Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Release date: March 31st, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: $44.99 CDN

1.jpg

SW_TROS_BB.jpg

Did not see a post started yet for this steelbook so thought I would share for those waiting on the listing to show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not showing in stock online yet but it's currently showing that it can be reserved for pick-up at the Bay and Dundas location in Toronto. Odd. Unless that's another glitch.

So, I did a dumb thing and canceled mine during a bout of COVID-induced panic. Anyone in the GTA have an extra copy? Happy to accept less than mint condition ones.

Back in stock online right now. Order extras to ensure you get a good copy. Plenty of Disney dents. This is a bad run.

Reactions: M.vrsvs
Reserved two copies online and picked them up at Bay & Dundas. Got there around noon and hand pick the best ones from several copies. Cashier had no idea what steelbooks are. He was tossing them to me as if they were regular Blu-ray cases. I had to explain to him about dents and steelbooks.

• Wow
Reactions: nacthenud
Out of my two both had Disney bl dent and one had a faint spine slash. Both had the mark on the back wrap. Gonna call tomorrow for a discount cause I can’t be bothered to exchange (need to return open copy to use my gift card on that item that was used for Jumanji on same order) especially that I have to wait 2 weeks to leave the house.

Out of my two both had Disney bl dent and one had a faint spine slash. Both had the mark on the back wrap. Gonna call tomorrow for a discount cause I can’t be bothered to exchange (need to return open copy to use my gift card on that item that was used for Jumanji on same order) especially that I have to wait 2 weeks to leave the house.

Yep. I had a spine slash on one copy. Many Disney dents. The steelbooks that had the Disney dents had them in the usual spot but each steelbook also had the small shrink-wrap tears and marks in 2 additional spots on the back at the bottom.

I didn't find a copy that I'm 100% satisfied with so I ordered another Death Star sized container of steelbooks that will be arriving tomorrow.

Yep. I had a spine slash on one copy. Many Disney dents. The steelbooks that had the Disney dents had them in the usual spot but each steelbook also had the small shrink-wrap tears and marks in 2 additional spots on the back at the bottom.

I didn't find a copy that I'm 100% satisfied with so I ordered another Death Star sized container of steelbooks that will be arriving tomorrow.

No Disney dent once again, though I do have a very, very faint spine slash that I can only see if the steelbook is tilted a certain way. Not going to bother checking the other ones since there are no other flaws on the one I opened.

Cheers!

Reactions: Stygian
Glad it’s only April and only got 2 steelbooks this year. I’m starting to get out of the Steelbook game cause of all the hassles of bestbuy.

I've scaled back immensely from when I first started. Quality has gone down, price has gone up and trying to even get a copy of anything these days is a crap shoot.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Same here. Reduced a LOT my steel purchases.

Steelbooks: 400
Others metal: 20
Digibook: 10
Collector's: 35

2012: 6000$
2013: 5200$
2014: 3000$
2015: 3000$
2016: 800$ (bought a new house)
2017: 1000$
2018: 1500$
2019: 1400$
2020: 200$

a) Already have 95-99% of what I need.
b) $CDN is the s****
c) No double dipping anymore as I'm running out of space.
d) Almost only buying local as no way I'll pay 100$ for a movie anymore. But still, paying 52$ per movie is a non-sense to me...
e) and worst of all, it breaks my heart, but it's easy to see the movie business going digital… Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, HBO+, Hulu, AppleTV+, etc... how not to foresee the future...

The Rise Of Skywalker was the last Best Buy steelbook I was looking forward to since last year.
Now that I have it, the collection is complete.

I even returned Spider-Man Far From Home because I wasn't happy with it. I don't need any more Marvel steelbooks now that Phase 3 is over and no more steelbooks from Best Buy. This manufacturing defect (Disney dent) will probably go on forever for buyers in Ontario.

I admit I do still have an order in with Best Buy for The Incredible Hulk but at $19.99 and being from Universal and not Disney, it may turn out OK.

So after 45 mins on the phone they game me a “one time exception” (lol heard that before) of 15% discount on the damage item if I keep it. They couldn’t do it to a new order. I have to wait till I return them and call back for the discount since I have 2 and we all know how competent they are in giving the correct credit on items that have returned items.

• Haha
So after 45 mins on the phone they game me a “one time exception” (lol heard that before) of 15% discount on the damage item if I keep it. They couldn’t do it to a new order. I have to wait till I return them and call back for the discount since I have 2 and we all know how competent they are in giving the correct credit on items that have returned items.

I said it before and I'll say it again, that's just Best Buy at their BEST! :LOL:

Cheers!

The Rise Of Skywalker was the last Best Buy steelbook I was looking forward to since last year.
Now that I have it, the collection is complete.

I even returned Spider-Man Far From Home because I wasn't happy with it. I don't need any more Marvel steelbooks now that Phase 3 is over and no more steelbooks from Best Buy. This manufacturing defect (Disney dent) will probably go on forever for buyers in Ontario.

I admit I do still have an order in with Best Buy for The Incredible Hulk but at $19.99 and being from Universal and not Disney, it may turn out OK.

There are still two that I want, but of course, no listings or simply not available for Best Buy Canada:

Birds of Prey

Bestbuys description of steelbooks I just saw today :rofl: Added something that should be in the description too.

Things to consider when buying a SteelBook
Choosing a SteelBook movie, SteelBook game, or SteelBook TV edition ensures that you’ll own your media for life. Unlike some digital files that may disappear or degrade over time, your SteelBook-protected disc is always yours, ensuring you can watch it any time in the years to come—even when it’s removed from other online media sources.

Another reason a SteelBook movie is prized over typical disc packaging is because it’s enduring. While plastic can feel less than luxurious, the SteelBook metal box, and specialized process for engraving the artwork onto the metal cover means it will outlast plastic and flimsy paper packaging.

Keep your prized movie, games, and TV series safe for years to come by choosing a collectible SteelBook edition.

They also come with the Famous Limited Edition Best Buy Canada Ontario Warehouse “Disney Dent” with mystery features Spine Slashes, bent, scratches. You get free shipping but we choose weather you get a bubble mailer or giant box. If purchased in store they will all be damaged stock or online after receiving damage stock.