The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

Wasn't sure about this when I first saw the trailer this morning, just watched it a couple more times this evening and now I'm looking forward to it.

My main criticism when I watched it this morning though does still apply now, tonally I'm not seeing anything different to Nolan's TDK trilogy or that set by Affleck in BVS. Not that I want to see something akin to Joel Schumacher's Batman (god forbid) but maybe something just a little less dark and broody would help this standout more as a fresh take on Batman rather than the same old just with a new actor in tow

That being said this is just the first trailer showing what little of the film is 'done' so the final product may be completely different, I definitely hope with this Batman at the very least they really focus on his detective skills that all the other iterations have more or less completely ignored

Apparently it does focus heavily on him being more of a detective. Working on a series of murders

I’ll be honest though. I want dark DC films. Especially batman. And I think this has a more joker style dark feel compared to Nolan’s/ bale Batman’s and Affleck batman.
Nolan’s Batman’s aren’t that dark imo. Well made and definitely a adult feel but it’s not as brutal as I once thought. But then Nolan refuses to show blood. Even with the joker and the pencil trick and slicing mouths. Never any blood. You don’t really see bales Batman properly smash people either in battles. I mean you do but not as savage as say afflecks warehouse fight in BvS and the end of this trailer.
I think this could be the best route for a batman film. Real dark, broody, moody and savage. I’m all for it

Apparently it does focus heavily on him being more of a detective. Working on a series of murders

I’ll be honest though. I want dark DC films. Especially batman. And I think this has a more joker style dark feel compared to Nolan’s/ bale Batman’s and Affleck batman.
Nolan’s Batman’s aren’t that dark imo. Well made and definitely a adult feel but it’s not as brutal as I once thought. But then Nolan refuses to show blood. Even with the joker and the pencil trick and slicing mouths. Never any blood. You don’t really see bales Batman properly smash people either in battles. I mean you do but not as savage as say afflecks warehouse fight in BvS and the end of this trailer.
I think this could be the best route for a batman film. Real dark, broody, moody and savage. I’m all for it

Oh I agree, I think the more recent R rated superhero films have conditioned us to realise Nolan's TDK trilogy isn't actually as dark as it could have been and so they're upping the anti with each new rendition and this might be the darkest version yet

Watched the trailer 3 or 4 more times yesterday and looking forward to it more and more after each watch :LOL::rofl:

I’m a huge fan of Nirvana but I realised after the trailer I’ve not actually listened to them this year.

Since hearing ‘something in the way’ again I’ve had nevermind, MTV unplugged, in utero and incesticide on repeat since Saturday. Which probably isn’t a good idea today as there’s been some dark sh!t going on in my house all day but I’m escaping I suppose!

Hiding behind Kurt again like I was a teenager in the late 90s then just a moody f**k in my early naughties. Nostalgia

Looks epic. Like someone did a comic book film in the style of Se7en. Cannot wait!

Funny you mention se7en because I get zodiac vibes.

But the tone is defo se7en great call. Maybe it’s the riddler part giving me zodiac but both being fincher (in my top 5 directors) maybe he was a small inspiration of this version. Either or, reeves looks like he’s pulling something exceptional off here

Apart from @tridon i feel like the second biggest cloverfield fan here - sorry to anyone else..... @Noodles (actually Tridon mate would love to hear your views on this trailer? Not seen you on here for a while) and for a remake I really enjoy his let me in, possibly even more so than the original which I also love. However, I wasn’t massive on dawn and war of the apes. They look fantastic tone wise and cinematically as well as the cgi but I found them a tad boring compared to rise (even though the last 2 look better) but this..... this feels like his masterpiece already.

I seriously cannot wait

• Friendly
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Funny you mention se7en because I get zodiac vibes.

But the tone is defo se7en great call. Maybe it’s the riddler part giving me zodiac but both being fincher (in my top 5 directors) maybe he was a small inspiration of this version. Either or, reeves looks like he’s pulling something exceptional off here

Apart from @tridon i feel like the second biggest cloverfield fan here - sorry to anyone else..... @Noodles (actually Tridon mate would love to hear your views on this trailer? Not seen you on here for a while) and for a remake I really enjoy his let me in, possibly even more so than the original which I also love. However, I wasn’t massive on dawn and war of the apes. They look fantastic tone wise and cinematically as well as the cgi but I found them a tad boring compared to rise (even though the last 2 look better) but this..... this feels like his masterpiece already.

I seriously cannot wait
Cloverfield Lane is the only one I enjoyed, so I'm fine with you taking the crown lol. I miss hearing @tridon's opinion on stuff too... his reviews are one a few I genuinely find interesting and tend to agree with. That said, he posts a lot of his thoughts and reactions over on his Youtube channel...

Cloverfield Lane is the only one I enjoyed, so I'm fine with you taking the crown lol. I miss hearing @tridon's opinion on stuff too... his reviews are one a few I genuinely find interesting and tend to agree with. That said, he posts a lot of his thoughts and reactions over on his Youtube channel...

Ooooohh I’ll check this out in a bit. Haven’t seen his page in while. Plus where I’ve not been on Instagram for 3 months I miss his updates

Reactions: Noodles and tridon
@Flloydo @Noodles

Awe, ya guys are making this hairy Canuck blush. Miss you both, too, but I just haven't had much time for making it on to the forum lately. Like Nick said, I've been sinking a lot of time into trying to grow the Geek Pants YouTube channel. On top of that, I'm really getting into writing again, too, and I'm currently scripting a comicbook. AND, on top of that, I just shot a (super) short horror flick that should be aired in October. I'll keep you guys in the loop on that.

Now with all of that self-marketing out of the way, here's what I can say about The Batman trailer...

I loved it and I really didn't think that I would. I'm huge on Batfleck and that whole situation pissed me off, so there was a moment where I was hating on the thought of The Batman for really no reason (you can see some of that disdain in the reaction video that Nick posted). But what Matt Reeves pulled off with that trailer with ONLY 25% COMPLETE was rather mind-boggling. It feels very real and gritty -- even more-so than the Nolan trilogy. Robert Pattinson seems like he'll do a fine job, too, though I definitely need to see more of him (as both Batman and Bruce). Overall, I'm excited for it now, especially knowing that DC/Warner are going full force with the Multiverse and that we can see multiple versions of the characters and stories that we love.

Anyway, whenever you guys need me, just throw out an @ tag and I'll see it and come. It's kinda like my Bat-Signal (Tridon-Signal?). Until then, I'll be sitting here in the Tridon-Cave.

#CloverfieldIsAwesome

• Friendly
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
@Flloydo @Noodles

Awe, ya guys are making this hairy Canuck blush. Miss you both, too, but I just haven't had much time for making it on to the forum lately. Like Nick said, I've been sinking a lot of time into trying to grow the Geek Pants YouTube channel. On top of that, I'm really getting into writing again, too, and I'm currently scripting a comicbook. AND, on top of that, I just shot a (super) short horror flick that should be aired in October. I'll keep you guys in the loop on that.

Now with all of that self-marketing out of the way, here's what I can say about The Batman trailer...

I loved it and I really didn't think that I would. I'm huge on Batfleck and that whole situation pissed me off, so there was a moment where I was hating on the thought of The Batman for really no reason (you can see some of that disdain in the reaction video that Nick posted). But what Matt Reeves pulled off with that trailer with ONLY 25% COMPLETE was rather mind-boggling. It feels very real and gritty -- even more-so than the Nolan trilogy. Robert Pattinson seems like he'll do a fine job, too, though I definitely need to see more of him (as both Batman and Bruce). Overall, I'm excited for it now, especially knowing that DC/Warner are going full force with the Multiverse and that we can see multiple versions of the characters and stories that we love.

Anyway, whenever you guys need me, just throw out an @ tag and I'll see it and come. It's kinda like my Bat-Signal (Tridon-Signal?). Until then, I'll be sitting here in the Tridon-Cave.

#CloverfieldIsAwesome

Love all of this and very excited to hear more about the short.

But yeah I hear you about the rest. I was up for it anyway because I recently got into pattison although I still had my doubts but the trailer just wowed me. The beat down at the end of the trailer is one of the best live action batman beat downs I’ve ever seen (considering the size of the clip). The other is Affleck in the warehouse in BvS!
And Great to hear batfleck will be back in the flash too.

DCEU looks promising for once

No worries man. Ill check out your video and hopefully speak in more detail soon

I’ve just re read this. Only just realised you said cloverfield lane. I thought you loved cloverfield too. Must of been think of someone else haha. Both are great tbh but the first will always been the one for me. But yeah it’s tridon who wears the crown on that one. I’ll be his queen LOL

I’ve just re read this. Only just realised you said cloverfield lane. I thought you loved cloverfield too. Must of been think of someone else haha. Both are great tbh but the first will always been the one for me. But yeah it’s tridon who wears the crown on that one. I’ll be his queen LOL

Flloydo:
tenor.gif

:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
As much as I beg for Batman in any form, I must confess to being apprehensive to this endeavor. I realize that feeling had no concrete foundation, but damn, every time you turn around these days there's another batman.

Now that I've seen the trailer, though, I'm kind of intrigued. The way he wails away at that thug; I mean, he does it with vengeance and purpose. I think this is going to be a very very dark Batman.

If I'm right on that....... bring it on!

Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
To be fair I need to rewatch it... only seen it once and wasn't a huge fan at the time.

Reactions: Flloydo
I’m a huge fan of Nirvana but I realised after the trailer I’ve not actually listened to them this year.

Since hearing ‘something in the way’ again I’ve had nevermind, MTV unplugged, in utero and incesticide on repeat since Saturday. Which probably isn’t a good idea today as there’s been some dark sh!t going on in my house all day but I’m escaping I suppose!

Hiding behind Kurt again like I was a teenager in the late 90s then just a moody f**k in my early naughties. Nostalgia

What's wrong with their first album ?

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
I love how hyped people are, thanks to the trailer. I saw this earlier on twitter.

20200827_125425.jpg

Someone had taken this still and was suggesting that he was a member of the Court of Owls.

20200827_125521.jpg

In reality it's just a guy who's face is lit up with the camera out of focus on him. But yeah, it's really cool how excited it's got people.

I love how hyped people are, thanks to the trailer. I saw this earlier on twitter.

View attachment 483289

Someone had taken this still and was suggesting that he was a member of the Court of Owls.

View attachment 483290

In reality it's just a guy who's face is lit up with the camera out of focus on him. But yeah, it's really cool how excited it's got people.

thats amazing. I mean, If I spotted that, I’d be convinced it’s the owls too lol

Reactions: vexred
After watching the trailer for the first time, I definitely got vibes of The Crow from it, especially when he (Pattinson) utters the line, I am Vengeance!

Can't wait!!!!

Reactions: willbar84