Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today, Zavvi somehow managed to send me two copies even though I only ordered one, and was charged once (???). Any UK member that missed out on this release DM me!

I seem to be in the minority with this opinion but I don't think it's all that great. The gloss finish is nice, but there's zero embossing/debossing and the title is just slapped on there with a weird purple edge to the font. The silver border on the front art is also just... odd looking, to my eyes anyway. Granted all of this was on the mock-up art but I was hoping it would look nicer in hand. I will say it's a step up from the trilogy steel I have, but in comparison to the BluFans RO, TFA & TLJ releases it's incredibly lacking.

I've spent soooo much on Star Wars releases over the years and the thought of spending £30 a pop on 'not bad, not great' steels just isn't appealing to me - especially when I will never watch the blu-rays as I prefer the unaltered versions of the films. I promised myself I'd stop buying steels I don't even like so I think I'm going to cancel all of my pre-orders and send this back.

...the terrible/confusing art choice for my favourite film in the series is making this decision easier!

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Received this Morning :cigar:. The gloss is a nice touch. Shame about the embossing/debossing. The droids on the back look good R2 head looks as if has some spot gloss effect to me and C3PO.

Not perfect but the best Star Wars SB so far.

Going to watch this later. :thumbs:

All the people still waiting for this. May the force be with you

Reactions: DMD4k
Also got mine today. Looks great. Had a feeling it would be like the new marvel 4Ks flat and gloss but I’m very happy with that.

The next one is going to stick out so badly though. Still can’t believe Zavvi haven’t even had the decency to comment on the backlash. They just straight up ignored everyone like it’s a dream lol

Received my 2 copies today in cardboard mailers, opened one copy which seems to be fine. Looking forward to getting the complete set as I never bought the old individual star wars steelbooks as every single time I bought one it had issues

Bloody spine slash !
This is so bad! Why is this still happening? I hope you get it replaced somehow.

Bummer. I avoided the spine slash but got one covered in scratches. There's more under the cellophane that I haven't bothered to fully unwrap it. Infuriating.
Shocking and not tolerable.

I seem to be in the minority with this opinion but I don't think it's all that great. The gloss finish is nice, but there's zero embossing/debossing and the title is just slapped on there with a weird purple edge to the font. The silver border on the front art is also just... odd looking, to my eyes anyway. Granted all of this was on the mock-up art but I was hoping it would look nicer in hand. I will say it's a step up from the trilogy steel I have, but in comparison to the BluFans RO, TFA & TLJ releases it's incredibly lacking.
I'm with you. Gloss was the bare minimum and they did that. But I guess everybody was hoping for something special as a surprise. The purple outline is weird indeed. You're right it was there on the beautyshot from the start, but I never realized it until the first live pics rolled in. Looks odd.

I've spent soooo much on Star Wars releases over the years and the thought of spending £30 a pop on 'not bad, not great' steels just isn't appealing to me - especially when I will never watch the blu-rays as I prefer the unaltered versions of the films. I promised myself I'd stop buying steels I don't even like so I think I'm going to cancel all of my pre-orders and send this back.
Before you send it back, maybe talk to @Lewis Watts and/or @burtbird maybe they'll happily take the ANH copy from you?