Release date: 11th November 2015
Price: TBC
Purchase link: Here

image.jpg

image.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
News on releases leaks at different times for different countries. If this does turn out to be true, I'd imagine it will be a world wide release.

I see the reaction's of everybody here and you're already thinking it is christmas,
" Your eyes can deceive you don't thrust them"

Nobody seems to ask the following : if this would be true and Fox would really release episode IV,V and VI as individual steelbooks, in their original form or in the special edition, I don't care which version

WHY would Fox decide to release them in Holland? (I am from the netherlands) and I do not believe this.
Why not a worldwide release? Why would you release the most succesful movies of all times as separate steelbooks in one of the smallest countries in the world?

If release in Holland would be true , I think the best option then would be to release them
through Mediamarkt netherlands
Why not an US or Canada release?

And the comments that also were given, the hugh legal consequences concerning the rights between Fox and Disney.

Where does this rumour come from that they will be released, do you have a source from Lucasfilm /Fox or Disney?

If these do materialise, they will probably be released everywhere and announcements will follow in the coming weeks/months. It's just that the rumours are surfacing in The Netherlands first.

when disney release these and if they do release the un altered versions will they change the epic 20th century fox intro to a magical disney castle intro (just a thought) swings and roundabouts:movie:

I'd love it if these steels contain the original theatrical versions, alas, it'll not happen until the rights are relinquished from Fox - a boy can dream! Given the choice, I'd prefer original Struzan art than Olly Moss. Horses for courses, I guess.

:) but the real question is who will shoot first in this edition? Artwork looks marvelous. Hopefully it doean't say Star Wars though and actually says A New Hope...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It'd be very nice if they all included their second special features disc, at least then there's some use to double dipping for those that already own the trilogy steelbook, other than solely for more packaging of the same thing, a beauty though they are.

:) but the real question is who will shoot first in this edition? Artwork looks marvelous. Hopefully it doean't say Star Wars though and actually says A New Hope...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

EEK! How can you say that, the original names are a MUST! :p
I hope it just says Star Wars tbh because thats the films real name, before Lucas messed the films up with constant re-edits etc... ;)

Reactions: Sir Hilary Bray