Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 23, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 13 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12663349-1074788295396560.jpg

12663349-3604788295670019.jpg
12663349-8194788295737567.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, so if it were you guys...would you grab this in case Blufans doesn't ever release theirs?
Nope. The BF edition would only partly be about the steelbook; it's also about the slip. Even though it doesn't match anything, I like the original steel for this movie, and there will certainly be more options eventually, too. :) If you're ever not completely sold on a SW/Marvel/etc. steelbook, just be patient.

Alright, so if it were you guys...would you grab this in case Blufans doesn't ever release theirs?

Here's my question for everybody who says they'll wait for something better or different or from another retailer:

The question is: For how long?

When do you want to add something to your collection? Now? A year from now? 5 years from now?

A week before you die whether that's 5 years or 50 years from now?

If you like something now then why not buy it now? I would think that the point of a collection is to enjoy it now for as long as you can instead of skipping something you like for something that currently doesn't exist and maybe never will.

Here's my question for everybody who says they'll wait for something better or different or from another retailer:

The question is: For how long?

When do you want to add something to your collection? Now? A year from now? 5 years from now?

A week before you die whether that's 5 years or 50 years from now?

If you like something now then why not buy it now? I would think that the point of a collection is to enjoy it now for as long as you can instead of skipping something you like for something that currently doesn't exist and maybe never will.
Of course if you like it, get it. But I read the original question as more like: I'm not 100% thrilled with this, but maybe I should get it because there won't ever be anything else. Also, I think a lot of collectors would say that there's an enjoyment in being patient and waiting to see what comes next—that's probably better than buying something you're not excited about just because you need to have something in your collection as soon as possible.

We're not taking any of this with us when our time's up anyway, no matter how much longer we have, so might as well enjoy as you like and not worry. :)

Reactions: Stygian
Of course if you like it, get it. But I read the original question as more like: I'm not 100% thrilled with this, but maybe I should get it because there won't ever be anything else. Also, I think a lot of collectors would say that there's an enjoyment in being patient and waiting to see what comes next—that's probably better than buying something you're not excited about just because you need to have something in your collection as soon as possible.

We're not taking any of this with us when our time's up anyway, no matter how much longer we have, so might as well enjoy as you like and not worry. :)

I'm not saying buy something that you don't like or something that you won't be happy with. I would hope that if he was considering buying this it's because he likes it.