Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 23, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 13 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12663349-1074788295396560.jpg

12663349-3604788295670019.jpg
12663349-8194788295737567.jpg

Last edited:
There will be other ways to watch mulan LOL

TBH I only see Aladdin at the cinema out of all the new Disney live actions. I waited for the steels to watch them and I’ll continue to do that unless they do one I have to see at the cinema. Like Hercules maybe

Disney need to be ready for subscription backlash, I know a few people that will not be renewing their subscriptions, especially those that got the 1 year version.
They are all saying the same thing, new content sucks (seriously, hyping making of’ as new content, that’s bonus content idiots). They plan just to buy a single month subscription when any series (basically the Mandalorian) has finished its run and then binge watch.
Importantly these are people that could easily afford it and could even forget they had it yet they are still intending to cancel/already have.

I may be interested in the adult version of Disney + if it ever makes it here but again if it doesn’t have a lot of new content (as in shows) then nope, I’ll be passing in that too.

Disney need to be ready for subscription backlash, I know a few people that will not be renewing their subscriptions, especially those that got the 1 year version.
They are all saying the same thing, new content sucks (seriously, hyping making of’ as new content, that’s bonus content idiots). They plan just to buy a single month subscription when any series (basically the Mandalorian) has finished its run and then binge watch.
Importantly these are people that could easily afford it and could even forget they had it yet they are still intending to cancel/already have.

I may be interested in the adult version of Disney + if it ever makes it here but again if it doesn’t have a lot of new content (as in shows) then nope, I’ll be passing in that too.
Disney will be launching a new international streaming service next year called Star
Star is a international version of USA Hulu

The difference between the international version Star and USA Hulu
USA Hulu has licenced content from other film studios not just Disney
Star will only have disney owned content

The new streaming service will launch in 2021 and will consist of the following brands:

• ABC
  • FX
  • Freeform
  • Searchlight
  • 20th Century Studios
This will be mirroring the Disney+ strategy and using all of their own library content to launch a brand new platform, with similar technology

A lot of this will be age rated content not suatibale for Disney+ platform

It's this new streaming service that Disney will be using to stream Fox back catalouge films in 4K for the international market

Disney+ has over 60 million subscribers and getting new subscribers each month

A lot of the films on Disney+ includes the extras and even some extras not included on Blu-ray/4K UHD Discs

Disney will be launching a new international streaming service next year called Star
Star is a international version of USA Hulu

The difference between the international version Star and USA Hulu
USA Hulu has licenced content from other film studios not just Disney
Star will only have disney owned content

The new streaming service will launch in 2021 and will consist of the following brands:

• ABC
  • FX
  • Freeform
  • Searchlight
  • 20th Century Studios
This will be mirroring the Disney+ strategy and using all of their own library content to launch a brand new platform, with similar technology

A lot of this will be age rated content not suatibale for Disney+ platform

It's this new streaming service that Disney will be using to stream Fox films in 4K
So the only show related content will be from ABC and FX, well you won’t see much of that for a long time as we obviously don’t have ABC over here so all of their shows are tied up in various contracts across multiple platforms.
I don’t see this dropping next year and if it does it will have sod all on it worth watching.

So the only show related content will be from ABC and FX, well you won’t see much of that for a long time as we obviously don’t have ABC over here so all of their shows are tied up in various contracts across multiple platforms.
I don’t see this dropping next year and if it does it will have sod all on it worth watching.
20th Century Studios is new name for the Fox brand (formerly known as the Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, or 20th Century Fox)
A lot of this content will be on Disney Star streaming service
USA will be using Hulu streaming service for this content

A huge amount of the back catalouge of films from 20th Century Fox will be on the new streaming service been launched in 2021 a lot in 4K HDR where films have been restored in 4K
Most of these will be the age rated films 15/18 etc not suitable to be on Disney+

20th Century Studios is new name for the Fox brand (formerly known as the Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, or 20th Century Fox)
A lot of this content will be on Disney Star streaming service
USA will be using Hulu streaming service for this content

A huge amount of the back catalouge of films from 20th Century Fox will be on the new streaming service been launched in 2021 a lot in 4K HDR where films have been restored in 4K
Most of these will be the age rated films 15/18 etc not suitable to be on Disney+
You don’t need to explain anything as I already know and I’m not taking about the back catalog of movies which I either already have or are available on every other streaming service.

I’m taking about new content and specifically shows.

Anyway, this has totally sidetracked the main topic and we should be talking about how wonderful ROS is ;)

Interesting. Would love to see that version. Seems like Disney have seen the love and support for the justice league Snyder cut and had second thoughts.

maybe one day we will see the proper full length Age of Ultron too

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Wow, an endless procession of "special editions" of a Star Wars film? What a novel idea. How could that not be an improvement? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Interesting. Would love to see that version. Seems like Disney have seen the love and support for the justice league Snyder cut and had second thoughts.

maybe one day we will see the proper full length Age of Ultron too

And the Ayer cut of Suicide Squad hopefully. Possibly the viability of these cuts could depend on how well JL attracts HBO Max subscribers, but there's a clear appetite for them.

Reactions: Blazerfires

I guess the question is how many signed up for a 1 year sub. From day one i thought it was a one and done type of sub. Get it, watch stuff, cancel. When enough new content arrives Get it. In my case, i didn’t sign up until Hamilton. I watched that, Mandalorian, the mandalorian docs and the Star Wars doc. Oh and I watched Remember the Titans. I figure it might be worth another month in a year or 2.

That said, if you have young kids, it’s a great value.