The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

George Clooney's Batman advice to Ben Affleck: 'Don't do it'

From one Batman to another, George Clooney offered some pretty simple but memorable advice to Ben Affleck: “Don’t do it.”

While speaking with The Hollywood Reporter’s Awards Chatter podcast, the actor behind Bruce Wayne in 1997’s Batman & Robin revealed he did give some words of wisdom to Affleck when the two worked together on Argo before Affleck would take on The Dark Knight in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. (Clooney was a producer on Argo.)

“I actually did talk to him about it. I said, ‘Don’t do it.’” Clooney said. “It was only from my experience, which is, you know… He did great, though.”

The two-time Oscar winner was speaking from his own experience in Batman & Robin, which starred Chris O’Donnell as Robin, Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze, and Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy.

“Schwarzenegger was paid, I think, $25 million for that, which was like 20 times more than I was paid for it, and, you know, we never even worked together,” Clooney recalled. “We worked together one day. But I took all the heat. Now, fair deal; I was playing Batman and I wasn’t good in it, and it wasn’t a good film, but what I learned from that failure was, I had to rethink how I was working. Because now I wasn’t just an actor getting a role, I was being held responsible for the film itself.”

via EW

Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’ for Matt Reeves and Warner Bros.

He’s going from sex symbol to bat symbol. Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson is in negotiations to play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

While sources say it’s not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it’s expected to close shortly. Warner Bros. had no comment.

SOURCE

Reactions: willbar84
@Noodles
Update: The plot thickens. Nicholas Hoult is reportedly up for the role of Batman as well, according to DEADLINE.

D6uyboFU0AAhFka.jpg

IMO. I think BOTH are great choices.
But I actually find Pattinson the more interesting choice. I think he could do something really special with the role and surprise us!
Hoult might be more of a safer / obvious choice.

I'm fine with either actor and just excited this is finally starting to come together!

@Noodles
Update: The plot thickens. Nicholas Hoult is reportedly up for the role of Batman as well, according to DEADLINE.

D6uyboFU0AAhFka.jpg

IMO. I think BOTH are great choices.
But I actually find Pattinson the more interesting choice. I think he could do something really special with the role and surprise us!
Hoult might be more of a safer / obvious choice.

I'm fine with either actor and just excited this is finally starting to come together!

Pattison would be cool. Not seen any twilight movies, mind you.

I think its too soon to judge, because we dont know what will be Reeves' take on the character, but so far Im pretty happy for Pattinson. He can definitely act and this could be a very good time for him, being cast as Batman and also in the upcoming Nolan film. I wish him well.

I think its too soon to judge, because we dont know what will be Reeves' take on the character, but so far Im pretty happy for Pattinson. He can definitely act and this could be a very good time for him, being cast as Batman and also in the upcoming Nolan film. I wish him well.

I see what you did there ;) lol

images

From all the reports I've read we're going to see a noir Batman film with him being the world's greatest detective.

I think Pattinson will smash it. He has dark brooding Batman in his locker. Can he get Bruce Wayne right? I think he can, we'll see.

One of my mates is mad that 'the guy from Twilight' is Batman. Had to remind him that one of the greatest villain's in cinema was 'the guy from 10 things I hate about you'.

6548FBB3-25A5-4C71-A32C-DE0853EDA7B4.jpeg

#RobertBattinson finally vampires can turn into bats :LOL:

Seriously though that came out of left field but honestly I reckon it’s a great choice once you disconnect him from the twilight movies which were many moons ago. As Pattinson has been delving into Arthouse as of late this is a great fit with his acting talents for Reeve’s ‘The Batman’ as it is based on a film noir of the World’s Greatest Detective a’ la Batman : TAS :joy: I was actually more worried about WB using a no namer / rookie actor to play Bruce / Batman so I’m more than happy with this choice and can’t wait to see Reeve’s and Pattinson’s iteration of Batman.