Taken 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Word of caution from an UK HDN Member about HMV (thanks VRob98)

HMV now in administration said:
People should just be aware of 2 things:

1) If you receive a damaged or faulty copy from now on, you will not receive a replacement or refund

2) If they charge your card and are then unable to fulfil your order, you will not be refunded.

The way a company operates whilst under administration is quite different to how it operates normally, and certain consumer rights are suspended. If anything goes wrong you would have to apply to the administrator or claim against your credit card issuer.

I'd encourage everyone who has orders in with HMV to consider the above, as I'd hate to see anyone here lose their money in all of this.

Release Date: February 4th, 2013
Price: £14.99
Amazon UK Buy Link

View attachment 24256

View attachment 24255

Actual pics thanks to huggy2k4:

Attachments

• TAKEN2EXC.JPG
    TAKEN2EXC.JPG
    2.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be surprised if the damage rate to Taken 2 is slightly higher than normal.

It's been made, shipped, stored, sent back, reopened, re-J-carded, sent back out, unboxed, put on a warehouse shelf for picking, re-picked and finally posted.

Reactions: lgans316
Got this today from amazon and gutted - the back literally looks like someone sc***** the blade of a Stanley knife down the edge to scrape off the paint! Worst state I've ever received a steelbook.

Does anyone elses copy of this look a bit mis shaped on the front cover? On mine the top and bottom appear to cave in a little so it isnt straight, the plastic tray isnt a super tight fit on one side on the bottom either. Im not sure if its just weak because of the em/debossing? Im not sure whether to try and order another and see what its like. It doesnt close with much authority either.

Any thoughts appreciated

Slip is plain black (see on Amazon link in opening post) and includes the data sheet so doesnt match.

And ignore my post above, ive taken the front off and its warped to hell so reordered through Amazon, will hopefully get a mint copy and ill send this damaged one back

I've just round to watching this. It's not as bad as I expected, given all the comments by some on how bad it was.

It ticks all the boxes for an action flick and actually enjoyed it for what it is.

I've just round to watching this. It's not as bad as I expected, given all the comments by some on how bad it was.

It ticks all the boxes for an action flick and actually enjoyed it for what it is.

Sounds good to me. I think most of the time people compare to the first and that is always a hard thing to do. Same in video games as well. People expect it to be way better than the previous one. Mass Effect comes to mind.

Just got my replacement from amazon - again, damaged. Scratches on the front and paint chips on the back. They were kind enough to let me keep the original damaged one but I wonder what'll happen when I tell them this ones damaged too.