Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect Disney releasing it around Christmas in US with a massive print run, dropping prices of those to the floor.

Warning: the Spoiler contains a NSTW image. Be very careful the image is really gory and heartwarming. You are advised.

View attachment 479508

THESE MOTHERF*CKERS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
i couldnt put all my copies (around ten times this amount) on the picture as I would have to zoom out to the point you wouldnt be able to see spine clearly anymore

Got mine today, Zavvi somehow managed to send me two copies even though I only ordered one, and was charged once (???). Any UK member that missed out on this release DM me!

I seem to be in the minority with this opinion but I don't think it's all that great. The gloss finish is nice, but there's zero embossing/debossing and the title is just slapped on there with a weird purple edge to the font. The silver border on the front art is also just... odd looking, to my eyes anyway. Granted all of this was on the mock-up art but I was hoping it would look nicer in hand. I will say it's a step up from the trilogy steel I have, but in comparison to the BluFans RO, TFA & TLJ releases it's incredibly lacking.

I've spent soooo much on Star Wars releases over the years and the thought of spending £30 a pop on 'not bad, not great' steels just isn't appealing to me - especially when I will never watch the blu-rays as I prefer the unaltered versions of the films. I promised myself I'd stop buying steels I don't even like so I think I'm going to cancel all of my pre-orders and send this back.

...the terrible/confusing art choice for my favourite film in the series is making this decision easier!
Check and make sure you did not use Zavvi Australia or Zavvi Germany websites as well as using Zavvi UK website to do an order and forget you did this and used a different Debit/Credit Card

Wow! eBay is flooded with these In the £40’s - £80’s (that’s without shipping in most cases). Never seen so many listings of a new release on there before. Well over 100 listings. Scalpers seriously took advantage of this one. I guess the rest will be similar except maybe the newer trilogy

Warning: the Spoiler contains a NSTW image. Be very careful the image is really gory and heartwarming. You are advised.

View attachment 479508

THESE MOTHERF*CKERS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Scum. Worse thing is, he’s sold 4 according to the listing. Chances are he’s here reading these comments - his listings are mainly steelbooks, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was part of this community.

So - if you are, on behalf of everyone else on this site, f you.

lol I ordered two in a single order when these first came up for pre order and I had both my orders cancelled. Thankfully I re ordered when it came back the other day and it got dispatched. But i had my 2 initial orders cancelled.
How on earth he got all those I have no idea considering this was limited to apparently 2 per account

Even that hasn’t stopped people like the scalpers in the picture above picking up 10+ copies..

Yeah man it’s crazy. Also it don’t matter how many accounts you have with different email addresses. They know on their system because of the shipping address.

So although it’s 2 per customer they also know people have multiple accounts but don’t care. It’s easier for them to cancel bulk orders on one account than it is to go through orders of 2 over say 10+ accounts. They wouldn't flag. Would just look normal

Last edited:
And the only reason I know they can tell from address is because a few years back I had a massive issue on a account and they f**ked up a bunch of my orders and cancellations and then locked me out of my account and still charged me for a couple of orders. I had 2 accounts with them at the time (used to just use them randomly when certain discount codes were about) so i contacted them on my other account. It got out of control because they said I couldn’t return the other orders I was charged for because my account was locked. I made a huge complaint and the head of CS phoned me and we sorted it all out over the phone. Took about an hour. The guy was really helpful to be fair which is a shock for Zavvi and he said that they can see who has multiple accounts for the same address. But it didn’t flag unless you looked into those accounts.

So basically they can tell but it’s not flagged like if you ordered bulk orders. But once they find them they can look through linked accounts.

I’ve worked in CS for years, used multiple databases and systems so I know this is true. Most of them can and all it takes is a IT team or the people who own that said database to update it

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluCrazy2
I'm pretty angry, not for my MasterCard, but for the fact that there are real collectors like us that really want a special edition but then, here they come, these ^@*@^^@%_!& ebayers.
I'm contacting Zavvi's CS tomorrow attaching them the photo in the post right up here, and if you can, do so, maybe we can move something

Yeah man it’s crazy. Also it don’t matter how many accounts you have with different email addresses. They know on their system because of the shipping address.

So although it’s 2 per customer they also know people have multiple accounts but don’t care. It’s easier for them to cancel bulk orders on one account than it is to go through orders of 2 over say 10+ accounts. They wouldn't flag. Would just look normal

All zavvi want is the money they couldn't care less how many copies x or y buys as long as they get them shifted.