STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
That would be cool if they gave you an option to use a smaller base, but you have to admit the Batman base is pretty sweet.

I forgot all about the Star Wars magazine, I had a subscription to that in high school! I also collected the Hasbro stuff, had an entire wall covered in carded figures.

Who made the Seinfeld Superman statue? That had to have came out pre-Internet.

The lights on that are amazing, congrats! Do you like him?

I didn't know you had any MR stuff, don't think I've seen pictures of those. I would love the Luke ROTJ hilt. Who made the ships on top of your Bestas?

Sadly, I opened all my 3 3/4 and 12" figures, LOL!

Yeah, I love it! I slept in my room last night so I could wake up to it this morning. :D

I don't have any MR, GG, or Attakus stuff anymore. I gave it all up once I started collecting the PF's. The ships are by Code3, and are the only thing left outside of SS from my old collection. I'll see if I can dig up an old pic.

Savage will still look great next to the chicken leg Maul regardless. And like you said how often do you really turn the sabers on. I thought I'd turn mine on a lot more than I actually do. I swear I turn mine on for like 5 mins a month Lol.

Cinemaquette is really out of their minds on prices. Their Vader looked good but again, not that good for the price. And their Indy looked pretty awful for 2 grand.

I have to admit both of their Batman PFs bases are amazing. But Keatons is so huge and deep I'd need a Stuva to fit it instead of a Besta. I'll be keeping mine on top of my dresser for awhile until they announce more Burton Batman movie PFs.

The Seinfeld Superman I think is actually a Randy Bowen statue. I always liked that one.

Yeah, I let the lights run for a couple days, and then that is it! Unless I'm using it as a companion for a new statue to compare, I don't turn the lights on. Even with guests over.

Ha! I didn't know they made an Indy! Ok, just looked it up. YEESH!

Reactions: SithLord84
Sadly, I opened all my 3 3/4 and 12" figures, LOL!

Yeah, I love it! I slept in my room last night so I could wake up to it this morning. :D

I don't have any MR, GG, or Attakus stuff anymore. I gave it all up once I started collecting the PF's. The ships are by Code3, and are the only thing left outside of SS from my old collection. I'll see if I can dig up an old pic.

Yeah, I let the lights run for a couple days, and then that is it! Unless I'm using it as a companion for a new statue to compare, I don't turn the lights on. Even with guests over.

Ha! I didn't know they made an Indy! Ok, just looked it up. YEESH!

I opened all of my 3/34" and 12" figs too LOL. Except I do still have a Jango and Dooku from the AOTC line that are still sealed laying around somewhere. I thought I had an Ep. II Anakin sealed as well but I remember I couldn't find it the last time I was looking for it. Maybe I opened it and its with the rest of the toys.

I love waking up and getting to see a new statue right away :D

Yeah, that Indy Cinemaquette just does not look good LOL. I think Sideshow's Indy PFs have all looked better than that thing. I'd like to get myself the Raiders one someday.

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
I opened all of my 3/34" and 12" figs too LOL. Except I do still have a Jango and Dooku from the AOTC line that are still sealed laying around somewhere. I thought I had an Ep. II Anakin sealed as well but I remember I couldn't find it the last time I was looking for it. Maybe I opened it and its with the rest of the toys.

I love waking up and getting to see a new statue right away :D

Yeah, that Indy Cinemaquette just does not look good LOL. I think Sideshow's Indy PFs have all looked better than that thing. I'd like to get myself the Raiders one someday.

Yeah, I like posing them too much to keep them in their boxes. I finally sold the last of it last year at our community garage sale.

It's nice, right? ;)

The Terminator stuff seems to be the best that came out of Cinemaquette; although, their Underworld stuff looks damn impressive! The Marcus 1:3 statue for example:

cinemaquette_marcus_1.jpg

I also like what I'm seeing from Chronicle Collectibles and their new Terminator stuff!

Yeah, I like posing them too much to keep them in their boxes. I finally sold the last of it last year at our community garage sale.

It's nice, right? ;)

The Terminator stuff seems to be the best that came out of Cinemaquette; although, their Underworld stuff looks damn impressive! The Marcus 1:3 statue for example:

cinemaquette_marcus_1.jpg

I also like what I'm seeing from Chronicle Collectibles and their new Terminator stuff!

Oh that Marcus Underworld statue looks awesome! I'm going to have to watch those movies again. I really loved the first and second one.

Chronicle Collectibles does have some pretty cool stuff. I wasn't familiar with them at all. The Terminator skull looks badass. Speaking of Terminator stuff I also have to get myself an Arnie PF sooner or later. Back before superhero movies he was definitely my favorite action hero. I'd really like the original T2 PF they did or the one from T1. I also liked the Dutch PF SS did.

Oh that Marcus Underworld statue looks awesome! I'm going to have to watch those movies again. I really loved the first and second one.

Chronicle Collectibles does have some pretty cool stuff. I wasn't familiar with them at all. The Terminator skull looks badass. Speaking of Terminator stuff I also have to get myself an Arnie PF sooner or later. Back before superhero movies he was definitely my favorite action hero. I'd really like the original T2 PF they did or the one from T1. I also liked the Dutch PF SS did.

The Dutch PF is awesome! And, yeah, I like the Terminator PF better than Cinemaquettes. Just more natural IMO.

My daughter and I do Underworld marathons occasionally. I like all the movies, but she just loves'em! I thought I read they were making another, but either way, the collectibles from Cinemaquette look amazing, and I kinda like the 1/4 Selene HCG did too.

Here's some good news for everyone going to Celebration:

http://collider.com/star-wars-7-the-force-awakens-teaser-poster/

Hilarious! Only us SW nerds can get so excited over a frikkin' teaser poster, LOL!

Also, finally snapped a few pics of the Savage Opress Premium Format statue. Weird lighting today though:

16438527704_9450e6c114_c.jpg

17034976476_f065940f7a_c.jpg

16873162798_dccbe76756_c.jpg

16440810153_0d49c1f27e_c.jpg

17059493932_7f5d69690d_c.jpg

17034974496_4a5b7b5d17_c.jpg

16874733489_940b5f7f90_c.jpg

16873160128_7c6ebbc274_c.jpg

17034972856_933a2b64aa_c.jpg

16853550177_90309b0076_c.jpg

Overall, an awesome piece! I really love the pose and the face chosen for this. Couple, minor, paint flaws with the portrait as you can see from the closeup pics. Nothing noticable though when viewing normally. Tailoring is well done! Unfortunately, the fabric is only on the lower half of the body. The torso area is sculpted, as are the boots. The display base is just awesome, and really adds to the statue, but not so much that it steals the show. Lightsaber blades lighup nicely from hilt outward, and looks so real that you're waiting to hear the familiar lightsaber sound. Not sure what the hold up, other than the port strike I mean, was over this piece. It certainly wasn't QC making sure all the portraits were flawless. Have to say it was worth the wait though.

Last edited:
The Dutch PF is awesome! And, yeah, I like the Terminator PF better than Cinemaquettes. Just more natural IMO.

My daughter and I do Underworld marathons occasionally. I like all the movies, but she just loves'em! I thought I read they were making another, but either way, the collectibles from Cinemaquette look amazing, and I kinda like the 1/4 Selene HCG did too.

Hilarious! Only us SW nerds can get so excited over a frikkin' teaser poster, LOL!

Also, finally snapped a few pics of the Savage Opress Premium Format statue. Weird lighting today though:

16438527704_9450e6c114_c.jpg

17034976476_f065940f7a_c.jpg

16873162798_dccbe76756_c.jpg

16440810153_0d49c1f27e_c.jpg

17059493932_7f5d69690d_c.jpg

17034974496_4a5b7b5d17_c.jpg

16874733489_940b5f7f90_c.jpg

16873160128_7c6ebbc274_c.jpg

17034972856_933a2b64aa_c.jpg

16853550177_90309b0076_c.jpg

Overall, an awesome piece! I really love the pose and the face chosen for this. Couple, minor, paint flaws with the portrait as you can see from the closeup pics. Nothing noticable though when viewing normally. Tailoring is well done! Unfortunately, the fabric is only on the lower half of the body. The torso area is sculpted, as are the boots. The display base is just awesome, and really adds to the statue, but not so much that it steals the show. Lightsaber blades lighup nicely from hilt outward, and looks so real that you're waiting to hear the familiar lightsaber sound. Not sure what the hold up, other than the port strike I mean, was over this piece. It certainly wasn't QC making sure all the portraits were flawless. Have to say it was worth the wait though.

Awesome pics Lou! I always look forward to your pics. Congrats again buddy!

I think SS just has too many licences/planned pieces and not enough factory workers and thats whats causing these delays. But thats not an excuse because we still need more statues, especially SW ones. Start hiring more people Sideshow LOL! There have been quite a few statues in the last few months that have had less than stellar paint apps, and I know how bad we demand perfection, but your piece still looks phenomenal overall! I'm super jealous :D!

Awesome pics Lou! I always look forward to your pics. Congrats again buddy!

I think SS just has too many licences/planned pieces and not enough factory workers and thats whats causing these delays. But thats not an excuse because we still need more statues, especially SW ones. Start hiring more people Sideshow LOL! There have been quite a few statues in the last few months that have had less than stellar paint apps, and I know how bad we demand perfection, but your piece still looks phenomenal overall! I'm super jealous :D!

Thanks man. Yeah, I could be a little more anal, but honestly from normal viewing distance the apps look fine. If I ever feel like it could be done better, I'll just have someone do it for me. No biggie though. :)

Now the wait for the Cody PF, and then the long long wait until fall for the Fett PF. Ugh!

Great pics Lou! I honestly don't know who Savage Opress is (don't judge me too much), but that's a mighty fine looking statue.

I'm right there with you waiting for Cody...that one is approaching two years since the pre-order went up.

LOL! Yeah, alot of people on my FB page are like, "Who?"

Hard to believe, right? I mean, it's not like they've never done a Clonetrooper before, LMAO!

Whew! I actually came in here this morning at about 10am to reply, got called away, and just got back! Damn what a day, LOL!

Yeah, no doubt man! I can only imagine the QC issues they were having.

Gotta love days like that! Unless the day was a pain in the ass LMAO!

Its seems there has been some weird pattern up with SS's QC lately. Its like there are some characters coming out where the whole edition is nearly flawless, and then there will be a character that comes out that a lot people have issues with and its always the same widespread issue, whether its paint, fitment or breakage. Or even rust LOL. Collectors on forums are starting to think SS has 2 factories and whenever a new piece comes out for order people are hoping it gets made in their "good" factory lol. I don't know how many factories SS is using or whatever, but its weird when there is such a widespread issue that manages to get past the QC check. I'll never say this enough, but I'm really not a fan of wincing when opening a $400 piece because I know there is a pretty good shot its going to have some issues. I really breathe a sigh of relief if everythings okay but we shouldn't have worry at all when we pay the prices we do. I can't even imagine the rage I'd have if I would drop $2K on an LSF and it had issues.

Gotta love days like that! Unless the day was a pain in the ass LMAO!

Its seems there has been some weird pattern up with SS's QC lately. Its like there are some characters coming out where the whole edition is nearly flawless, and then there will be a character that comes out that a lot people have issues with and its always the same widespread issue, whether its paint, fitment or breakage. Or even rust LOL. Collectors on forums are starting to think SS has 2 factories and whenever a new piece comes out for order people are hoping it gets made in their "good" factory lol. I don't know how many factories SS is using or whatever, but its weird when there is such a widespread issue that manages to get past the QC check. I'll never say this enough, but I'm really not a fan of wincing when opening a $400 piece because I know there is a pretty good shot its going to have some issues. I really breathe a sigh of relief if everythings okay but we shouldn't have worry at all when we pay the prices we do. I can't even imagine the rage I'd have if I would drop $2K on an LSF and it had issues.

It was kinda, but it's all good. :)

Yeah, I agree QC has slipped over the years, but what has slipped even more is being able to return the product without any hassle. Wait times can be ridiculous when it comes to Returns not only responding to you, but also getting your replacement out. And, that's if they deem your product exchangeable/ returnable. And, that is exactly why I go through AD's.

It was kinda, but it's all good. :)

Yeah, I agree QC has slipped over the years, but what has slipped even more is being able to return the product without any hassle. Wait times can be ridiculous when it comes to Returns not only responding to you, but also getting your replacement out. And, that's if they deem your product exchangeable/ returnable. And, that is exactly why I go through AD's.

I haven't gone into a comic shop in so long, and I think thats the only thing around me that might be able to get SS stuff. And from what I remember he never really used to sell any super high end stuff, it would be just hard to find Marvel/DC/Star Wars toys, like Hasbro stuff. But then again maybe things have changed by now because Sideshow wasn't even in existence the last time I was in there LOL.

I haven't gone into a comic shop in so long, and I think thats the only thing around me that might be able to get SS stuff. And from what I remember he never really used to sell any super high end stuff, it would be just hard to find Marvel/DC/Star Wars toys, like Hasbro stuff. But then again maybe things have changed by now because Sideshow wasn't even in existence the last time I was in there LOL.

A couple of the AD's I use don't even sell SS normally, but they are dealers, so it is just a matter of asking if they can get me the figure, how much, and then go with the one that will give me the lowest price. Although, the days of getting super great deals are coming to an end I think.

BTW, looks like Ikea updated the Besta doors finally:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/12152-4/

Gone are the Vassbo and Vara doors. Still no 3 tier doors. Also, all things Besta related on the site seem to be bare bones. Have to wonder how much life this line has left.

Last edited:
A couple of the AD's I use don't even sell SS normally, but they are dealers, so it is just a matter of asking if they can get me the figure, how much, and then go with the one that will give me the lowest price. Although, the days of getting super great deals are coming to an end I think.

BTW, looks like Ikea updated the Besta doors finally:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/12152-4/

Gone are the Vassbo and Vara doors. Still no 3 tier doors. Also, all things Besta related on the site seem to be bare bones. Have to wonder how much life this line has left.

I'm actually looking at the new Sindvik door. I think its got the same 2 inch border of the Glassvik but its $20 cheaper per door. That adds up quick when you have to buy a lot of doors.

So now the Besta is $75 with no shelves, shelves are $5 each and obviously we need 2 of those, Glassviks are the same price as before at $45 each, but now they don't come with hinges and those are $10 each per door. So to do one whole Besta display with shelves and doors its going to cost you $250 now and it was only $220 before this line's overhaul. And before you used to have 2 extra shelves on top of it to do whatever with. The new legs still aren't out yet either and I don't know how much they will cost. I haven't looked at their lighting for awhile so I have no clue if its the same as before or if the prices have gone up.

I'm actually looking at the new Sindvik door. I think its got the same 2 inch border of the Glassvik but its $20 cheaper per door. That adds up quick when you have to buy a lot of doors.

So now the Besta is $75 with no shelves, shelves are $5 each and obviously we need 2 of those, Glassviks are the same price as before at $45 each, but now they don't come with hinges and those are $10 each per door. So to do one whole Besta display with shelves and doors its going to cost you $250 now and it was only $220 before this line's overhaul. And before you used to have 2 extra shelves on top of it to do whatever with. The new legs still aren't out yet either and I don't know how much they will cost. I haven't looked at their lighting for awhile so I have no clue if its the same as before or if the prices have gone up.

On the bright side, it is still cheaper than buying individual acrylic cases for each statue, LOL!

I guess the best option for me would be to just buy individual Besta cubes and a door, and call it a day for that statue. DONE!

Wow, that is lame! IKEA and Sideshow are in cahoots with their price raising, ha.

Did either of you see the video review for the 1/6 scale Hoth Luke? I'm so tempted seeing as he's my favorite character.

On the bright side, it is still cheaper than buying individual acrylic cases for each statue, LOL!

I guess the best option for me would be to just buy individual Besta cubes and a door, and call it a day for that statue. DONE!

Lol! That's so true. I shouldn't be complaining as it's still a deal compared to singular acrylic cases.

That might not be a bad idea. At least that way you wouldn't have to buy stuff you don't need. Can you stack single cubes on top of each other?

I'm seriously thinking about just saying eff the doors on all my bestas. Its not going to be too long before none of ss's pfs fit in a single cube perfectly anyways. I'm thinking about Ep VII PFs and those things will probably be like 25" or taller by that time with the way SS keeps blowing the size up on these things. Its pointless to spend all this money on doors when half of the stuff won't fit or look good with them. I think we can kiss the hope of a full length door goodbye now. I can just dust more frequently and save myself hundreds if dollars on doors.

Wow, that is lame! IKEA and Sideshow are in cahoots with their price raising, ha.

Did either of you see the video review for the 1/6 scale Hoth Luke? I'm so tempted seeing as he's my favorite character.

That's it! I knew it! It's a conspiracy! They are in cahoots! LOL!

I did, and he is looking awesome. Their SW sixth scale has really made a massive improvement over the last couple of years.

I'd love to see a new Jedi Knight ROTJ Luke PF. That is my favorite outfit. A lot of people didn't like the first one but I thought it looked great. But I don't have it.