Notes; 2 cuts, slipcover in the original pressing
Group buy: posted by apsmith21

191855_front.jpg

81crdwPYQJL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which european version is best to get?
For those of us in the UK do you mean?

Italy or Germany most likely.
The French version may come with hard fixed subtitles and a translated title on the slip. That's always a possibility as well.
The J Card information on the reverse will always be in the local language but some European countries also localise the film title on the front. Especially in France.
If you're not bothered by that, then any of them should do.
I'd imagine they will all be the same specifications as the US release.

Last edited:
Reactions: jampot
For those of us in the UK do you mean?

Italy or Germany most likely.
The French version may come with hard fixed subtitles and a translated title on the slip. That's always a possibility as well.
The J Card information on the reverse will always be in the local language but some European countries also localise the film title on the front. Especially in France.
If you're not bothered by that, then any of them should do.
I'd imagine they will all be the same specifications as the US release.

@jampot

What's wrong w/ Nordic. Comes w/ eng subs. No hard subs.

Reactions: jampot
Will the Euro o-ring slips have the same finish and embossing as the USA versions?
I'm going to say no based on the True Lies release, but we won't know for sure until they release.
I think Aliens is first in the EU? Maybe next week.

Reactions: MM3
I'm going to say no based on the True Lies release, but we won't know for sure until they release.
The UK slip for True Lies is roughly the same. The only differences are the edges aren't rounded and the annoying ratings logos that are printed on, but the UK slip is also embossed. I suppose you could buy the Italian editions, except the text on the back will be in Italian. Hopefully people in Europe will get holofoil finish on Aliens and The Abyss. Happy with my US editions, but wouldn't be surprised if they come out with 4K steelbooks or some other kind of limited versions for these last 3 Cameron movies soon.

Reactions: TheWildEye
The UK slip for True Lies is roughly the same. The only differences are the edges aren't rounded and the annoying ratings logos that are printed on, but the UK slip is also embossed. I suppose you could buy the Italian editions, except the text on the back will be in Italian. Hopefully people in Europe will get holofoil finish on Aliens and The Abyss. Happy with my US editions, but wouldn't be surprised if they come out with 4K steelbooks or some other kind of limited versions for these last 3 Cameron movies soon.
It seems that missing out on the steelbook market would be a waste of profit for Disney/Fox, so I agree that we should *hopefully* see these in a limited edition form.
Got to be right? :D

Reactions: MM3
I've been looking at the Italian version of this. €30 plus 3 for p&p. Still a far better deal than what people are charging on ebay for a bloody amaray.

Scandinavia get all 2024-04-29

Edit : ordered Aliens n Abyss. Will report ASAP.

Last edited: