The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

@Noodles
Update: The plot thickens. Nicholas Hoult is reportedly up for the role of Batman as well, according to DEADLINE.

D6uyboFU0AAhFka.jpg

IMO. I think BOTH are great choices.
But I actually find Pattinson the more interesting choice. I think he could do something really special with the role and surprise us!
Hoult might be more of a safer / obvious choice.

I'm fine with either actor and just excited this is finally starting to come together!
I'd much rather have Pattinson over Hoult. The more I think about, the more I can see Pattinson as Batman... he certainly has the chin/jaw for it lol.

View attachment 427502

#RobertBattinson finally vampires can turn into bats :LOL:

Seriously though that came out of left field but honestly I reckon it’s a great choice once you disconnect him from the twilight movies which were many moons ago. As Pattinson has been delving into Arthouse as of late this is a great fit with his acting talents for Reeve’s ‘The Batman’ as it is based on a film noir of the World’s Greatest Detective a’ la Batman : TAS :joy: I was actually more worried about WB using a no namer / rookie actor to play Bruce / Batman so I’m more than happy with this choice and can’t wait to see Reeve’s and Pattinson’s iteration of Batman.
Seeing images like that convinces me he'll make a perfect Batman/Bruce when it comes to the look. And I completely agree with you... he's been in some really good films since the Twilight saga, so his acting abilities was never a question for me. Funny how my opinion has completely changed since this morning... I now really want him to play Batman lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
Seeing images like that convinces me he'll make a perfect Batman/Bruce when it comes to the look. And I completely agree with you... he's been in some really good films since the Twilight saga, so his acting abilities was never a question for me. Funny how my opinion has completely changed since this morning... I now really want him to play Batman lol.

The two movies that come to mind that he’s brilliant in is Remember Me and especially Good Time, damn he can act! Definitely caught me by surprise though initially but have complete faith with Reeve’s decision.

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred and Noodles
View attachment 427502

#RobertBattinson finally vampires can turn into bats :LOL:

Seriously though that came out of left field but honestly I reckon it’s a great choice once you disconnect him from the twilight movies which were many moons ago. As Pattinson has been delving into Arthouse as of late this is a great fit with his acting talents for Reeve’s ‘The Batman’ as it is based on a film noir of the World’s Greatest Detective a’ la Batman : TAS :joy: I was actually more worried about WB using a no namer / rookie actor to play Bruce / Batman so I’m more than happy with this choice and can’t wait to see Reeve’s and Pattinson’s iteration of Batman.
There is no script.
So there is no confirmation that it will be Noir or a detective story yet.
First a Batwoman trailer, now this.
A bad day for the Batman legacy.
Bill Finger is rolling in his grave.

There is no script.

:whistle:

1558092695297.jpeg

So there is no confirmation that it will be Noir or a detective story yet.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1033543-matt-reeves-talks-details-of-his-noir-batman-movie

“It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale,”Reeves confirmed. “It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation… There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We’re starting to put together our battle plan. I’m doing another pass on the script and we’ll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things… We haven’t been dated. I wouldn’t commit to this, but we’re thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story.”

:whistle:

View attachment 427523

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1033543-matt-reeves-talks-details-of-his-noir-batman-movie

“It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale,”Reeves confirmed. “It’s told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation… There will be a Rogues Gallery. The casting process will begin shortly. We’re starting to put together our battle plan. I’m doing another pass on the script and we’ll begin some long-lead stuff to start developing conceptual things… We haven’t been dated. I wouldn’t commit to this, but we’re thinking the movie would probably be for 2021, late spring or summer. Warner Bros. has been incredibly supportive and given me a lot of time and shared the same passion that I do for this story.”
It's all talk until there is a script.
Many things change from inception to final draft.

It's all talk until there is a script.
Many things change from inception to final draft.

True but can’t see the premise of his ‘The Batman’ to change as the script comes in at a whopping 160 pages which Reeve’s is currently in progress to shorting it down along with a few revisions.

True but can’t see the premise of his ‘The Batman’ to change as the script comes in at a whopping 160 pages which Reeve’s is currently in progress to shorting it down along with a few revisions.
But he will also be getting script notes from the actors and their managers, from producers and executives, ect.
A script is rarely the same from point A -> Z. (For better or worse).
Believe me, I hope it is a detective noir like the comics. But, I also have first hand knowledge of how the sausage is made.;)

But he will also be getting script notes from the actors and their managers, from producers and executives, ect.
A script is rarely the same from point A -> Z. (For better or worse).
Believe me, I hope it is a detective noir like the comics. But, I also have first hand knowledge of how the sausage is made.;)

Cheers mate, appreciate the insight :thumbs: and will keep my fingers crossed for a detective noir :cigar::happy:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
The two movies that come to mind that he’s brilliant in is Remember Me and especially Good Time, damn he can act! Definitely caught me by surprise though initially but have complete faith with Reeve’s decision.
I've not seen Remember Me, but I loved Good Time! And, yeah... I have total faith in Reeve's too. :)

• Thanks
It wouldn't surprise me to see some of the other actors who were in the running for Batman get parts in the film. Nicholas Hoult would make a great Riddler and Armie Hammer would be a good Harvey Dent. What I'm interested to see is if they'll keep Jeremy Irons and J.K Simmons on. I hope they do.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some of the other actors who were in the running for Batman get parts in the film. Nicholas Hoult would make a great Riddler and Armie Hammer would be a good Harvey Dent. What I'm interested to see is if they'll keep Jeremy Irons and J.K Simmons on. I hope they do.
Irons and Simmons were perfectly cast! It'd be a real shame to see them go to waste by recasting the characters IMO.

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred