Street Fighter IV & Super Street Fighter IV Megathread

Jan 27, 2009
Anaheim,Ca
Street Fighter IV is a 2008 fighting game produced by Capcom. It is the first numbered Street Fighter game released by Capcom for the arcades since 1999. The coin-operated arcade game was released in Japan on July 18, 2008 with North American arcades importing the machines by August.[7] The console versions for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 are currently scheduled to be released on February 12, 2009 in Japan, February 17 in North America, and February 20 in Europe.[3] A Windows version will follow during the second quarter of 2009

street_fighter_4_video_game_image_ryu.jpg

Also Street Fighter IV will have Worldwide servers, specified by the link below.
http://www.ps3center.net/news/2235/street-fighter-iv-online-servers-will-be-worldwide/ :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Street Fighter IV has been getting much praise for its combination of classic gameplay and updated graphics technology, but there are differences between the console versions.

Firstly, you're going to notice more jagged edges in the PlayStation 3 game, since it doesn't feature any anti-aliasing. This is in contrast to the Xbox 360's 2xAA.

This isn't that much of a negative, since the 'jaggies' are barely noticeable when playing in the traditional gameplay view.

However, you might notice the edges in the character close-ups, a view where the PlayStation 3 suffers slightly in another area. During the close-up sequences, generally used with special moves, the PS3 game's rendering resolution drops from 720p to nearer 630p, which is then up-scaled for output.

An odd occurrence that can be best demonstrated through the following game captures. You'll notice that the PlayStation 3 screenshot is slightly blurred, where you'll also see that Ryu's headband features more obvious jagged edges.

View at: http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/fighting-games/street-fighter-iv-ps3-sub-hd-in-close-up-$1270459.htm

i picked it up today and i'm loving it so far. traditional street fighter with some new added techniques make for a good time.

and i think it looks great. very pleased so far.

Each review copy of Street Fighter IV sent to journalists was accompanied by a glossy training manual with bios, artwork, and moves lists for each character. Now you can get your hands on it, too.

You can download a digital copy of the 22-page guide here (thanks, Joystiq). It'd probably be a good idea to print it out at your office, as it'd beat the crap out of your puny home printer's ink cartridge.

http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/manuals/SFIV_TM_SE_02252009_SML.pdf

I got that one yesterday! The only problem I have about the game is Seth, I doubt they thought it over well over at Capcom. The character completely dismisses your moves and position in the battle field is ridiculous I find it very frustrating why the devs overlooked this! is very annoying!! I even stopped playing completely until I get myself an arcade stick to play.

On April 24 (in Japan), Street Fighter IV will get the totally free "Championship Mode" update, bringing unique features to both the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

Replays, it seems, will be viewable cross-platform as well as "replay rankings". However, the PS3 is getting an exclusive voting system that allows players to vote for parts of the fight they thing are "Funny", "Awesome" or "Beautiful".

The Xbox 360, on the other hand, gets a couple interesting functions of its own: On-screen display of input keys and the ability to download replays to any media to the Xbox 360's HDD or memory card and then upload those replays for off-line viewing.

Not sure why both platforms couldn't have these features...

Eds Note: Previously we incorrectly listed that Championship Mode would be priced. This update is free, free, free.

sfcm.jpg

sfcm_vote.jpg

sfcm_keys.jpg

Source: Kotaku

I like the fact they are adding a disconnection percentage for those that disconnect when they are losing and will also disqualify those who disconnect.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has just announced a Disgaea lounge in Home Japan, and new Street Fighter 4 features within Home. The Disgaea lounge should be available now, and if not, then very soon.

You will be able to launch Street Fighter 4 from within Home from April 24, at least in Japan. This feature will probably make it's way worldwide eventually, as it is one of the more requested features for Home.

On April 28, the PlayStation 3 console exclusive MMORPG from Koei, Uncharted Waters Online ~ Cruz del Sur ~, will also be getting a Home space. The game will unlock various Home items as you progress through the game.

Super Street Fighter IV confirmed

French website JV247 has let the cat out of the bag in regards to tomorrow’s planned Street Fighter announcement, confirming Internet gossip that Capcom is indeed working on beat ‘em up follow-up Super Street Fighter IV.

According to the site, SSFIV takes place roughly a year after the events of its older brother, and throws in a host of extra combatants, including the return of veteran brawler, T Hawk.

New to the line-up meanwhile is bad girl Juri, who is apparently in league with Seth and under protection from T Hawk. Other new faces include Dudley, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, Dee Jay, Makoto, Guy and Hakan.

Elsewhere, speculation points to characters being able to unleash two Ultras this time around, one of them being the Air Ultra. Furthermore, it seems that the Bonus Stage may be on the cards again, while the game engine has supposedly undergone numerous tweaks to make it feel considerably different from SFIV.

We’ll have more as it breaks.

[UPDATE] Super Street Fighter IV confirmed

A few more tidbits have started trickling in following the game's official unveiling in Japan today. According to Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono, SSFIV will ship on a single game disc as opposed to arriving on the scene in the form downloadable content, and is currently pencilled for release in spring 2010 for PS3 and Xbox 360. Stay tuned for more details as they become available to us.

Super Street Fighter IV - Car Bashing making a Comeback?

We don't always have to be so serious in our news. Sometimes, we just like to issue an update that puts a smile on the faces of veteran gamers.

Street Fighter II is widely regarded as one of the best fighting games in history and this year's Street Fighter IV fully resurrected the ailing franchise. However, it was missing the bonus stages from SFII that everyone considered most satisfying: bashing on cars and barrels! Well, both of these random acts of destruction may reappear in the upcoming Super Street Fighter IV, as indicated by Joystiq (citing a recent edition of Famitsu). We so wanna smash up those cars again! Remember how it was always a little easier to do with certain characters? Or maybe it just felt easier with certain characters? We don't intend to leave all the silliness and goofiness of yesteryear behind as we continue to advance forward, and besides, we need a break from pummeling human opponents. Maybe we'll get other mini games, too; maybe we'll have to try breaking down other vehicles, like freakin' trains or something, or maybe we can bash on small buildings like Godzilla. How sweet would that be?

Well, whatever. We just want to break those cars and barrels again. Make it feel just like Street Fighter, please!

Super Street Fighter IV Gameplay Trailer

Though there's no visible visual improvement over SFIV, the addition of several new characters is more than enough to make us want to make a fresh purchase

Old Super SFII favourites Dee Jay and T. Hawk make a return with Final Fight and SF Alpha stalwarts Cody and Guy. SF Alpha Muay Thai boxer Adon and brand new female Taekwondo aficianado Juri round out the roster with more fighters yet to be revealed.

And if all that wasn't enough, the new trailer we have for you right here shows the return of the classic car smashing bonus round again. Score!

That's got to make Super Street Fighter IV a perfect win, surely?

The game is out this coming April 27th and April 30th in North America and Europe respectively.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_Tk3iAxAV8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_Tk3iAxAV8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Three More Characters For Super Street Fighter IV?

Street Fighter IV's roster of characters is already bursting at the seams, but a set of apparent scans from Famitsu magazine have surfaced showing three more.

Yet to be announced and officially confirmed, these new additions are strictly rumoured. Three fan favourites from Street Fighter III are depicted in the scans, which can be found over on Kotaku.

Boxer Dudley joins Ibuki and Makato in what are incredibly convincing screenshots and mag scans. If they're not real, then someone has really gone out of there way to create a hoax.

Super Street Fighter IV is confirmed for an April release.

bought this game on release,you guy's who didn't are lucky since their having super street fighter for the low price of 40 dollar's.

Super Street Fighter IV Given Pre-Order Costume Pack

Capcom has released details of their European pre-order incentives for Super Street Fighter IV - a five costume pack for some of the game's most popular fighters.

Fei Long's bonus costume, is an obvious homage to Bruce Lee's Kato from The Green Hornet TV series he once starred in.

Blanka meanwhile, gets a pink Dan-style karate robe, while Dhalsim gets a sultan makeover and Guile goes all special forces with a heavy flak jacket.

The fifth and final costume takes Gen out of his dignified kung-fu pyjamas and gives him the 'dirty slave' look instead.
Exclusive stylised iPhone covers and 1 from a choice of 4 T-shirts are also planned for European pre-orders.

Super Street Fighter IV is slated for release on April 27th in North America and April 30th for The UK and Europe.

Super Street Fighter IV's Final Character Is Revealed Oilier Than Expected

Capcom has finally unveiled the tenth and last new character for Super Street Fighter IV, and well, we'd be lying if we said we expected to see an overly bronzed oddball with green yoghurt pots for hair.

That pretty much describes new fighter Hakan though, a strange mound of muscle with a penchant for keeping himself slathered in oil so that he can (rather disturbingly) slip and slide around like some kind of oily snake.

He's a Turkish wrestler, which makes him a grappling character and he isn't shy of getting stuck in, making squelchy noises as he grabs ahold of opponents. What's more, his Ultra Finisher is possibly the weirdest in the game, as Hakan dives on top of the opposing pugilist and then squeezes them, popping them along the screen on a wild slip 'n slide ride.

There must be something in the water at Capcom. Check out the trailer to see Hakan in action.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BcRnYT9useo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BcRnYT9useo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Capcom blocking SSFIV DLC, says Ono-san

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono has revealed that company bigwigs have stalled his hopes of bringing the extra characters found in the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV to home consoles.

Apparently, Ono-san was successful in acquiring the thumbs-up from his boss Keiji Inafune, but was unable to get a stamp of approval from the higher-ups.

"I couldn't got approval from [upper level staff], but I'll continue [the] proposal!" Ono said on Twitter. "I got approval from my boss, Keiji Inafune, but I can't [get] it from [upper level staff]."

The Street Fighter IV producer was quick to add that he wasn’t giving up on the matter, noting the content still has a chance of making the transition to consoles given the fact Inafune approved of the move.

For those unaware, the characters in question are arcade extras Yun & Yang, who previously appeared in Street Fighter III.