luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: November 9th, 015
Purchase link:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like them all but this,darth maul and vader are my favourite but yeah would of prefered the original poster art. Still not sure because it comes to just over £100 for all 6 or hopefully with discount codes just over £90 but that's still a big hit!

Even on the Zavvi site they are not showing the artwork.

Just a silhouette of a steelbook with a big question mark.

I would have purchased if poster artwork but not this collection.

A really poor effort to cash in before the re re re re release to match to episode VII extra special editions next year.

They seem to be releasing some steelbooks with average artwork with the intent of re releasing better quality artwork at a later date so that we will double dip to get the version that we should have been offered in the first place

I love the artwork on all of these... so glad that they used the original poster art (or at least some form of it) for the back art, although obviously it would've been better on the front, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers! Sounds like they're getting a nice finish too, so I'm happy overall. :)

I really, really, REALLY hope the 7th, 8th and 9th film will continue this art design

They seem to be world wide releases and usually when that happens the studios find it cheaper to make a Steelbook for everyone. So I'm hoping in the end they'll pick a design WW which follows on from these

Sometimes art designs f*** up when you have Zavvi exclusives and then a new film release which is sold on Zavvi but it's actually a WW release meaning the art is different from Zavvis past releases. I'm hoping it won't be the same here.

I really, really, REALLY hope the 7th, 8th and 9th film will continue this art design

They seem to be world wide releases and usually when that happens the studios find it cheaper to make a Steelbook for everyone. So I'm hoping in the end they'll pick a design WW which follows on from these

Sometimes art designs f*** up when you have Zavvi exclusives and then a new film release which is sold on Zavvi but it's actually a WW release meaning the art is different from Zavvis past releases. I'm hoping it won't be the same here.

Definitely a challenge for "completists" of sets.

Star Wars
7/8/9
Will be Disney Releases

1-6 are Fox Releases

Fox hold the distribution rights DVD/Blu-ray rights of 1-6 till may 2020
Fox own all rights of Star Wars a new hope the first film and Disney won't ever have rights to this film

After 2020 Disney will have the distribution rights of films but not the First Film from 1977

Steelbooks for 7/8/9 and any other future films will be Disney knowing Disney it may be a case of not having similar designs with artwork

Future box sets that include new and old will have to be joint ventures between Fox/Disney when they include the new Disney Films and Previous Fox films
After 2020 for Disney to include Star Wars a new hope in a box set it would still need fox permission

Last edited: