Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my copy in Australia today. As reported by some others, I'm slightly underwhelmed. Maybe I set my expectations a little too high. Definitely could have done with some em/de-bossing.

Not sure if it has been discussed upthread but it has what I can only describe as a vertical ripple through the paint / artwork when viewed under direct light. Is this common with gloss finished SBs? I don't have a large collection, but I had a quick check of a few other glossy SBs in my collection and none of them had this effect.

20200805_131927.jpg

Reactions: MrSquifler
I'm still waiting too. Zavvi told me they can't/won't do anything about it until the 10th. I did get confirmation that they had about 300 copies in reserve for problems, so that's something at least.

I have asked for an exchange on mine twice and am still getting the standard responses. I have been offered a discount and a refund so far. Hopefully 3rd time lucky will be an exchange!

I'm still waiting too. Zavvi told me they can't/won't do anything about it until the 10th. I did get confirmation that they had about 300 copies in reserve for problems, so that's something at least.
Really? They wouldnt tell me when I asked if there would be any replacements.

Strange. I got ANH earlier this week, and I'm in the US.
Well, I contacted them and they've said it's likely lost in transit and offered either a replacement or refund. They didn't even say I need to wait till a certain date before it's classed as lost so it makes me wonder whether they actually sent it out or not. Who knows with Zavvi. Think this is the 2nd time I've not received one from them with the same result.

Well, I contacted them and they've said it's likely lost in transit and offered either a replacement or refund. They didn't even say I need to wait till a certain date before it's classed as lost so it makes me wonder whether they actually sent it out or not. Who knows with Zavvi. Think this is the 2nd time I've not received one from them with the same result.

Thanks so much for posting that! I would have pointlessly waited another 4 days like they told me to. Instead, did the live chat today and got a replacement sent out. Zavvi to their credit are really good at responding quickly, but the inconsistency with the responses is maddening.

Reactions: Porradude and Shark