image.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
Reliance MediaWorks has just restored the original trilogy in 4K :woot:

Star Wars.jpg

More info here

Hope it's the original 1977 version.:ohno:

Have the feeling this will be worldwide release akin to Robocop being released then the remastered 4K version coming out a few months late.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for the links mate! :thumbs:

Generally I prefer the original versions with minor touch ups, but I admit I did like the new space battle at the end of Ep4. The alterations to ep6 though I just can't forgive and would rather see the original version.

With Abrams stating he wants to move away from the digital messes that were those last 3 films, I could see them maybe releasing versions that have some but not all of Georges tinkering.

My biggest problems with the digital/sound tinkering are:
A New Hope
1. Digital Jabba
2. Digital rock in front of R2-D2

Empire Strikes Back
1. Boba Fett's voice being changed to Temuera Morrison's (Jango's)

Return of the Jedi
1. Singers/Dancers at Jabba's Palace
2. "NOOOOOO!!"

Reactions: psychoscot
With Abrams stating he wants to move away from the digital messes that were those last 3 films, I could see them maybe releasing versions that have some but not all of Georges tinkering.

That would be amazing.....but I'm sure Lucas's ego wouldn't allow that to happen. There's probably a clause where he has to approve any alterations to the original films.

It's quite reasonable to move release date closer to new Episode coming 2015. I hope new edition of OT will be original not changed version or at least will have normal color correction not like on DVD/ BD. By now best version for me of Episode IV is the fan made Adywan Revisited version of Episode IV