Straight Outta Compton - In theaters August 14, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Tagline: The Story of N.W.A.

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Music[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]F. Gary Gray[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Paul Giamatti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aldis Hodge[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keith Stanfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angela Elayne Gibbs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandra Shipp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]R. Marcus Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corey Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allen Maldonado[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dean Cameron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]O'Shea Jackson Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Brown Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aeriél Miranda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Pacheco[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The group NWA emerges from the streets of Compton, California in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes pop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
btqfQD9KE6lotTF0mI3wHvTfCyT.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Universal has put out an official release for the film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/straight-outta-compton-cast-photo/

Ice Cube’s son O’Shea Jackson Jr. will play Cube, Jason Mitchell will play Eazy-E, and Corey Hawkins will be on screen as Dr. Dre. Now Universal has given the film a release date, and released the first Straight Outta Compton cast photo. See that pic below.

straight-outta-compton.jpg

Straight Outta Compton will hit theaters on August 14, 2015, with F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off) directing.

In that photo you see, clockwise from top left, producer Ice Cube, director F. Gary Gray, producer Dr. Dre, Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre), Jason Mitchell (Eazy-E) and O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Ice Cube).

Here’s the official info from Universal:
In the mid-1980s, the streets of Compton, California, were some of the most dangerous in the country. When five young men translated their experiences growing up into brutally honest music that rebelled against abusive authority, they gave an explosive voice to a silenced generation. Following the meteoric rise and fall of N.W.A., STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON tells the astonishing story of how these youngsters revolutionized music and pop culture forever the moment they told the world the truth about life in the hood and ignited a cultural war.

Starring O’Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell as Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON is directed by F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off, The Italian Job). The drama is produced by original N.W.A. members Ice Cube and Dr. Dre, who are joined by fellow producers Matt Alvarez and Tomica Woods-Wright. Will Packer serves as executive producer of the film alongside Gray.

NWA.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys :thumbs: ... roll on mixtape 2 :p

@Flloydo: they better do a steelbook for it mate, can't wait to check it out again!

Will be taking my 17 year old son to check it out as he's crazy about Urban music and dancing, gotta get him to appreciate the original hardcore stuff and none of the B$ out these days!, man everything from da punchy bars & lyrics, da attitude/clothing etc, to da addictive loops were/are and will always be RUTHLESS!! :cigar:

I watched the movie yesterday. The movie was good but it is not the truth about NWA. It's an ego movie from Dr. Dre & Ice Cube.

I must admit I grew up with NWA and Eazy-E. I got everything on cassette, on CD and on Vinyl.
I knew the story before, I read and watched everything ever was made and produced with this group.

I hope Dr.Dre and Ice Cube feel ashamed at some point in their life how they showed Eazy-E and Ren. It's really a shame!

How can you treat your dead homie like this? How can you treat a man who was the leader of this group who died 20 years ago in a way like this?
Showing him begging in the end. Some bullshit. He was the guy who was cussing all out in the studio. The scene with Ice Cube in the club where he said "aw I thought you didn't like my movie"
and Eazy gave him props. So Ice Cube you really need this? This scene was not necessary for the movie. You get your props in a way like this from a dead man who can't tell the truth? Shame on you.
Eazy-E was never beaten by Suges people. And Eazy-E was never broke. He got like 30 million USD when he died. He found and executive produced Bone Thugs n Harmony. He was never the soft poor guy
how they showed him. There are some ego problems and they worked them off in this movie.

And how can you show so less about MC Ren? He already said something about this. Ren wrote a lot of the lyrics and he didn't get his props in this movie. It was all about Dre und Ice Cube.

The concert scene was a lie with "**** the police", they didn't wanted to play the song, they only played it because they was in a clinch with the promoter later on.

Dre was not arrested because of the fight. He was arrested because he didn't paid the fines for to often illegal parking :hilarious:

Eazy-Es daughter will drop a documentary of how it really went down. I admit to watch this to get the whole picture.

Yesterday was Eazy-E's 52 birthday, Rest in Power!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DJHilalo
F. Gary Gray's biopic Straight outta Compton about the rapppers from the NWA (Dr. Dre and Ice Cube, among others) had a fantastic first weekend at the US box office with $60 million - more than anyone expected.

But even though the film ignores or barely addresses some critical character points (e.g. seemingly cases of Dr. Dre's violence against women), it still has a lot to tell and does so with a runtime of 2.5 hours. But that is not all because Gray is currently busy with his Director's Cut of the film. According to Collider, it is supposedly 16 minutes longer, prolonging it to 166 minutes.

The US Blu-ray can be expected at the end of 2015.

F. Gary Gray's biopic Straight outta Compton about the rapppers from the NWA (Dr. Dre and Ice Cube, among others) had a fantastic first weekend at the US box office with $60 million - more than anyone expected.

But even though the film ignores or barely addresses some critical character points (e.g. seemingly cases of Dr. Dre's violence against women), it still has a lot to tell and does so with a runtime of 2.5 hours. But that is not all because Gray is currently busy with his Director's Cut of the film. According to Collider, it is supposedly 16 minutes longer, prolonging it to 166 minutes.

The US Blu-ray can be expected at the end of 2015.
Hell Yeah! :woot: I'm ALL for a Directors Cut! :notworthy: You down @DADDYCOOL187?! :cool:

Thanks @nefilim :thumbs: Here's the article from Collider if anyone is interested ;)
http://collider.com/straight-outta-compton-directors-cut-details/

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187