FFO, Germany
Release date: May 23rd, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk
Price: £16.99

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never watched Twilight and never will. It's fine if these teen movies have some substance to them, but the vast majority don't. Hunger Games, like you, I really enjoyed, although Mockingjay Part 1 I thought wasn't that good, yet to see part 2 which I heard was a lot better, and same as you, I haven't seen the 2nd maze runner. Difference is, these movies had a story to deliver, unlike most of this teen rubbish they keep throwing out. A waste of talent too as Chole Mortez is a good actress.

Teen movies are getting so bad now that not even a spoof can get it right!!View attachment 214329

I'll never watch the twilight films either. Can't stand R-twats

Lol I used to be a fan of not another teen movie. Been a While though.

She's 18 hence moral and legal! :naughty::naughty::naughty::rofl:

Completely agree lol and I'm mad over Shailene woodley. She's so hot in the descendants and a great actress in it too.

This film was cool for the first 20 minutes or so... But then it suddenly felt like it was being made by entirely different people and it turned into a generic, uneventful film filled with BS teeny romance (AKA "I saw that guy naked, I'm in love with him all of the sudden and love beats everything") and a crappy plot devoid of any kind of closure.

It showed a lot of potential, and I love Chloë, but it was a pretty terrible film. Here's my review if any of you are interested.

This is the sort of film I really want to like but my gut feeling is that it's not going to be worth a blind buy. It has too much of a Robot Overlords feel about it to me - and that was just as bad as I feared.
To be fair, if the name of the film is Robot Overlords, I wouldn't hold out for it being a an Oscar contender!:LOL:

Reactions: ChrisIW
I'm not a big fan of these adaptions, but liked one or two. For me Chloe Grace Moretz is the one reason I'm really intersted in The 5th Wave. Although my favourite role of hers is Hit-Girl, but I just love to see her in movies. Huge Cabret, If I Stay, The Equalizer...liked all of them. So I'll definitely have a look at The 5th Wave and hope they'll think about a nice artwork for the steelbook!

Chloe Moretz = instant purchase. If shes in it I own it!

@psychoscot I saw the film today and not even the presence of Chloe Moretz can save this turkey. I went with fairly low expectations and it really is every bit as bad as the reviews have stated. This is one Steelbook that I definitely won't be adding to my collection.

The one consolation was that halfway through the screening a synchronization problem developed, so I was refunded the cost of my ticket and given a complimentary ticket for another film of my choice.

Obviously, it's all down to personal taste and I'm sure that many will actually enjoy it. I just found it all rather preposterous.

Reactions: luke98 and harry
This film was cool for the first 20 minutes or so... But then it suddenly felt like it was being made by entirely different people and it turned into a generic, uneventful film filled with BS teeny romance (AKA "I saw that guy naked, I'm in love with him all of the sudden and love beats everything") and a crappy plot devoid of any kind of closure.

It showed a lot of potential, and I love Chloë, but it was a pretty terrible film. Here's my review if any of you are interested.
There's an entire section on this forum for movie discussion and this is not it. Why are there so many posts in this thread that only talk about the movie and say nothing about the steelbook?

Really excited that we're getting more and more steelbooks for movies like this! Going to check this movie out in the next week or two.

There's an entire section on this forum for movie discussion and this is not it. Why are there so many posts in this thread that only talk about the movie and say nothing about the steelbook?

Really excited that we're getting more and more steelbooks for movies like this! Going to check this movie out in the next week or two.

with the respect, how can anyone talk about a steelbook that has not been released? where art is 90% of the time art to be confirmed etc etc etc and yes you talked about the film as well.

personally i think it is nice to have some talk of a film within a steel thread, otherwise people just buy blindly and then kick off how bad a film is and why did no one say anything. people don't always want to check every bit of this board as we all lead busy lives.

and for my 2pence its a pile of dogs mess, glad to be avoiding this one

basil :thumbs:

Children / teenagers with aliens movies . . . in order of preference:-
(1) E.T. (2) FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR (3) THE FACULTY (4) I AM NUMBER FOUR (5) ATTACK THE BLOCK (6) ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN
CGM certainly made an impression as 11 year old Hit-girl in KICK-ASS !

Not heard a dicky-bird about this one until I chanced upon a thread for it.

EDIT 29/1: Amazon price now showing GBP 18.99 with HMV price GBP 34.99 (LOL) and Zavvi GBP 19.99.

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
@psychoscot I saw the film today and not even the presence of Chloe Moretz can save this turkey. I went with fairly low expectations and it really is every bit as bad as the reviews have stated. This is one Steelbook that I definitely won't be adding to my collection.

The one consolation was that halfway through the screening a synchronization problem developed, so I was refunded the cost of my ticket and given a complimentary ticket for another film of my choice.

Obviously, it's all down to personal taste and I'm sure that many will actually enjoy it. I just found it all rather preposterous.

Oh dear, cheers for the heads up sir! Might have to watch this before purchasing

Reactions: augustus
Anything that has low or real average ratings I make sure I watch before I consider buying it, I won't be going to the cinema for this one though, I'll be watching the thread for now.