Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Contacted Zavvi today as mine still hasn't arrived, and they said there is nothing they can do until the 3rd August. I asked for a guarantee that they will send me another copy, but all they said was they couldn't do anything for another few days. Not having tracking on UK items like this is a disgrace. It's something I would happily pay more for to make sure things like this get here.

Reactions: a_o
My copy arrived today and thankfully in one piece. Lovely steelbook shame about the actual film. Maybe one day I'll get the film I saw in the cinema all those decades ago......

is the front on the one you're replacing messed up too?
did you have to send in the one you initially received?
My first one of was a spine slash
The replacement has the two dents in on the front

Yeah I had to send the first one back before they sent the second

They've responded to my message about this one within minutes and have already asked if I want another replacement...third time lucky :naughty:

Reactions: GeoRattray
My first one of was a spine slash
The replacement has the two dents in on the front

Yeah I had to send the first one back before they sent the second

They've responded to my message about this one within minutes and have already asked if I want another replacement...third time lucky :naughty:
dang. i would've just kept that first one, put its dent-less metal on the replacement without a spine slash and sent them the spine-slashed/dinged-up mutant.

dang. i would've just kept that first one, put its dent-less metal on the replacement without a spine slash and sent them the spine-slashed/dinged-up mutant.
How could he? They don't send out the replacement until they receive the original one back first......

How could he? They don't send out the replacement until they receive the original one back first......
Interesting.
Other than running the risk they don’t have any replacement stock. US based buyers Zavvi doesn’t expect anything to be sent back. I still have two First Men and two Wrath of Kahn’s. In my case the replacements were better. So I guess using two steelbooks to make one whole is really only possible for US with Zavvi.

Interesting.
Other than running the risk they don’t have any replacement stock. US based buyers Zavvi doesn’t expect anything to be sent back. I still have two First Men and two Wrath of Kahn’s. In my case the replacements were better. So I guess using two steelbooks to make one whole is really only possible for US with Zavvi.
yeah, no fun finding out ~2-3 weeks later than everyone else that your copy had a spine slash.
also, paying ~$18 to return a damaged product is not feasible for most reasonable people.

Reactions: Leafs17
Interesting.
In the UK the return is free. You're sent a prepaid return label by Zavvi when you open the discussion for returning the item.

Interesting.
And this is why Red Carpet is not available outside the UK....... :rolleyes:

The cost would be astronomical to Zavvi. Unless they started looking for people to return damaged items.

This would deter people from looking for free extra copies.