Straight Outta Compton - In theaters August 14, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Tagline: The Story of N.W.A.

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Music[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]F. Gary Gray[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Paul Giamatti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aldis Hodge[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keith Stanfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angela Elayne Gibbs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandra Shipp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]R. Marcus Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corey Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allen Maldonado[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dean Cameron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]O'Shea Jackson Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Brown Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aeriél Miranda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Pacheco[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The group NWA emerges from the streets of Compton, California in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes pop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
btqfQD9KE6lotTF0mI3wHvTfCyT.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Universal has put out an official release for the film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/straight-outta-compton-cast-photo/

Ice Cube’s son O’Shea Jackson Jr. will play Cube, Jason Mitchell will play Eazy-E, and Corey Hawkins will be on screen as Dr. Dre. Now Universal has given the film a release date, and released the first Straight Outta Compton cast photo. See that pic below.

straight-outta-compton.jpg

Straight Outta Compton will hit theaters on August 14, 2015, with F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off) directing.

In that photo you see, clockwise from top left, producer Ice Cube, director F. Gary Gray, producer Dr. Dre, Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre), Jason Mitchell (Eazy-E) and O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Ice Cube).

Here’s the official info from Universal:
In the mid-1980s, the streets of Compton, California, were some of the most dangerous in the country. When five young men translated their experiences growing up into brutally honest music that rebelled against abusive authority, they gave an explosive voice to a silenced generation. Following the meteoric rise and fall of N.W.A., STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON tells the astonishing story of how these youngsters revolutionized music and pop culture forever the moment they told the world the truth about life in the hood and ignited a cultural war.

Starring O’Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell as Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON is directed by F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off, The Italian Job). The drama is produced by original N.W.A. members Ice Cube and Dr. Dre, who are joined by fellow producers Matt Alvarez and Tomica Woods-Wright. Will Packer serves as executive producer of the film alongside Gray.

NWA.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear the positive vibes echoed here so far. I am gonna see it again at the weekend

Just keep thinking that had events not transpired as they did, the mind boggles as to how incredible it would have been to hear Eazy, Cube and Ren (not forgetting The D.O.C) rapping over Dre's beats - and we already know there are hundreds of those in the vaults...

Last edited:
Glad you decided to watch this, what an amazing movie! So far watched it 3 times!!! Absolutely love it, as much as I LOVE all the marvel, action movies out this year, this movie is nothing but memories of my youth, growing up, DJ'ing, movie of the year for me too:thumbs:
I'm already looking forward to seeing it again. Really hope we get a great looking edition for it! Although I do like their music, I never really listened to NWA when I was younger, but I was a fan of Dre and have played his albums countless times over the years, so it was interesting to see his journey.

Can't wait to catch this. Hearing great things everywhere about it. Making me get all the old CDs out again.

I haven't stopped listening to NWA albums, the chronic, easy e' first and last and some cube too. Had on my iPod anyway and I listen to 2001 quite a lot anyway.
Got me onto a bit of kurrupt and daz too. Been a while

Love it when dre is trying to get the synth right for nothing but a G thang and snoop bursts in and also cube writing a certain line for a certain film lol brilliant

That's a nice mix DJHilalo - had a listen on the way back from work :headphone:

There are some killer tunes there that I hadn't heard in a while (who can forget The 900 Number!!)

Like Daddycool187 says these tunes take me back. Damn - I miss the late 80's when so many classic albums were released. Off the top of the dome I'm talking about PE, Kane, Eric B & Rakim, NWA, Ice T, BDP, JVC Force and my personal favourites EPMD. The list goes on and on...

Thanks for bringing back some good memories! :thumbs:

Reactions: DJHilalo
Saw this twice already and enjoyed every bit of it, grew up listening to these legends, had to go home & drop a mixtape in inspiration, check it out here if U down with Hip Hop & all ;)

Awesome, great mix.

Been years since I've listened to some slick rick, LL, Craig mack - flava in ya ear (completely forgot about that), Eric B & Rakim, krs, biz and the digital underground ( love the humpy dance)
I listened to OPP every day the last week and half (just popped in my head after straight outta Compton)

Like @DADDYCOOL187 said it's been years since I made a mix tape or even listened to one. When I was proper young I used to tape the new hip hop and rap tunes of the radio and the remixes.

Gona have to dig some old albums out.

Really hope this film gets a steelbook