UK
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link:
HMV
Zavvi
Price: £19.99-£22.99

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is still in stock by early Nov "Which I think it will be" then it's definitely cancel time as this should have been a £15.99 title and I'm not fighting with Zavvi over a reduction after the fact.

T
If this is still in stock by early Nov "Which I think it will be" then it's definitely cancel time as this should have been a £15.99 title and I'm not fighting with Zavvi over a reduction after the fact.
To be honest. I don't know why anyone would order this from Zavvi when it's cheaper elsewhere.

I can understand the price of £16.99-£19.99 (around €22-€25) which is the normal price for new release steelbooks with HMV. But €41????!!!! How ludicrous.

Reactions: psychoscot
T

To be honest. I don't know why anyone would order this from Zavvi when it's cheaper elsewhere.

I can understand the price of £16.99-£19.99 (around €22-€25) which is the normal price for new release steelbooks with HMV. But €41????!!!! How ludicrous.

Ordered when it went live, before HMV were known to be selling it. Will most likely pick this up instore from HMV. Zavvi price was too much and now it's just a joke at £30!

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Got mine and I have to say it is a contender for worst Steelbook of the year!

Drab matte, over exposed image on the front and the DVD F-up on the spine.

What has happened to Universal, they used to knock even their catalog titles out of the park and now they are so inconsistent and this is just garbage when stood next to my copy of Ted from (I think it was) HMV.

Reactions: Flash
Got mine and I have to say it is a contender for worst Steelbook of the year!

Drab matte, over exposed image on the front and the DVD F-up on the spine.

What has happened to Universal, they used to knock even their catalog titles out of the park and now they are so inconsistent and this is just garbage when stood next to my copy of Ted from (I think it was) HMV.

Totally agree with you, I got my copy today also and wow, I can't even quantify how dissapointed I am with this, it's awful. More noticeably so when you place it next to the first Ted movie steelbook (which was stunning and everything this one is not).

The first is glossy, this is dull Matt

The first is crisp bright white, this is a dull 'barely' white (like a primer undercoat)

The first had sharp, bright crisp imagery, this is overexposed and low res looking

The first had dynamic crisp colours, this has dull, washed out tones.

Really awful. When you've just received stunning steelbooks like the new Star Wars set with the the glossy beautiful artwork and debossing, then you get something like this it just feels so lazy.

Final insult to injury is (as others have posted) the sticker that peels off to reveal 'and DVD' underneath, which ultimately just makes you feel ripped off.
IMO if you haven't purchased this one yet save yourself the hassle.

Watched this last night and I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it. On a par with the first movie for me.

Just goes to show, different strokes fir different folks! If you were to listen to the negativity you'd think it was terrible. I don't know why people who don't like this kind of stuff and know what to expect from these movies even watch them in the first place.

The steelbook itself isn't as bad as some are making out. Ok it's matte compared to the glossy original , but it's not a cheap matte and it's definitely not contender for worst steelbook of the year IMO. I've seen far worse.....

Is there a DVD included with the Korean 'bong' edition?

Not sure what other countries have this package. But at least we got the bong art over here. I thought we were going to get the other artwork option (in the OP-which was also released in Korea)

I love the image of him with a bong (did not know that was the front cover) but hearing how bad the finish is I'll wait for it to go under £10.
I also enjoyed the film and found it as funny as the first