Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have gotten an email from them regarding their replacement program.

I thought everyone who placed an order got an email.......?

I got mine. (email, not replacement yet)
I have not. Only a reply to my initial replacement request saying they will investigate it. I certainly hope myself and everyone will get a replacement, rather than Zavvi cutting corners and only producing what they need for only those who complained.

I have not. Only a reply to my initial replacement request saying they will investigate it. I certainly hope myself and everyone will get a replacement, rather than Zavvi cutting corners and only producing what they need for only those who complained.
If you keep all emails do a search using just Zavvi order update with your email provider software you use
Check both inbox and spam/junk folders
Email was sent on August 27th

Reactions: Lester
This is what they said.

Thank you for your order of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

As you may or may not be aware there have been some reports of identical scuff marks across the front of the steelbook itself, underneath the shrink wrap.

As this damage clearly happened before the stock reached us we have had to wait for the relevant parties to investigate and agree on the best way to resolve this for all customers.

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

As these will need to be manufactured we expect the replacements to be delivered to us and despatched to you during October.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you
August 27th yes

• Thanks
Reactions: Lester
If you keep all emails do a search using just Zavvi order update with your email provider software you use
Check both inbox and spam/junk folders
Email was sent on August 27th

I've done a search and nothing. I use a browser to view my emails and will take forever to manually go back to August to double-check. I do tend to read all emails and I certainly don't remember getting an update. I guess I'll just have to wait and see and if I don't get one I'll complain.
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Not had any messages since the one saying mid Oct. No idea if they’ve been made or dispatched.
Yes, they stated the replacement copies were going to be shipped out in October but it’s not Zavvi who are producing these - if the reprints haven't been made yet or shipped to Zavvi then clearly they won’t be able to send them out to the customers.
For all we know, they could of been given wrong information by the guys who made the steelbooks that the replacements would be sent to them in October and for whatever reason that hasn’t happened yet.

Response from Zavvi to my enquiry of the 25th October received today:-

Your original message was:

I was advised some weeks ago that replacement copies of this steelbook were going to be manufactured and sent out to customers from the middle to the end of this month - to the customers that received scratched copies back in August when it was released.
As it's coming to the end of the month I'd appreciate an update.
Thank you

Your new message from our Customer Care Team:

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are currently awaiting a date for when this will be sent out by our supplier. There does seem to be a delay due to current circumstances. As soon as we have a definite date we will contact you via email.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Rob

Zavvi Team

Response from Zavvi to my enquiry of the 25th October received today:-

Your original message was:

I was advised some weeks ago that replacement copies of this steelbook were going to be manufactured and sent out to customers from the middle to the end of this month - to the customers that received scratched copies back in August when it was released.
As it's coming to the end of the month I'd appreciate an update.
Thank you

Your new message from our Customer Care Team:

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are currently awaiting a date for when this will be sent out by our supplier. There does seem to be a delay due to current circumstances. As soon as we have a definite date we will contact you via email.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Rob

Zavvi Team
Nice of them to keep us all updated then - NOT!

Good comms is just SO important, even more so when having to convey bad news, rather than keeping people wondering.

If they can get these made then they should make more of all copies they take out as it seems many are not receiving orders.
my ep1 never arrived so got refund as they could not say when they have them.
my ep2 never arrived and I believe they have sent a replacement more likely a return from someone it’s also tracked this time.
ep3 sitting at 20 days so still a chance it might come.

but wow this sure is a **** show from zavvi and funny how it’s Star Wars that are going walkabout.
zavvi sent all your stuff tracked.

Reactions: Leafs17
It’s because they print the contents on the box. Somewhere in the delivery chain, someone thinks mmm Star Wars 4k? Don’t mind if I do... and it vanishes. If they were tracked, it wouldn’t be worth the risk. Or just print downtown Abby on every box lol

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Nice of them to keep us all updated then - NOT!

Good comms is just SO important, even more so when having to convey bad news, rather than keeping people wondering.
I don't know what exactly you expect from Zavvi as they've nothing to add to what they wrote back in August ... looks like they're as much in the dark as I am and also waiting for an update on developments which will come when it comes.

I don't know what exactly you expect from Zavvi as they've nothing to add to what they wrote back in August ... looks like they're as much in the dark as I am and also waiting for an update on developments which will come when it comes.
Basically, to send the response they sent you to everyone else they sent the original email to in August, acknowledging that the replacements aren't going to be sent in October as originally expected and that they are currently awaiting an update from the supplier.

That's all. Then everyone that ordered knows what's happening, rather than reading it on here, or sending separate message to Zavvi themselves (as, er, you did). :whistle:

As daft as it may sound, even communicating that there is nothing really to communicate at this stage is better than not communicating at all, IMO. At least then everyone knows the position and isn't left wondering. It would also save Zavvi from having to respond separately to individual enquiries from people asking what is happening, given that they last told us we would get replacements in October but that time has now nearly passed. :)

Basically, to send the response they sent you to everyone else they sent the original email to in August, acknowledging that the replacements aren't going to be sent in October as originally expected and that they are currently awaiting an update from the supplier.

That's all. Then everyone that ordered knows what's happening, rather than reading it on here, or sending separate message to Zavvi themselves (as, er, you did). :whistle:

As daft as it may sound, even communicating that there is nothing really to communicate at this stage is better than not communicating at all, IMO. At least then everyone knows the position and isn't left wondering. It would also save Zavvi from having to respond separately to individual enquiries from people asking what is happening, given that they last told us we would get replacements in October but that time has now nearly passed. :)
I see where you're coming from and I suppose they could have posted something on social media along the lines of what they wrote to me but, and I may be in the minority, I personally consider it pointless to put out messages to everyone that there's no confirmed date from the manufacturer/distributor as to when the replacements will be sent out.

I see where you're coming from and I suppose they could have posted something on social media along the lines of what they wrote to me but, and I may be in the minority, I personally consider it pointless to put out messages to everyone that there's no confirmed date from the manufacturer/distributor as to when the replacements will be sent out.
My main point being that we're due an update as they last said they would be sent out in October which clearly they're not going to be. If they then say that they just don't know the revised date yet, but will let us know as soon as they have, then that's fine.

I would agree that from then on there's little point in them constantly saying they don't have a date yet. It's all about finding the right balance.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Just received an email from Zavvi in last couple of mins:

We previously reached out to you to advise we will be sending a replacement case for the steelbook as we were aware some cases arrived damaged.

We now have stock available and will be aiming to dispatch the replacement steelbook case over the next few days.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

zavvi Customer Service Team​

Reactions: Punker76
Gotta love the bad translation Zavvi sent me in German.

"Hallo ****,

Wir kontaktieren Sie heute bezüglich Ihre Bestellung ****.

Wir haben Sie bereits früher kontaktiert, um Ihnen mitzuteilen, dass wir einen Ersatzkoffer für des Steelbooks schicken wurden, da wir erfuhren, dass einige Koffer beschädigt angekommen sind.

Wir haben jetzt Lagerbestände erhalten und werden den Ersatz in den nächsten Tagen versenden.

Sollten Sie zusätzliche Hilfe benötigen, nehmen Sie bitte Kontakt mit uns auf und wir werden Ihnen gerne helfen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Zavvi international Kundenservice"

lol..

• Haha
Reactions: Masta Norris