Taken (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #21) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2018
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip - Lenti Slip - Quarter Slip (Pre-order on August 10 at 10 PM Korea Time, UTC+9). Find your local timings HERE
Price: $34.99 (Quarter Slip) - $35.99 (Full Slip) - $36.99 (Lenti) - $124.99 (Box set)
Notes: Full Slip 1200 copies - Lenti 1200 copies - Quarter Slip 700 copies - Box set 300 copies
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Quarter Slip - Lenti - Full Slip - Box set

37868697_1339874066116362_4873245373520412672_o.jpg37891982_1339873966116372_4701304629932064768_o.jpg37875489_1339873926116376_3705704418713272320_o.jpg37915444_1339873982783037_3571507607204003840_o.jpg
37930897_1339874626116306_2698232780449382400_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep just came home to a letter from Royal Mail. Customs charge 11.10 to pay.

Wonder why nova are changing how they mark the parcels.

Can we ask them as I know it can be hit and miss with customs but most people seem to have been hit this time round.

Just got mine today, after an £11.10 customs charge. The price declared on the label was 20 USD which works out at about £15.29. Isn't the disregard for merchandise £15 and under? If I'm understanding the whole import charge policy, doesn't that seem really petty charging for these things that are on the limit (based on what was declared on the label anyway)?

My parcel was marked the usual $20 in value = Euro €17.16 which is fine as it's under the €22 import value

UK/$ exchange rate changes a lot

$20 = £15.30 so you are over the £15.00 threshold and Vat payment and postal carrier handling fee will apply if your parcel get's checked by UK customs

Even if marked lower customs can ignore the value marked and request you provide your PayPal payment invoice which means you will end up paying lot more

Last edited:
Just got mine today, after an £11.10 customs charge. The price declared on the label was 20 USD which works out at about £15.29. Isn't the disregard for merchandise £15 and under? If I'm understanding the whole import charge policy, doesn't that seem really petty charging for these things that are on the limit (based on what was declared on the label anyway)?

So because of 29p we end up having to pay over £11 in customs charges?!

Is this £15 maximum a new thing? Can we expect this on every imported steel now? If so this is massive and could potentially stop many people from collecting altogether.

Is this £15 maximum a new thing? Can we expect this on every imported steel now? If so this is massive and could potentially stop many people from collecting altogether.
It's not new import threshold to avoid Vat for UK has been £15.00 for years
Anything over £15.00 is subject to Vat payment
It's lucky dip customs select random parcels they inspect for price marked

It's Vat payment and Postal carrier handling fee most of the £11.00 is the handling fee to collect payment

After Brexit this may get lot worse in UK in regards to Vat payments as there is changes coming from 2021

Reactions: ChrisIW
Has the value of the pound dropped so you're not falling under the threshold anymore?

Probably getting away with the same value for years as the GBP pound was stronger......

If the pound against the dollar stays as is, then we will be hit every time. Best to ask Nova to lower the marked box with $15

But as most people will know already, it's not a rule that is enforced 100% of the time. They seem to just pick and choose which ones they want to charge on, do like I said, for so many people to be charged on this specific price seems quite petty. I've had things cost hundreds of pounds slip through without a charge so why choose a small package that has a low price on it?

But as most people will know already, it's not a rule that is enforced 100% of the time. They seem to just pick and choose which ones they want to charge on, do like I said, for so many people to be charged on this specific price seems quite petty. I've had things cost hundreds of pounds slip through without a charge so why choose a small package that has a low price on it?
It's random check so it makes no difference if value is just over £15 or hundreds of £ over
Once customs inspect your parcel for value marked you are likely to be hit for Vat if it's over £15.00

Some parcels will get more attention as in size and weight but smaller parcels it's all random you can go years and never be hit for Vat or be unlucky and be paying regularly

All this changes from 2021 you will be paying Vat on goods ordered direct with the retailer so best to get used to paying Vat on imports

It's random check so it makes no difference if value is just over £15 or hundreds of £ over
Once customs inspect your parcel for value marked you are likely to be hit for Vat if it's over £15.00

Some parcels will get more attention as in size and weight but smaller parcels it's all random you can go years and never be hit for Vat or be unlucky and be paying regularly

All this changes from 2021 you will be paying Vat on goods ordered direct with the retailer so best to get used to paying Vat on imports
I know it's "random," I just thought it was noticeable that several people were mentioning they were randomly chosen for charges.

Reactions: snow flake
I know it's "random," I just thought it was noticeable that several people were mentioning they were randomly chosen for charges.

Yep that was the weird thing for me. Okay I got charged this time, this happens, it was more to do with the fact that a lot of people with the same item got caught this time.

Didn't a bunch of people in the UK get caught with another Korean release also recently?

Its slipped my mind what it was (may have been Wind River)

Maybe the UK are just cracking down on customs more?

It's not random! Customs are well aware of items coming in similar boxes from certain retailers. Customs now check sites like Kimchi. Nova made the mistake or actually putting the title name on the box, THATs what cost us. I have friends at customs and the main entry points know full well about steels coming in. A customs officer tried to snag the entire Kimchi Iron Man shipment, because he knew it was coming in

• Informative
Seems results are mixed on this one. And QC is not stellar either. Opened mine today to see the steel covered in paint chips from the opening side, top to bottom, dings to the full slip and scratches on the lenti, got me a trifecta for a change :LOL:

Emailed Nova with pics and heard back minutes later with two options:

Option 1: nova points

giphy.gif

Option 2: replacement

tenor.gif

Guess which one I went for :p
I contacted nova ...both editions are damaged

their answer:
option 1:
I can send one steelbook back to them for a refund ...but what's with the other damaged steelbook?
Shipping cost will be transformed to NOVA points.

option 2:
3 NOVA points, when I keep the Steelbook ...again, I have two damaged steelbooks.

no replacement option this time. Nova customer service was much better back in the day, but maybe I had bad luck and the employee was a retard this time.
Answered them today. If they dont accept my offer, then I'll buy less Novamedia releases. I cant re-buy each damaged steelbook.

I contacted nova ...both editions are damaged

their answer:
option 1:
I can send one steelbook back to them for a refund ...but what's with the other damaged steelbook?
Shipping cost will be transformed to NOVA points.

option 2:
3 NOVA points, when I keep the Steelbook ...again, I have two damaged steelbooks.

no replacement option this time. Nova customer service was much better back in the day, but maybe I had bad luck and the employee was a retard this time.
Answered them today. If they dont accept my offer, then I'll buy less Novamedia releases. I cant re-buy each damaged steelbook.
And how much are nova points worth? 3 sounds low... is that the equivalent of $3? $30?