Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11515044-1284500093120690.jpg

11515044-1094500093176202.jpg11515044-1454500093245247.jpg

Extras:
  • NEW – T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and many more)
  • 2 feature Commentaries; 23 members of Cast & Crew (1993)/ director James Cameron & co-author William Wisher
  • The making of T2 –1993
  • Seamless Branching of the Theatrical cut, Director’s Cut and Special extended edition
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with audio commentary
  • Trailers – NEW T2:3D trailer (2017) T2 theatrical trailer ‘This time there are two’/ ‘Same make new mission’/ Building the perfect Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy needs to sort out how he takes screenshots, pixelation and crush all over the place. 4K does clearer, but the DNR makes the actor's faces look like Plasticine... guess the true test will be when I receive it
I fast forwarded through the whole movie and I from what I have seen it doesn't look that bad at all. I think the screenshots seen right now on the internet are the few scenes where it's more obvious (DNR), knowing people they immediately say the whole movie sucks!
This evening I am going to watch it to know for sure, and again, the few minutes I have seen I thought it looked great. I particularly looked at the faces.

Quite like the look of it myself. Very glad I opted for the US version of the Endoarm. Miss out on 3D but do get 7.1 on the 4K.

Some of you may disagree with me, but (despite the few obvious waxy scenes, and hey, not every movie is perfect!!!) this is really a beauty! The colors, the details....man o man, I’ve enjoyed watching it again.

Definitely recommended!

I'm guessing that I'm gonna like this too, people have been worked up about other things like this before (Predator for example), and I've watched it and been pleasantly surprised. Then again I'm from the "grain is bad" school of thought - give me a silky smooth picture any day :cool:;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Bungral and rschiks
I'm guessing that I'm gonna like this too, people have been worked up about other things like this before (Predator for example), and I've watched it and been pleasantly surprised. Then again I'm from the "grain is bad" school of thought - give me a silky smooth picture any day :cool:;)

If you liked Predator Blu-ray transfer then surely you deserve to be in Fox / MGM board of directors panel. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: WKRP
If you like waxy faces, smudgy surfaces, DNR-erased details (like sparks) and fake sharpness via edge enhancement, it looks "miles better", I guess. Otherwise it's a desaster.

RIP T2. I guess the 2015 release is as good as it's gonna get.

DNR is not always just black and white. I see alot more detail in a bunch of those images. The one image with the stunt double is bad I am not saying it isnt, but the blu ray looks bad in that scene as well. You cant tell me that the detail difference in Sarah Connners face is bad. It is a huge increase in detail and looks great. I suppose you can go back and watch out of focus blu-rays if you want.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bungral
You guys can complain til your blue in the face. I will be watching this in 4K in a couple days and it will look way better than any other edition out there. Way more detail in those screenshots. Not everything is perfect. Heck lots of films have out of focus scenes and they try their best to do what they can with it.

I am just wondering if the negatives had any grain at all in the first place. It looks more digital than film but if the negatives don't have any grain I am not sure why it should be carried over into the new remaster.

The remastered laserdisc that was done at the time for Terminator had plenty of grain but Terminator 2 always had very little grain on the film stock even on the special edition T2 laserdisc box set. Certainly the Predator laserdisc had serious grain which is as it should be which subsequently was totally removed to turn the film into the video disaster it is today. Aliens was probably the grainiest film I saw in the cinema in the 80's and it got the Predator treatment too a few years back. It just didn't look right.
Grain is part and parcel of film. Remove it and you are removing the detail, it's as simple as that. Just been comparing my laserdiscs to the blu-rays and boy have they gone overboard in removing the grain. Why do they hate something that is part and parcel of the physical make up of film emulsions?