Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like what they told me when my copy of WW went missing. All that happened was that it never turned up and they ended up refunding me on the date they gave. I really hope the same hasn't happened here.

The thing that pisses me off about zavvi orders is that none of their packages show up as en route or even with a tracking number on USPS' Informed Daily Delivery Digest. It's always a surprise. Sometimes items from the same order will be dispatched same day only to show up days apart.

The thing that pisses me off about zavvi orders is that none of their packages show up as en route or even with a tracking number on USPS' Informed Daily Delivery Digest. It's always a surprise. Sometimes items from the same order will be dispatched same day only to show up days apart.

SteelBooks from Zavvi don't come with tracking.

Shipping with tracking costs money. How much do you really want to pay for your SteelBooks?

I live in Canada. If I want to ship a SteelBook within Canada with tracking it will cost between $10 and $18.
If I want to ship a SteelBook to the U.S. with tracking it will cost a minimum of $17.50.
If I want to ship a SteelBook to the UK with tracking the current rate is $26.08 or $37.24 for 2 SteelBooks in the same box.

I believe it costs people in the U.S above $20 U.S. to ship a SteelBook to the UK.

So...How much are you currently paying to have Zavvi ship you a SteelBook?

Zavvi ships to Canada and the U.S. free of charge when ordering through the U.S site even though they are shipped from Guernsey in Europe.

I think that's a pretty good deal.

Expecting free tracking from Royal Mail is a bridge too far, sure. For USPS to not even register that incoming 'large letters' (since their steelbooks aren't shipped in padded boxes; and are always individually wrapped in cardboard), whilst every other piece of mail (without a tracking number!) does show up in the digest as 'arriving'...still pisses me off.

Really? I have no idea what that is. The USPS lets you know every piece of mail you're getting?
Yup it’s pretty cool. Even advertisements and envelopes they will scan and send you an email with what’s coming in your mail each day. Sometimes they miss scanning things. So even if you don’t have tracking every package will show up in the email that it’s being delivered that day. Not Zavvi tho. It is weird but so far every Zavvi order has arrived without fail for me.

Only thing scanned for Informed Delivery and letters and such. No packages unless they have a tracking number will show up. So obviously no zavvi and many times no amazon orders outside the US either.

Only thing scanned for Informed Delivery and letters and such. No packages unless they have a tracking number will show up. So obviously no zavvi and many times no amazon orders outside the US either.

I have never ordered from international (non-US) amazon so it was just Zavvi for me :shipped: Good to know for the future.

i didn't order anything from Zavvi UK for a very long time, since they up their shipping cost to my country to £9.99

lately i've been only using US site which charged me at $3.00 and that's a huge different for me...
Shipping should be free to the US

I have recently shipped a steel to Thailand and the US and both cost me £17 each, admittedly with better packaging than Zavvi.
Anyone outside UK shouldn't complain about how much Zavvi charge for shipping, it should be more than what it is.

I personally would like to order from best buy, they still don't ship internationally, if they did would be free to the UK. LOL.
Sorry rant over.

@redlemon He might have misread some of the posts.

When you order from us.zavvi.com, you can use a code to get free shipping, as long as the delivery address is in the US. If your delivery address is outside the US, you can still use the code which deducts the equivalent amount of what Zavvi charges for a "local" US delivery, $9.99, and you pay the balance which is $3 as gouf experienced (originally $12.99).

Same thing when ordering from the UK site with a free delivery code, however the balance when ordering then is higher than 3 bucks: £9.99 for international, code deducts £1.99, balance to pay £8.00.

@redlemon He might have misread some of the posts.

When you order from us.zavvi.com, you can use a code to get free shipping, as long as the delivery address is in the US. If your delivery address is outside the US, you can still use the code which deducts the equivalent amount of what Zavvi charges for a "local" US delivery, $9.99, and you pay the balance which is $3 as gouf experienced (originally $12.99).

Same thing when ordering from the UK site with a free delivery code, however the balance when ordering then is higher than 3 bucks: £9.99 for international, code deducts £1.99, balance to pay £8.00.
Nah dont even need a code

1596036835333.png

1596036812340.png

Reactions: Steely-Booked