Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a mess actually. For the 4K UHD they used the 3D master which was degrained. IMO this is sheer laziness and naivety. We all know the 3D is pure gimmick here and the fanboys will heap praise no matter how it looks. I want a proper 4K UHD and a 2D release in Original aspect ratio with all the grain in fact. I am still waiting for more reviews as it is still a bit early.

Can't Cameron just leave the classics alone? :( The PQ took a major blow because of some Lucas-esque revisionism. Even in 3D this won't look pretty, what with the obvious detail scrubbing and all. The trailer even looked tampered with (with some strong criticisms online) which might have something to do with why it tanked at the box office this year. *sigh*

Reactions: lgans316
when i saw it in the theatre couple months ago it looked great. So I would hope that all the prints (4k or 3d) would look just as good for this release.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
when i saw it in the theatre couple months ago it looked great. So I would hope that all the prints (4k or 3d) would look just as good for this release.

:ass: Exactly. It looked awesome in theatre - 3D and PQ as well. Picture had lot of detailes as far as I remember. DNR my a$$ :coffee:

Wow this is a lot of fuss over 1 f'n movie.
I'm glad I don't give a :censored: about 4K or 3D or DNR. I thought this thread was all about the STEELBOOK which everybody trashed from day 1 because it has 3D on the cover.

Now everybody has seen in hand photos and trashed it AGAIN!

Why Oh Why do you even care anymore? Even a perfect picture isn't going to make you buy the steelbook is it?

It's fine to discuss the film in the Steelbook threads, and it's natural especially for legendary multi=decade franchises. Before folks spend money many evaluate the quality of the film transfer etc itself, and totally fine to express opinions about this. While many folks buy collectibles "just" based only on the case, plenty care about the film itself and how it stacks up against previous versions, etc. It's not reasonable to expect that folks won't ever talk about the movie inside the case ;)

I have thought long and hard about this. I decided to keep my order in and see what comes next. I have always loved the first 2 Terminator movies and these are prime entertainment. Never cared much for the others in the series.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Wow this is a lot of fuss over 1 f'n movie.
I'm glad I don't give a :censored: about 4K or 3D or DNR. I thought this thread was all about the STEELBOOK which everybody trashed from day 1 because it has 3D on the cover.

Now everybody has seen in hand photos and trashed it AGAIN!

Why Oh Why do you even care anymore? Even a perfect picture isn't going to make you buy the steelbook is it?

It is because of attitude like this Studios go lazy and don't get it right. Because of outcry from movie fans who truly care about Picture Quality, Studios were forced to remaster popular films like Fifth Element, Gangs of New York, T1, RoboCop etc. T2 is easily amongst the top 50 films of all time and it deserves 100% proper treatment by both the director and the Studios. I not a reviewer but I take Picture and Sound quality seriously.

I still have some hope that this is not DNRed. Time will tell.

It is because of attitude like this Studios go lazy and don't get it right. Because of outcry from movie fans who truly care about Picture Quality, Studios were forced to remaster popular films like Fifth Element, Gangs of New York, T1, RoboCop etc. T2 is easily amongst the top 50 films of all time and it deserves 100% proper treatment by both the director and the Studios. I not a reviewer but I take Picture and Sound quality seriously.

I still have some hope that this is not DNRed. Time will tell.

I understand. But if James Cameron can't be bothered with what people want, and is only concerned with what he wants (which is 3D forever for his 700 Avatar movies, and 4K to f-f-f-fade away) then who is going to fix it?

And how does that fix the steelbook?

T2 has left the station and it ain't coming back.
Next stop. F'n up True Lies.

I dont know what your smoking but it looks miles better. The only one that looks funky is the first screen cap. All the others are outstanding for the 4K edition compared to the blu-ray.

If you like waxy faces, smudgy surfaces, DNR-erased details (like sparks) and fake sharpness via edge enhancement, it looks "miles better", I guess. Otherwise it's a desaster.

RIP T2. I guess the 2015 release is as good as it's gonna get.

Yeah, the Lionsgate could do with a clean-up especially with all the debris, but other than that it's clearly the most detailed and organic looking transfer. The screenshot above of the 2017 release looks blurry. It's not a filmic image at all.