Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Star Wars: Episode IX

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, War

Director: J.J. Abrams

Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Mark Hamill, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, Domhnall Gleeson, Naomi Ackie, Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, Dominic Monaghan, Matt Smith, Lupita Nyong'o, Dave Chapman, Brian Herring, Anthony Daniels, Jimmy Vee, Billie Lourd, Greg Grunberg

Release: 2019-12-18

Plot: The next installment in the franchise and the conclusion of the “Star Wars“ sequel trilogy as well as the “Skywalker Saga“.

rise-of-skywalker-rey-kylo-poster.jpg

That Palp bit at the beginning gave me huge chills... although they're really verging on spoiler territory now, so time to avoid all future clips!

Reactions: lights
My inside guy at Zavvi told me they will be doing a collectors edition steelbook for this, going by the price it will be the like the Frozen 2 and Maleficent ones.

Rotten on 55% from 125 reviews. I never thought I'd see a Star Wars film be rotten.

Jeremy Jahns gave it a really bad review, 9/10 I usually agree with his views.

Still going to see it some time this week but my expectations are now very low.

Rotten on 55% from 125 reviews. I never thought I'd see a Star Wars film be rotten.

Jeremy Jahns gave it a really bad review, 9/10 I usually agree with his views.

Still going to see it some time this week but my expectations are now very low.
Damn… :(
Image2.jpg

Reactions: vexred
People were trolling/hating on this before it was even released... guess they're still salty about The Last Jedi. I'm certainly going to go see it and judge for myself anyway.

All the hardcore Star Wars fans I know and trust have all said they loved it, so I'm not worried. :D

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Back from my 1st viewing.

is it the best SW? Nope
is it the worst? Nope
Is it made up to correct TLJ freaking mess? Hell yeah!

Is the story crap? Yup
Is the secondary characters useless? Pretty much
Is all ORIGINAL Trilogy characters « used » properly. Kinda... was pretty satisfying globally.
Did that Chewie moment with that « thing »
made me go crazy? DAMN! Finally!!!

Is that big character’s comeback BS? Yeah. Maybe if it would have been more explained it could have been better...
BUT, I can say I predicted this after TFA as I wonder how come Rey was soooo strong

Finally, did the last scene made me cry like a baby? Hell to the Yeah!

Going back with Jr Tuesday

Last edited:
I saw this tonight as well and I totally get the criticisms of it... I have a couple my self.
BUT. I also REALLY enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun!

They did a ton of course correcting from TLJ, which is too bad they had to do that because it really hurts the start of the movie.
But once it gets going I was having a blast. FINALLY getting to see Rey, Finn, and Poe on an adventure TOGETHER for the first time really worked and made me sad it took this long to get it.
They should have been doing this all along.

JJ had a really hard job here and I think for the most part he pulls it off. The movie isn't perfect and that's ok. It was good enough for me.

My Personal Star Wars Movies Ranking:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Force Awakens
4. New Hope
5. Rise of Skywalker
6. The Last Jedi
7. Solo
8. Rogue One
9. Revenge of the Sith
10. The Phantom Menace
11. Attack of the Clones

Watched and for me certainly enjoyed more than TLJ.
The film does have flaws, though I actually did like the storyline to this
- I liked the plot twist to Rey’s identity, a nice repair to how that was handled in TLJ.
Though how they brought back Palpatine from the dead was pretty weak
- I felt they tried to include too much and ended up with more pointless additional characters and subplots that didn’t seem necessary.
Given the amount of damage repair they had to do from TLJ that was somewhat unavoidable.
- force heal ?? that came out of nowhere :bored: Though we did see some of that from baby yoda in The Mandalorian but I always assumed this maybe more of yoda specific race-trait.
- loved the appearance of the full Sith Rey with the double blade lightsaber :happy:

I had previously watched all the Star Wars movies in the run up to Rise of Skywalker. Overall after all the mess of the Lucas prequels and new trilogy sequels, for me Star Wars will only be Rogue One and the original trilogy.

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187