Straight Outta Compton - In theaters August 14, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Tagline: The Story of N.W.A.

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Music[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]F. Gary Gray[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Paul Giamatti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aldis Hodge[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keith Stanfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angela Elayne Gibbs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandra Shipp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]R. Marcus Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corey Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allen Maldonado[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dean Cameron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]O'Shea Jackson Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Brown Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aeriél Miranda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Pacheco[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The group NWA emerges from the streets of Compton, California in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes pop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
btqfQD9KE6lotTF0mI3wHvTfCyT.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Universal has put out an official release for the film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/straight-outta-compton-cast-photo/

Ice Cube’s son O’Shea Jackson Jr. will play Cube, Jason Mitchell will play Eazy-E, and Corey Hawkins will be on screen as Dr. Dre. Now Universal has given the film a release date, and released the first Straight Outta Compton cast photo. See that pic below.

straight-outta-compton.jpg

Straight Outta Compton will hit theaters on August 14, 2015, with F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off) directing.

In that photo you see, clockwise from top left, producer Ice Cube, director F. Gary Gray, producer Dr. Dre, Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre), Jason Mitchell (Eazy-E) and O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Ice Cube).

Here’s the official info from Universal:
In the mid-1980s, the streets of Compton, California, were some of the most dangerous in the country. When five young men translated their experiences growing up into brutally honest music that rebelled against abusive authority, they gave an explosive voice to a silenced generation. Following the meteoric rise and fall of N.W.A., STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON tells the astonishing story of how these youngsters revolutionized music and pop culture forever the moment they told the world the truth about life in the hood and ignited a cultural war.

Starring O’Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell as Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON is directed by F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off, The Italian Job). The drama is produced by original N.W.A. members Ice Cube and Dr. Dre, who are joined by fellow producers Matt Alvarez and Tomica Woods-Wright. Will Packer serves as executive producer of the film alongside Gray.

NWA.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
About to watch this! :woot: F**K YEAH! :cool:

20150815_143614-1.jpg

Crazy thing about this... I've never seen security standing outside any theater! :OMG: I tried taking a pic of them and nope! :stop: they quickly told me to put my phone away! :D

Now let's do this! :thumbs:

You lucky ****!!! This is what I wanna do to you right about now
tumblr_mqeh8mv8Hb1sbnooro1_500.gif
@DADDYCOOL187 :D LOL! :hilarious: And YOU still have to wait almost 2 weeks! :wacky: Dont worry bro, I'll go see it again next weekend, just for you! :smug:
I've been hearing about security at the theaters.What are they expecting to happen?
@dboy99 Well whatever they were expecting didn't happen! But what DID happen, this film exceeded expectations and became a HIT! :cool: :drool: #1 Movie is the USA! :notworthy: F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

I fu**ing enjoyed this amazing film! :drool: Definitely my 2nd favorite film of the year! It had so much heart! :cool: Go check it out NINJAS, I highly recommend it! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: :thumbs:

Now Playing!.JPG

And "Bye Felicia!" LMFAO! :woot: EPIC! :LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@DADDYCOOL187 :D LOL! :hilarious: And YOU still have to wait almost 2 weeks! :wacky: Dont worry bro, I'll go see it again next weekend, just for you! :smug:

@dboy99 Well whatever they were expecting didn't happen! But what DID happen, this film exceeded expectations and became a HIT! :cool: :drool: #1 Movie is the USA! :notworthy: F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

I fu**ing enjoyed this amazing film! :drool: Definitely my 2nd favorite film of the year! It had so much heart! :cool: Go check it out NINJAS, I highly recommend it! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: :thumbs:

View attachment 182480

And "Bye Felicia!" LMFAO! :woot: EPIC! :LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad you enjoyed it mate,

Really can't wait to watch it. Gona be sik!

Been listening to loads of NWA and 2001 recently (well im always listening to 2001)

Straight Outta Compton is a very solid movie with great performances by relatively unknown actors. F Gary Gary did a great job recapping roughly 10 years of history in 2 ½ hours. The story and characters of Eazy E, Dr Dre and Ice Cube were all interesting and different in the own way and the actors portraying them did a phenomenal job.

While this movie is long, it could definitely benefit from an even longer running time. The actual part where they were all together being N.W.A. was the best and ‘origins’ of famous songs and cameos were really fun. This was a great movie, but I wish the darker sides of Dr Dre and Ice Cube were explored more with Ice Cube getting a more fleshed out ending. This is definitely one of the best bio pic movies in recent memory and if you love or even like rap, you definitely need to see this movie.

Side note: I was lucky enough to randomly sit next to Elizabeth Olsen at the theater. She seemed to enjoy the movie too. I’ll toss common sense and technicalities aside and call it a movie date with her J

Straight Outta Compton is a very solid movie with great performances by relatively unknown actors. F Gary Gary did a great job recapping roughly 10 years of history in 2 ½ hours. The story and characters of Eazy E, Dr Dre and Ice Cube were all interesting and different in the own way and the actors portraying them did a phenomenal job.

While this movie is long, it could definitely benefit from an even longer running time. The actual part where they were all together being N.W.A. was the best and ‘origins’ of famous songs and cameos were really fun. This was a great movie, but I wish the darker sides of Dr Dre and Ice Cube were explored more with Ice Cube getting a more fleshed out ending. This is definitely one of the best bio pic movies in recent memory and if you love or even like rap, you definitely need to see this movie.

Side note: I was lucky enough to randomly sit next to Elizabeth Olsen at the theater. She seemed to enjoy the movie too. I’ll toss common sense and technicalities aside and call it a movie date with her J

Supposedly the original cut of the film was 3hrs 30 min, so hopefully we will get a lot more on the blu release. While I think all the actors did a great job, Jason Mitchell who played Easy-E, performance definitely was my favorite.

Best movie of the summer! They packed in so much music and history. Hard to believe this was 2.5 hours, because I would have watched for another hour or two. So great seeing all of the legends.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Supposedly the original cut of the film was 3hrs 30 min, so hopefully we will get a lot more on the blu release. While I think all the actors did a great job, Jason Mitchell who played Easy-E, performance definitely was my favorite.
@cbs777 3hrs and 30min!? WOW! :OMG: An Extended/Diectors Cut would be awesome, I'd love to see that! :drool: