Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never actually thought about this before, but it makes sense I guess. Probably also explains why so many arrive with scratches under the wrap if they're shipped from Scanavo unprotected.

And then the distributor handles them when putting discs in and scratching them and dropping them before or after shrink-wrapping them and says "let the retailer deal with it." Then Zavvi gets them and drops them some more and says "let the customer decide if they have a problem with it"

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
I expected this. I mentioned this waaaay back when they announced that they would be replacing them that they would probably be handled by Scanavo and placed in boxes unsealed and then shipped to Zavvi who would then take them out of the boxes, handle them again and then place them in their white boxes, still unsealed.

Fun.
You missed the bit where they would slash the spines before taking them out and placing them in their white boxes.... :whistle: EEK! :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
Because from their perspective it would save them money and hassle of re-printing and more postage, and from my perspective, because I don't want a 'faultless' steelbook, because let's be honest, no one can call that abominable art, faultless, scrathes or not.
It would be opening a can of worms, and giving each and every customer the chance to have a new steel or a 20% discount would be more hassle than what it’s worth.

if the artwork is THAT atrocious, I’m not sure why you’d even want to keep it in your collection, even if you’re covering it up with a magnet.

More hassle then receiving another few thousand steels that all have to be packaged and sent out again? I don't think so.

The artwork is the problem, and the magnet is the solution. So why wouldn't I want it in the collection? The problem is fixed with a £5 magnet.

So if this is going back on sale with the rest of the collection at some point this week, how are they gonna send it out?

Throw in the replacement steel alongside the original copy??

More hassle then receiving another few thousand steels that all have to be packaged and sent out again? I don't think so.

The artwork is the problem, and the magnet is the solution. So why wouldn't I want it in the collection? The problem is fixed with a £5 magnet.
that is easier than manually going thru 2000+ emails to see who wants a discount and who wants a new steel that have already been provided to Zavvi "free" of cost

No replacement yet for me, did anyone get a shipping notification?
No one got a shipping noticfication

Zavvi did thjough send general order update email on Tue Nov 17th to all customers who ordered the steelbook
We now have stock available and will be aiming to dispatch the replacement steelbook case over the next few days.

Any UK ninja who has a 1st gen copy that's only minimally scratched and wouldn't mind letting go can please send me a message.

Any UK ninja who has a 1st gen copy that's only minimally scratched and wouldn't mind letting go can please send me a message.
You're welcome to have mine once my replacement comes in, so long as you're ok to pay shipping. Shoot me a PM if you're still interested mate.