Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.83 star(s) Rating: 3.83/5 6 Votes
Title: Tenet (2020)

Tagline: Time runs out.

Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh and more...

Release: 2020-07-17

Plot: An action epic revolving around international espionage, time travel, and evolution.

• Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
OK, got a ticket booked on the south coast, UK, seeing this on Wednesday 26th, but dependent if the environment is after all safe. I will chat about the experience and the movie (no spoilers) if all goes well.

Booked for the first GALACTIC showing here next Friday at 5pm. Cannot wait.
First new movie in the cinema in 173 days (I did see the rerelease of The Goonies about 3 weeks ago, but that doesn't count!)

I’m soooo fkn! pumped right about now because in less than 24 hours I’m watching an advanced screening of Tenet, yes that’s right :joy: and in 4DX :cool::cigar: which is one of only three cinemas in Australia that has these dedicated theatres. Going into this as fresh as I can with only limited viewing of the trailers, man I so can’t wait as it feels like an eternity building up to this moment. Nolan is one of if not the greatest Auteur’s of all time, it’s not even up for debate :notworthy::cigar: and can already tell by the buzz it’s going to be another epic experience from Nolan :drool:

Edit - When booking tickets down here I’m not sure if it’s the same scenario over there but when you select your seats here it automatically cancels out the seats in front, behind, left and right of you but not diagonally as those seats remain available.

Last edited:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
T minus 5 minutes, lock ‘n’ loaded into a 4DX viewing of Tenet :joy::drool::cool:

D7827C19-65C7-4301-A816-F40488DAB91C.jpeg

T minus 5 minutes, lock ‘n’ loaded into a 4DX viewing of Tenet :joy::drool::cool:

View attachment 482644
Yes, I didn't play with booking different seats as I have Tenet on Wednesday, and New Mutants on Saturday. But Seats were greyed out in certain places but unsure of the algorithm.

Are you the only person watching then?

Reactions: willbar84
Yes, I didn't play with booking different seats as I have Tenet on Wednesday, and New Mutants on Saturday. But Seats were greyed out in certain places but unsure of the algorithm.

Are you the only person watching then?

Seems like a similar algorithm like we have down here, haha nah plenty of people in there just behind me and a few in the front rows rocked up after I took the photo maybe 25 all up in the theatre as 4DX has limited seats to begin with compared to a normal theatre. Your going to love Tenet WOW :drool::drool::drool:

You lucky bastard! Enjoy:thumbs:

Thanks mate :thumbs: had an opportunity to get tickets to an advanced screening and took full advantage of it. When are you planning to see it?

I guess @willbar84 - Austrailia 22nd Aug '20 22:39

How was it?

Fkn amazing instant masterpiece :cigar: and is right up there with Nolan’s very best. I would need to give it a second viewing but definitely top 3 it’s sooo good :cool:

I went into this as fresh as I could watching the trailers only a handful of times and oh boy I’m still picking my jaw off the floor. Honestly I don’t even want to say much about it as I want you to get the full experience but damn the ma$$ive action set pieces, holy fk they are so damn impressive Nolan really has outdone himself and there is nothing quite like them out there in Hollywood. He really has set the bar so high it would be impossible to achieve unless it was from himself considering he only used 300 VFX shots in the whole movie which a standard rom com has. Normally a movie has one or two standout showcase action set pieces but your in for a real treat as they are quite a few scattered all throughout the movie plus having 4DX seats really enhanced the action Nolan served up on a silver platter. The setup and payoff plus the story Nolan set out to tell is perfection with everything lining up to a T. There is never a dull moment and found it quite difficult to sneak in a small toilet break as most to all lines where very important to the overall storyline. All actor’s and actresses were amazing in their roles with John Washington and Robert Pattinson nailing their roles 100% so huge props to them as they are a huge asset to Tenet. I literally could go on and on about how amazing this movie was but I fear I would reveal a spoiler of some description. All I can say though is you owe it to yourself to watch this on the big screen.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see it in IMAX Digital next Wednesday. Since when i bought the tickets, the wait to see it seems like an eternity!

Anyways enjoy the new Warner Bros Logo, showed for the first time on screen by Tenet :)

View attachment 482671

OMG in IMAX I am so jealous of you :thumbs: those amazing set pieces are going to look amazing in the larger format :drool: oh yes love the new WB logo :oohyeah: anyways enjoy your session on Wednesday your in for such a treat. When I walked out I literally wanted to walk back into another session and experience it all again as this definitely warrants repeat watching as there’s so much to love and appreciate about this movie.

I am in NYC so theatres are still closed here (not ao comfortable going to one yet anyway). I am hoping to see this in 70mm Imax sometime in the near future!

Yeah totally understandable and definitely worth the wait to see in 70mm IMAX :cool::cigar: I’m sure this will have long legs at the box office and will be around for quite some time to give you your chance in the near future :thumbs:

Reactions: 3Maters
Fkn amazing instant masterpiece :cigar: and is right up there with Nolan’s very best. I would need to give it a second viewing but definitely top 3 it’s sooo good :cool:

I went into this as fresh as I could watching the trailers only a handful of times and oh boy I’m still picking my jaw off the floor. Honestly I don’t even want to say much about it as I want you to get the full experience but damn the ma$$ive action set pieces, holy fk they are so damn impressive Nolan really has outdone himself and there is nothing quite like them out there in Hollywood. He really has set the bar so high it would be impossible to achieve unless it was from himself considering he only used 300 VFX shots in the whole movie which a standard rom com has. Normally a movie has one or two standout showcase action set pieces but your in for a real treat as they are quite a few scattered all throughout the movie plus having 4DX seats really enhanced the action Nolan served up on a silver platter. The setup and payoff plus the story Nolan set out to tell is perfection with everything lining up to a T. There is never a dull moment and found it quite difficult to sneak in a small toilet break as most to all lines where very important to the overall storyline. All actor’s and actresses were amazing in their roles with John Washington and Robert Pattinson nailing their roles 100% so huge props to them as they are a huge asset to Tenet. I literally could go on and on about how amazing this movie was but I fear I would reveal a spoiler of some description. All I can say though is you owe it to yourself to watch this on the big screen.
Really happy you liked it. I cannot wait to see it. Will try to plan a trip to IMAX too.

From the reviews Im reading a lot of people consider it too complex and that it needs multiple viewings to understand it. How was your experience? No spoilers of course :D

I thought it was really great, definitely have to be alert for this one, and the 3rd act, my that's turned up the pace and adrenaline flowing. Without giving too much plot away, there are colors associated with the traversal of where the characters are going in key points, the cinema had one of them colors lit up when exiting. My head was a little immersed with the topic and I thought everything was going in the opposite direction I usually travel, silly me. Nolan fans aren't going to be disappointed.

However, I have one gripe with Nolan, there is always that cut away from the showing of violence and I think it should be a bit visceral and earn a 15 rating. C'mon not everything needs to be a 12A. It's 20 years from Memento, and I'm also that much older (well I was but I lost a year or two for well having my head messed with)...

As for the cinema, there was just under 40 of us and we're social distanced within the rows but I wouldn't say down the rows. Most wore masks, some flaunted rules and didn't through performance. I also realized we have an X screen (270 deg) and I understand that Tenet is playing in that format.

Finally, enjoyed movie and felt safe. So, happy I took the plunge. New Mutants on Saturday...

Reactions: willbar84