The Big Lebowski (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 25, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live August 26 around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Overall Gloss Finish

11508969-1374498074564645.jpg

11508969-4084498074733014.jpg 11508969-1464498074915702.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very disappointed that I couldn't use it for American Made.
It did work for about a 1/2 hour after going live but you have to be quick to get an order in before Zavvi disable the discount code
Sometimes some pre orders will be disabled as soon as a release goes live

Best to do a pre order before you get Zavvi new steelbook alert email as it's usually disabled by then

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Arrived today.
going to be honest, I'm disappointed. Although gloss it's screaming for some embossing. I was under the impression this would be bossed but unfortunately no

i agree + more importantly its not really glossy... reminds of pseudo gloss like zavvi aliens had

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
i agree + more importantly its not really glossy... reminds of pseudo gloss like zavvi aliens had
The finish looks like either UK Batman Steels or Zavvi Lenticulars. It is is like they did a basic coat and then gave up. Having said that the PQ is an abomination.

Mines definately glossy compared to those you both mention. Much more glossy

Reactions: lgans316

OK those pictures from FilmArena, the colours and the finish are much better than the steelbook I received from Zavvi. The Zavvi version isn't glossy like the North American Wonder Woman.
The Zavvi version is more like somebody used the paint from kindergarten class (the stuff you mix with water) but in this case added too much water and then tried to paint over a Delorean.

Anyway I don't know how else to describe it. Seems like I can see the bare steel coming through the thin paint.

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
OK those pictures from FilmArena, the colours and the finish are much better than the steelbook I received from Zavvi. The Zavvi version isn't glossy like the North American Wonder Woman.
The Zavvi version is more like somebody used the paint from kindergarten class (the stuff you mix with water) but in this case added too much water and then tried to paint over a Delorean.

Anyway I don't know how else to describe it. Seems like I can see the bare steel coming through the thin paint.

You must have a dud. Mine looks like the pics noodles posted

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95