Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And nobody cared. No calls to Zavvi to tell on people buying multiples. Stress free. This is what Zavvi was going for, less drama.

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
83 reviews. 63 negatives. 2 out of 5 rating.

View attachment 472203

Of course there's always one brown nosing tool!!

View attachment 472202

Erm...

The artwork choice is Disney
Zavvi don't do any artwork design on any steelbooks
Zavvi just sell what's offered to them by the film studio distributors with some been exclusive and some are trade wide.

Zavvi has sometimes given suggestions of existing artwork on some releases they asked film studio if they could do as a steelbook but they dont do any artwork design.

All decisions on releases artwork is done by the film studio/distributor
The film studio do the artwork design.

This is a Disney release that been offered as a exclusive to Zavvi in the UK
Disney would have made the decision to do the 4K steelbooks releases and a later date will do 4K Amaray UK releases.

You don't go by the alter ego Waffle do you @paulboland? :p

Oh come on. How can you keep finding excuses to defend this crap?

Are you Waffle?
Not saying anything about the steelbook itself. Just questioning whether the point of reviews is to comment on the JPEG preview of an item, or the actual item. And of course not defending Zavvi's selectively deleting some reviews and keeping others, which makes the company look awful.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I've always liked this artwork as I'm sure I used to have a version if this teaser poster on my wall when I was a kid, but yeah it's not exactly consistent with the other films' steelbooks. Strange that the didn't go for the iconic Empire poster.

Does anyone know what extras from these releases are new, compared to the previous bluray boxset of eps 1 - 6?

Not saying anything about the steelbook itself. Just questioning whether the point of reviews is to comment on the JPEG preview of an item, or the actual item. And of course not defending Zavvi's selectively deleting some reviews and keeping others, which makes the company look awful.
It’s more the fact the steelbook has let SO many people down by going with the fabulous artwork for A New Hope followed by such a poor choice of artwork (for many) for The Empire Strikes Back.

Regardless or not of the finish of the steelbook, I think it’s quite safe to assume we were all expecting matching artworks for the trilogy. Hence it getting bad reviews all round. Unless the artwork changes (unlikely), we know, for the main part, what to expect. And most people aren’t happy with it.

It could be full gloss for all I care - it’s a massive clanger dropped by whoever approved this artwork.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
And 0% of the reviews are from people who have received the item. :)
But ironically, the vast majority of the negative reviews are from 'VERIFIED PURCHASE', So I find that quite funny. I'm also a bit disappointed with the artwork, would of preferred a matching trilogy, but Disney ain't going to be changing anything, so everyone, get used to it. And if Zavvi say a summer release, i'd expect these are already made or in production.

Can't wait to order Jedi and then be done with this range. Not touching the prequels if they do them..

I've always liked this artwork as I'm sure I used to have a version if this teaser poster on my wall when I was a kid, but yeah it's not exactly consistent with the other films' steelbooks. Strange that the didn't go for the iconic Empire poster.

Does anyone know what extras from these releases are new, compared to the previous bluray boxset of eps 1 - 6?
Would love to know who is responsible for signing off the artwork on a lot of steelbooks. Surely the departments in charge are aware of the steelbook collecting community - can only assume that these people aren’t collectors themselves.