Sucker Punch (Blu-ray SteelBook)-1st Release [Germany]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Sucker Punch Blu Ray Steelbook - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00512DT00/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Release date: 5th August

Ohh yeah :D

91jkfJ-I53L._AA1500_.jpg

Hi def back image

71Ypo3g6nyL._AA1108_.jpg

Update 8/5/2011 Sound issue info-thanks ralfers, who posted this in the thread.

"Apparently, something is wrong with the extended cut disc. Something with the audio.

Amazon: "Information zur Tonspur: Der Hersteller hat uns informiert, dass bei diesem Titel die deutsche und englische Tonspur überprüft wird. Sie werden eine kostenlose Möglichkeit zum Austausch erhalten, falls sich ein Defekt bestätigt. Amazon wird Sie zeitnah über die genauen Details des eventuellen Austausches informieren.

Google Translate: "Information on the soundtrack: The manufacturer has informed us that this title will be checked at the German and English soundtrack. You will receive a free way to exchange, if a defect is confirmed. Amazon will inform you promptly about the exact details of any exchange.

Updated replacement Info:

Thanks Urbeenjammin
warner has finally set up their free replacement disc program for the defect in the German audio with the extended cut.it seems that you don't have to send the original disc to get the revised version.they just need a copy of your receipt.the link here is provided by bluray-disc.de:
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-n...umtauschaktion-fuer-sucker-punch-blu-ray-disc

Last edited by a moderator:
bummer

thankyou for your responses

just spoke to the seller and it is a second edition release.

i have found the first edition on amazon.de but they wont ship to UK

can anyone help. the missus was buying it for me for my birthday

lee

I took the plunge and treated myself to one of these via Ebay for a decent price. My heart was beating as I commited to buy in case someone else bought it before me. Was gonna settle for the G1 French or even 2nd release of this one only to find out the back on the latter was printed. Haven't felt a rush like that since paying ridiculous amounts for the Play.com Iron Man :D I just know this is gonna be one of my favourites :)

I don't care what anyone says I love the film and it's deeper than a lot of people think, here's an interesting video for any hardcore fans

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this Steelbook last week in the mail (bought it on the German bluray-disc.de Marketplace). A few weeks back, I also got the German 2nd Release from ebay.
The seller thought it was the first one, but I kept it anyway. Luckaly it wasn't to expensive. So after that ... maybe I'll also go for the 3rd one, who knows.

It's like collecting stamps, but then bigger ;)

Reactions: ihategiantspiders
They don't make SteelBooks like this anymore - the first edition is truly worthy of this fantastic movie. As comments above alluded to, the movie has a very powerful story that is missed by those who got distracted by the intentional production pieces. An outstanding masterpiece by Zack Snyder!

They don't make SteelBooks like this anymore - the first edition is truly worthy of this fantastic movie. As comments above alluded to, the movie has a very powerful story that is missed by those who got distracted by the intentional production pieces. An outstanding masterpiece by Zack Snyder!

And here was me thinking Snyder was Michael Bay in disguise :)

I am a massive fan of Zak Snyder’s work. I think Sucker Punch, like his other movies, is very divisive. I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece, but the visual style, aesthetics and production of the movie are masterful.

The movie is a collection of set pieces with unique settings and characters tied together by a main story line. If you compare it to a proper classic like Pulp Fiction or Traffic, in terms of story, it comes up well short. But as an entertainment package it ticks all the boxes imo. I’m glad to see Snyder succeed and I really enjoyed Man of Steel. I hope he still gets to make crazy films like this in future though.

On the steel, I’ve got both the German & CA release and personally l prefer the Canadian release. The German 1st print is a cracker though and I 100% agree that they don’t make them like this any more, which is sad

Is there a way to tell if I have the replacement disc for the german 1st release of suckepunch or not. I really don't want to listen to it in German to see if it's the good disc or not. I tried searching and couldn't find how to tell. Numbers on extended cut are BVD04354 7000043368R2_L1 01 010MM L1 BVP04353 7000043368R2_LD 01 020MM LD
thanks for your help. :naughty:

Last edited:
Is there a way to tell if I have the replacement disc for the german 1st release of suckepunch or not. I really don't want to listen to it in German to see if it's the good disc or not. I tried searching and couldn't find how to tell. Numbers on extended cut are BVD04354 7000043368R2_L1 01 010MM L1 BVP04353 7000043368R2_LD 01 020MM LD

If anyone knows if my disc is the replacment please let me know. I'm selling it and the guy wants to know if it's the replacement disc. :ohno: Don't know

Was it sealed when you got it? I think the discs that came with the steel were all the faulty discs as i think it sold out before the replacements were available... But, if you got it opened then i wouldn't know, maybe try and find out what the fault is with the audio on youtube or something and compare it to your disc... ;)

Thats all i know though unfortunatly :emb:

Hard to tell..My First Print is sealed :D

The replacment disc got no. 2000065639 / 7000043368

but i think that not a big help :/

Reactions: RayBluRay
If anyone knows if my disc is the replacment please let me know. I'm selling it and the guy wants to know if it's the replacement disc. :ohno: Don't know

i can check the numbers on my replacement discs when i´m at home this evening. My Sucker Punch is still originally sealed but the replacement discs were sent in an thin Amaray

Reactions: RayBluRay

The sound issue is in GER track only: don't you play the GER track? don't worry about the issue :D

Thank for your help. The guy buying it needs to know. Originally I had both discs. but I stored them away and put my american disc in the steelbook. But now that I'm selling it I put the original discs back in it. But I only have one extended disc, not sure where the other one is. But if the one i have is the replacment disc I'm good to go.

Hi,

i have the 1st Steelbook release (without replacement disc) and the 2nd Steelbook release (with printed FSK logo on the front). And I think that the 2nd edition had the correct disc.

The numbers on the extended cut (BLACK DISC) are:
1st edition: 2000051647 / 7000043368 / BD-04
2nd edition: 2000065639 / 7000043368 / BD-04

I hope this helps

Last edited:
One of the best steelbook, the effects are wonderful !!

Damien666: the 2nd release has the age logo printed... I don't know if the finish is the same.

Reactions: BluSteel2012