Oct 26, 2011
Chicago, USA
Release Date: November 10th, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator: Genisys Steelbook
Price: $24.99

terminator genisys.jpg

tfull.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, it's a really good deal! Awesome steel, with a superb glossy effect..

This was actually the first steelbook I ever purchased. I saw the movie in the theatre, I enjoyed it, especially the recreated scenes from past movies and the twists they put on them.

I believe when this came out at Best Buy in Canada it may have been on sale at one point for something like
$14.99 Canadian. I think that was even cheaper than the regular amaray version. I liked the white steelbook and the red title on the spine. At that point in time (and still today) I didn't buy new release movies at full price or even sale prices. I would only buy older movies on blu-ray for 5 bucks or less.

But seeing this at the front of the store on the new release rack among many copies, I dunno, I decided I had to have it and knew right then that this was going to start me down a path that I probably didn't want to go.

@Drum18 do you recall if the Terminator Genisys steelbook was on sale around that time?

I figured it had to do with 2 things. 1) it was from Paramount, still the lowest prices for movies and 2) I figured they needed to sell tons of copies to make some money back to make up for the lack of Box Office.
I remember the 3D amaray kept going on sale for $11.99 or less.

Around that same time, unless I bought it first, I ordered the new release of the Back To The Future 30th Anniversary trilogy steelbook online from Best Buy. Back to the Future happens to be my favourite movie of all time.

And then there was no turning back.

Anyway...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
This was actually the first steelbook I ever purchased. I saw the movie in the theatre, I enjoyed it, especially the recreated scenes from past movies and the twists they put on them.

I believe when this came out at Best Buy in Canada it may have been on sale at one point for something like
$14.99 Canadian. I think that was even cheaper than the regular amaray version. I liked the white steelbook and the red title on the spine. At that point in time (and still today) I didn't buy new release movies at full price or even sale prices. I would only buy older movies on blu-ray for 5 bucks or less.

But seeing this at the front of the store on the new release rack among many copies, I dunno, I decided I had to have it and knew right then that this was going to start me down a path that I probably didn't want to go.

@Drum18 do you recall if the Terminator Genisys steelbook was on sale around that time?

I figured it had to do with 2 things. 1) it was from Paramount, still the lowest prices for movies and 2) I figured they needed to sell tons of copies to make some money back to make up for the lack of Box Office.
I remember the 3D amaray kept going on sale for $11.99 or less.

Around that same time, unless I bought it first, I ordered the new release of the Back To The Future 30th Anniversary trilogy steelbook online from Best Buy. Back to the Future happens to be my favourite movie of all time.

And then there was no turning back.

Anyway...
As a mather of fact, I do remember. It was a Black Friday deal for $12.99... could not beat that price!
See here

And if you got BTTF Trilogy Steel, consider you lucky. Those were really rare back in the day as it was one of the first steel that was Online Only and back then, we weren't used to that... now it's almost the norm...

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
As a mather of fact, I do remember. It was a Black Friday deal for $12.99... could not beat that price!
See here

And if you got BTTF Trilogy Steel, consider you lucky. Those were really rare back in the day as it was one of the first steel that was Online Only and back then, we weren't used to that... now it's almost the norm...

I knew you would have that information :D. I read through the 4 pages and it was very interesting to see that not much has changed here in 2 years :LOL:.

Yes that all makes sense and I'm starting to remember clearly now.
I obviously would have been in there for the Black Friday deals. And yes it was $12.99 which is definitely why I had to have it. I remember there were a lot of copies on display which made it look even more impressive.

I forgot about BTTF being online only and that is why I ordered it.
I didn't order anything online back then. Of course that's all I do now.

I do remember struggling with my conscience on the BTTF steel because I already owned a blu-ray box set and I couldn't understand why I needed another set. Then I couldn't make up my mind between the steelbook and the complete adventures flux box (both were way out of my price range at the time) but that time of the season can make you buy stuff you normally wouldn't.

Of course I eventually bought both thinking I would return one of them.
Like I mentioned earlier, it's my favourite movie. So here's how that went.

Image.jpg Image (1).jpg Image (2).jpg Image (4).jpg Image (3).jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18