The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

Hope this is gonna be R rated

Pattinson and I had the same reaction watching Bane And Batman fight in the Dark knight.

ezgif-1-0641c282036b.gif

That's one of the best trailers I've seen in a long time.

I really hope that when things are fully back to normal that DC just stay away from comic con. The amount of buzz they can create by doing their own thing is surely better value than sharing a weekend with Marvel.

Totally agree as the reception for DC FanDome has been overwhelming massive as the buzz is literally generating its own energy for the fandom. DC fans just keep on winning as this event was truly for the fans and it shows in spades, next stop WW84 then steamrolling right into 2021 and beyond :drool::cigar:

Holy ish... that has to be one of the best trailers I've seen in a long time, and they've only shot a quarter of the film?! These are the types of films I expect from DC... dark and brutal (like Joker). Love how the costumes look homemade too, makes the characters feel more realistic/believable IMO. I was pumped before, but my excitement has just gone to another level!

Yep this is Penguin / Farrell you can tell by his eyes, the makeup ‘n’ prosthetics team have done a great job :cigar:

View attachment 482746
View attachment 482747

and yes Reeve’s confirmed in his Panel Gotham City will be based in Liverpool using it as it’s architecture with some CGI aspects

I can’t even tell by the eyes. But at the end of the trailer you see him driving and moving his head more plus you can hear it’s him and his laugh.

Love the riddlers look and his voice too

One of the best trailers I've seen in years. And considering its only from 25% of the shoot, I think this is in safe hands.
I always had faith in Reeves & knew Pattinson would do good in the role but this far exceeded my expectations.

Its gritty & dark, & looks like an actual detective story. It looks like Seven, just with a dude dressed as a bat.
I'm all the way on board for this, probably my most anticipated movie coming soon, after seeing that footage.

Totally agree as the reception for DC FanDome has been overwhelming massive as the buzz is literally generating its own energy for the fandom. DC fans just keep on winning as this event was truly for the fans and it shows in spades, next stop WW84 then steamrolling right into 2021 and beyond :drool::cigar:
Totally agree, although they need to make sure they don’t ruin it with any future aquaman announcements!!
BEA1836F-8507-45DD-9CE6-8CE5B87ED22A.gif

I’ve watched this trailer about 30 times today. Lol.

cant remember a trailer that last made me do that. Possibly infinity war but I’m sure it was a lot further back than that. Possibly matrix reloaded!

Wasn't sure about this when I first saw the trailer this morning, just watched it a couple more times this evening and now I'm looking forward to it.

My main criticism when I watched it this morning though does still apply now, tonally I'm not seeing anything different to Nolan's TDK trilogy or that set by Affleck in BVS. Not that I want to see something akin to Joel Schumacher's Batman (god forbid) but maybe something just a little less dark and broody would help this standout more as a fresh take on Batman rather than the same old just with a new actor in tow

That being said this is just the first trailer showing what little of the film is 'done' so the final product may be completely different, I definitely hope with this Batman at the very least they really focus on his detective skills that all the other iterations have more or less completely ignored