The Aviator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 30,2014
Purchase link: The Aviator Sold Out
Price: £16.99
Notes: Worldwide Exclusive Artwork, Limited to 2000 units, Embossed ,Spot Gloss finish

10892766-1389359282-77530.jpg

I0ncyg4.png

65ITV5g.png

y4GKWmB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today courtesy of blurayhunter aka Andy. Thanks a bunch for giving up your spare copy! :scat:

Impressions of it ... the metallic / matte paint finish works for the front, but not the back. The silver metal shining through along the edge of Leo's nose just looks very odd esp if viewed at certain angles. Not exactly sure why they bothered glossing just the plane and 3 of the edges and left the spine out. Very inconsistent in terms of finish overall, but I do like the design. Inside black and white picture, works for me as well.

Always been a crap shoot with zavvi listing things as Region B. In the case of the Die Hard series, listed as Region B (even on discs), but worked fine. Too bad this isn't case with The Aviator. It says right away that the disc will only play on Region B players. I guess I'll be looking for a cheap copy of the amaray shortly ($5 would be nice!).

Cheers!

Last edited:
I actually had trouble playing this on my PC which is where I play all of my region locked discs. Anyone else tried playing this on a PC bluray drive? I use PowerDVD as my playback software, and have never experienced any difficulty before.

I actually had trouble playing this on my PC which is where I play all of my region locked discs. Anyone else tried playing this on a PC bluray drive? I use PowerDVD as my playback software, and have never experienced any difficulty before.

Didn't work for me either using PowerDVD on my PC. Same message that it is region locked to B.

What? Really?
resized_fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-i-can-t-tell-if-this-is-funny-because-you-re-joking-or-if-it-s-funny-because-you-re-serious-747525.jpg
Why would I not be serious? I think the front cover design and the palette used is perfect for the film, and the silver embossing of the title gives it a classic and classy feel for the era in which the film is set. I'm also a fan of steelbooks with frames which helps. I'm on 120 steelbooks and this is my favourite, but it sounds like it's not yours, which is fair enough. Taste is subjective though of course.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Why would I not be serious? I think the front cover design and the palette used is perfect for the film, and the silver embossing of the title gives it a classic and classy feel for the era in which the film is set. I'm also a fan of steelbooks with frames which helps. I'm on 120 steelbooks and this is my favourite, but it sounds like it's not yours, which is fair enough. Taste is subjective though of course.
Absolutely. Glad you're happy with it. Good film aswell .

As time as gone on, I also appreciate more the artwork/design, the colour, and the embossing reminiscent of HMVs Thor.

It graces my collection quite beautifully.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
finally i got a nice deal on this steel and got it yesterday, it's nice and i know you will try to kill me for what i will say but i still like better my French one, thats why i didn get this on release but it always bugged me no to do it, so when i wanted to have it it was so expensive i kept on putting it behind but at 25 dollars shipped i couldnt resist any longer! lol

finally i got a nice deal on this steel and got it yesterday, it's nice and i know you will try to kill me for what i will say but i still like better my French one, thats why i didn get this on release but it always bugged me no to do it, so when i wanted to have it it was so expensive i kept on putting it behind but at 25 dollars shipped i couldnt resist any longer! lol
:OMG: Dude, I just got this one yesterday!! :OMG:

Joking!! :p :rofl:

Or am I..........? :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tono06