Super 8 - 10th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: May 24, 2021
Purchase links: SteelBook only - Red Carpet Exclusive
Price: £26.99 (SteelBook only) - £27.99 (Red Carpet Exclusive)
Notes: Red Carpet exclusive includes "o-ring" slipcase

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
The red carpet one went up first but I cancelled when the normal one went live. Looks like a clear plastic slip over anyway and I have no use for a flimsy piece of card over the whole thing. No codes worked on either for me.

The red carpet one went up first but I cancelled when the normal one went live. Looks like a clear plastic slip over anyway and I have no use for a flimsy piece of card over the whole thing. No codes worked on either for me.
And the SLIP front is the same art that's on the back of the steelbook. FAIL!!!

That is an insult to a slip collector ! :naughty::whistle::rofl:
At that point I thought it was another one of those paper thin slide in deals like the goonies. I always try to get the slip covers myself on amaray versions but over a steelbook that has a clear slip seems overkill to me; it’s not a Russian doll lol.

Love the art on this one, only seen the film the once and seem to remember it being much about nothing? I'm sure I've still got the old Steelbook somewhere so might give the film another go soon

Interesting that it includes the Blu-ray disc. North American SteelBook only has the 4K disc but comes with a useless digital code.

Zavvi price $48.99 Canadian. Amazon Canada price has been as low as $29.00 Canadian but is currently $32.91 Canadian.

watch it again... it's a great movie!
Let's be honest, it is a good movie, but far from being great.
I would dare to say even E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (on which this movie is almost certain inspired on) is great but there is A LOT space for even "greater greatness" ;)
But sure, that's my opinion, and you/others have others, which (THIS) is actually GREAT! (cause we're not all "the same", hence various opinions) :) :naughty:

Edit: I for one, consider a better movie, the one that I could re-live same emotions and experiences ("wow&wonder") each time I saw it, even if I saw it let's say just few months apart; so, "rewatchability" if I can say so, and the reliving of close to same degree of experience would make a great movie for me! As an example that come to my mind now, is from a movie that is not so much "appreciated", but EVERY SINGLE TIME I watch it, I find myself "on the tip of the couch" with my pulse risen and saying (out loud): "DAM SHARK! can't it be killed already?!?!" (no, is not Jaws, is The Shallows)

Last edited: