Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody that purchased this SteelBook will receive a replacement case without requesting one.

Just imagine the uproar if people had to request a replacement instead. People would have said it should be shipped automatically.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Don't be so sycophantic. Where was the communication about this? They're cocking up massively with the orders at the moment and then automatically sending replacements to everyone for a steelbook that i didn't have a problem with in the first place. The communication, organisation and CS has been diabolical recently. No excuse.

Don't be so sycophantic. Where was the communication about this? They're cocking up massively with the orders at the moment and then automatically sending replacements to everyone for a steelbook that i didn't have a problem with in the first place. The communication, organisation and CS has been diabolical recently. No excuse.

And there's no excuse for missing the communication. They sent out the emails to everybody who purchased this steelbook and has been reported several times in this thread alone.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Here is the email received on the 17th of November. They sent it to everyone so everyone should be informed unless you dont read your email. I know facts are so hard for some to believe lol

Hello,

We’re getting in touch regarding order XXXXXXXXX.

We previously reached out to you to advise we will be sending a replacement case for the steelbook as we were aware some cases arrived damaged.

We now have stock available and will be aiming to dispatch the replacement steelbook case over the next few days.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Zavvi international Customer Service Team

No there wasn't. I can assure you.
The 2 emails from Zavvi the message header is just simply order update

If you keep all previous emails as in you don't delete any emails
Search your inbox or Spam/Junk folders with just Zavvi Order Update

First email was sent on August 27th
Thank you for your order of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

As you may or may not be aware there have been some reports of identical scuff marks across the front of the steelbook itself, underneath the shrink wrap.

As this damage clearly happened before the stock reached us we have had to wait for the relevant parties to investigate and agree on the best way to resolve this for all customers.

The decision has been made to send out replacement steelbook cases to every customer and replace all units bought. This is to replace any potentially damaged cases only as the discs are not faulty.

As these will need to be manufactured we expect the replacements to be delivered to us and despatched to you during October.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

zavvi Customer Service Team​

Second email was sent on November 17th
We previously reached out to you to advise we will be sending a replacement case for the steelbook as we were aware some cases arrived damaged.

We now have stock available and will be aiming to dispatch the replacement steelbook case over the next few days.

Kind regards,

zavvi Customer Service Team

Sometimes email providers can flag email as spam/junk so it will have gone into your inbox or spam/junk folders
Spam/Junk is often deleted automatically by email providers after 14 or 30 days

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
I received a lovely unwrapped dented replacement copy today and I don't even care at this point. I'm so over this set and I still have to deal with my TFA and Solo copies that seem to have disappeared into oblivion along with most everyone else's steelbooks. I'm too lazy to go back and check the discussion about this but I also notice Vader's helmet on my replacement helmet has a blue hue whereas the original has a purple hue. Based on the original poster I'm guessing this is the correct coloring but I still like the purple hue better.

I'll just stick with my original copy. It has roller marks but nothing I can't live with since I put a magnet over it anyway. I guess I'll sell the replacement and hopefully at least get a few bucks back for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shark
Got mine yesterday, pretty much perfect apart from 2 small dents on the edge on the rear. Front is perfect. May just swap the back with my other copy.

I swear my replacement is worse than my original copy, has hairline scratches all over it. And I swear it has the same fault like a thick line running along the middle? It's faint but it's definitely there. I sold my original so I don't even care anymore, but just shocking.

My girlfriend also ordered some shirts from there about 3 weeks ago that have yet to appear. Keeps getting fobbed off in replies with 0 info on the whereabouts. Someone needs to go undercover at Zavvi and film a documentary on the working conditions.

Scratches on the back of the new case, why did they waste money replacing these only to put them in a mailer without any wrap?

Attachments

• D2E2961B-E0EE-4012-9EE1-4F39A763500F.jpeg
    D2E2961B-E0EE-4012-9EE1-4F39A763500F.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 159
i got one replacement the other day and its scratched to **** on the front, way worse and much more obviously than the original copies i received. seems to me that the 'under' the finish scratches weren't so bad.

I got mine today and it looks fine. I thought there was a scratch on the back, but I wiped with a cloth and it came off...so good to go...wish they'd put disks in and sealed it. I'd have gladly sent my Empire back for that. Such is life with Zavvi.

Hello, NINJAs.

I am hosting a GB for a custom fullslip for this steelbook.
You all are invited to take a look.

Reactions: Noodles
Is anyone else still waiting on their replacement? I'm in the East Coast of the US, still haven't received my copy even though I got the email. I contacted Zavvi and they said they no longer have stock but can offer me a refund instead.