish! :thumbs:
Well what can I say? You're well aware you missed out because you didn't set yourself up to have a good chance at getting one. You just want the world to know your pain. Acknowledged.
Next time you'll do better... or not, and also give others grief for having secured a steelbook when you didn't really feel like sitting in front of the computer. How dare we! Nay, how dare Zavvi!!!

Yes I did. And it was. You didn't get one because you couldn't be bothered to get in front of the computer or your phone to buy it. That's really what it boils down to. It wasn't my fault, nor Zavvi's. I don't even know what you're complaining about!!!

Give me a break. You knew, or should have known because the info was here, that it was going to be limited. You took the risk of not ordering on the dot and instead waited a leisurely 3 hours or whatever just because you were hanging back having a cool one resting from your hectic work. That's on you.
I don't care. Zero facs given. It is completely irrelevant to the matter of you missing out because you weren't ready. Go find one for a fair price you're willing to pay, whatever it is, or wait for a restock or some other country to release these. People are actually saying it will happen. Wait for those instead of whining about untruthful persons or sharks or whatever's next in your list of excuses.
So you knew about it, you considered it "absolutely nothing" of an amount, yet you did nothing to make sure you got one the minute it went live. I can understand that approach if you were on the fence, but if you really wanted one and you felt like there weren't going to be enough to go around, why not take precautions so you didn't miss out? Why not go online the minute you can while they were still in stock? Or take a short break from work for literally 2 minutes?
I don't think I could provide you with any GB you'd be pleased as of now, with that really underlined, but it's also not my job to source you one.
1) you're right, I don't care, but 2) you don't have to go to eBay to get scalped, and also there are some deals to be had on eBay. It all depends on how much you want it vs can afford to pay for it.
It is whatever you want it to be. You might find it for cost price plus 10 pounds for all I know. I don't care, I haven't looked. But if true, why wouldn't you pay that? I would. I would be fully aware it was my fault I missed it, there was ample time to have picked it up, and I couldn't be bothered... someone did and they're only charging me 10 pounds for their time. It's reasonable. Would I pay 1000 pounds for the same? Probably not.

41DC8780-3676-4F22-9D7D-BC21E6346D21.gif