Reading, England
Release date: December 14, 2020
Purchase link: HMV - Zavvi - WB Shop UK
Price: £29.99
Notes: WB Shop includes free Tenet Poster

Tenet (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it's the best, duh! :naughty:

but..but..but.... he ruined batman, Alfred and bane in rises!

Begins is amazing (I see the comments above and will simply ignore them lol) but dark knight is a masterpiece and takes everything over by a landslide. No more will be said on the subject :rofl: ;)

When I first saw Interstellar a while ago I thought it was absolutely brilliant, it was one of my alltime favourite sci-fi's and I didn't rewatch it on purpose for a long time so I could experience it 'freshly' again. Rewatched it 2 weeks ago and I was pretty disappointed. Still liked it but a lot of the magic was gone for me. And the Matt Damon part definitely threw me off. So kinda similar to flloydo's story.

I guess the magic just disappears quickly from a lot of his films when you don't see them on the big screen. I loved Tenet for it's unapologetic Nolan-ness that it had but I think that magic disappears pretty quickly too if I rewatch it at home.
Loved Dunkirk on rewatches though. Nolan's a bit weird to me. Almost all of his movies have aspects that I absolutely love but also parts that I absolutely hate. But regardless of that I do appreciate all of his films for the ambition and there's no denying that the man brought a lot to cinema.

Nolan throwing his toys out the pram and getting annoyed at WB for their 2021 plans of all theatrical releases to go straight on HBOmax is the funniest thing to happen this week. And him not realising the irony that he was a massive influence and a big part of the reason on why they have decided to that is even better

Reactions: Noodles
Nolan throwing his toys out the pram and getting annoyed at WB for their 2021 plans of all theatrical releases to go straight on HBOmax is the funniest thing to happen this week. And him not realising the irony that he was a massive influence and a big part of the reason on why they have decided to that is even better
Made me laugh too... is he forgetting it's also still getting a theatrical release? I've taken a real dislike to him since Tenet.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'm not at all a Nolan apologist, and I wish his comments didn't sound so babyish, but I do understand what he's saying. Studios prioritizing streaming is going to change things—in some positive ways, but a lot of negative ways for those of us who still love going to the theater. I agree with him that WB is making a large decision based on a very abnormal year. I also feel bad for him for the pressure he was under this year with Tenet, which was never going to be The One Movie to determine whether everyone in the world still likes going to the theater. Wonder Woman would have been a much clearer indication, because it has a bigger built-in fanbase and it's something whole families could go to. Even Bond would have been a better choice than Tenet, if there was only going to be one major release in these months.

Closer to home for this forum, though, I expect that instant streaming will lead to the end of physical media releases, so our steelbook days may be numbered.

These are my very subjective thoughts, which are probably wrong. :)

I'm not at all a Nolan apologist, and I wish his comments didn't sound so babyish, but I do understand what he's saying. Studios prioritizing streaming is going to change things—in some positive ways, but a lot of negative ways for those of us who still love going to the theater. I agree with him that WB is making a large decision based on a very abnormal year. I also feel bad for him for the pressure he was under this year with Tenet, which was never going to be The One Movie to determine whether everyone in the world still likes going to the theater. Wonder Woman would have been a much clearer indication, because it has a bigger built-in fanbase and it's something whole families could go to. Even Bond would have been a better choice than Tenet, if there was only going to be one major release in these months.

Closer to home for this forum, though, I expect that instant streaming will lead to the end of physical media releases, so our steelbook days may be numbered.

These are my very subjective thoughts, which are probably wrong. :)

The problem is he thought he was bigger than the virus and pandemic. He was too persistent to release it and didn’t give a sh!t what was going on in the world and that has then backfired on him and the studio. WB have every right to decide what they do to those films as they own the rights. It’s a real sh!tty time, it’s horrible tbh but he’s made that worse and now all the other films/ directors/ actors/ producers etc will suffer. He’s a giant baby.
I think WB have made the right decision. Nolan should of waited but then I still think this might of happened with WB releasing everything simultaneously in 2021

Just a matter of time before the other studios follow suit. Welcome to the new world. And yeah films will loose a lot of money, but maybe that will make the industry realise these actors are paid far too much and the correct cuts will be made going forward

Reactions: zeebeer
Well I mean didn't Nolan also kinda save some cinemas with being so persistent? If he hadn't been, I don't think Warner Bro's would have released any big film at all, and some theaters would not have survived.

Also, cinema's might actually earn MORE per visitor because of this decision. Studio's will probably ask less percentage from the cinemas profits because the studio will already earn a lot from the streaming income. So if people will keep going to the cinema's a lot (time will tell) some of those can still make big profits.
Small indie movie theaters will probably suffer a lot though, which I'm pretty sad about. I love going to a small indie theater near me. Amazing films (The Lighthouse, The Irishman, Parasite etc etc) and no idiots in the audience. Just a group of 35 cinema lovers in one room, watching a great film in total silence:drool: Really hope companies like that will survive this.

Well I mean didn't Nolan also kinda save some cinemas with being so persistent? If he hadn't been, I don't think Warner Bro's would have released any big film at all, and some theaters would not have survived.

Also, cinema's might actually earn MORE per visitor because of this decision. Studio's will probably ask less percentage from the cinemas profits because the studio will already earn a lot from the streaming income. So if people will keep going to the cinema's a lot (time will tell) some of those can still make big profits.
Small indie movie theaters will probably suffer a lot though, which I'm pretty sad about. I love going to a small indie theater near me. Amazing films (The Lighthouse, The Irishman, Parasite etc etc) and no idiots in the audience. Just a group of 35 cinema lovers in one room, watching a great film in total silence:drool: Really hope companies like that will survive this.

oh I agree, its a shame, and I love going to my small indie cinema too (although some idiots do go there) but it’s not just cinemas that’s aren’t surviving. Business/ shops/ pubs etc are closing everyday because of this pandemic. It’s a sh!tshow but unfortunately it is what it is. So many people were not comfortable going to the cinema back in August when it had only been a matter of weeks that most countries had come out their own lockdown. A lot of cinemas will not survive but that’s not as important to me as other people’s lives and the families that are being destroyed because of deaths due to these situations and the other percentage of people not giving a f**k or following their lockdown/ social distancing rules

if I had to choose between a few cinemas closing or family and friends getting ill and potentially dying then I choose the former. Sorry but I do

the catch 22 is I don’t want anyone to loose their jobs, I have friends who are suffering, my home is suffering to a degree but there’s no clear solution at the moment. It’s just a mess

oh I agree, its a shame, and I love going to my small indie cinema too (although some idiots do go there) but it’s not just cinemas that’s aren’t surviving. Business/ shops/ pubs etc are closing everyday because of this pandemic. It’s a sh!tshow but unfortunately it is what it is. So many people were not comfortable going to the cinema back in August when it had only been a matter of weeks that most countries had come out their own lockdown. A lot of cinemas will not survive but that’s not as important to me as other people’s lives and the families that are being destroyed because of deaths due to these situations and the other percentage of people not giving a f**k or following their lockdown/ social distancing rules

if I had to choose between a few cinemas closing or family and friends getting ill and potentially dying then I choose the former. Sorry but I do
Oh yeah absolutely true. I've seen and felt with my own eyes what covid can do to people. But I do understand Nolan a little bit with trying to 'save' the industry. It's just a bit ignorant. But I don't think he can be held responsible for what Warner did with the streaming thing. That would've happened any way I think.

Reactions: Flloydo
I agree that the move to instant streaming was destined to happen eventually (George Lucas and others have been pushing for that kind of shift for many years), but I can see where Nolan probably feels like WB scapegoated him. He's a guy who loves the cinema experience, and now he's always going to be known as the director whose film led directly to the end of that era (if that's what happens).

I actually feel the opposite, @zeebeer — the big cineplex will probably end, and what will be left is small, niche theaters that are more "fancy date destination" options. Going to the theater will be something you have to pay more for, and so it will become more of a special occasion than a "let's see everything on opening night."

And I don't think what's going to suffer is the big salaries for the major stars and blockbusters. What will disappear even more is the smaller, riskier movies that don't have built-in franchise fans. But maybe that will continue apart from major studios, or maybe a whole new system will develop. No matter what, I don't see a future for physical media anymore, which is a shame.

Reactions: zeebeer